rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

West Stand
Armchair Saracen (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 07:39
[www.saracens.com]

Incoming

Re: West Stand
Roger G (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 08:07
A year ago, or even 6 months ago, this would've excited me. Now I doubt I'll be able to afford to sit in it so not bothered. Yep....still angry!! (Sm19)

The Bard (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 08:37
Excellent news, with more good seats available an ideal opportunity to restore the east stand wings to sensible pricing and bring back those of us who moved away.

Waldo (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 09:32
Quote:
The Bard
Excellent news, with more good seats available an ideal opportunity to restore the east stand wings to sensible pricing and bring back those of us who moved away.

Nice Idea - Chances of it happening - Nil I expect !

Waldo (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 09:50
I hope the new stand doesn't block out the sun - I just bought a new pair of sunglasses !

boomer! (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 11:00
I fully understand why some may still have anger issues regarding the re-banding of seats thus forcing huge S/T rises onto loyal supports...Ö..

BUT coming from someone who has to get his Sarries matchday fix by buying seats in the current west stand, this is fantastic news.

John Tee (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 11:12
Good news if you increase capacity and attract more fans. But, this is an issue for all clubs. How do clubs build on their fan base...or even sustain it.
Reading other boards, many people are dissilutiioned with certain aspects of the game, currently the officiating, which appears quite a lottery if the last few weeks are anything to go by...?

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 14:12
So building starts at the end of the season and goes on till 2020. If we were still sold out with season ticket holders where would they all have sat? Iím not saying it justifies the lack of communication on season ticket prices but was it a consideration?

nedrichards (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 15:04
It's possible that the club could put up the '15k capacity' stands at the end for the duration of the works to maintain capacity and then take them down again once the new West stand is completed.

Waldo (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 15:27
Quote:
Duncan96
So building starts at the end of the season and goes on till 2020. If we were still sold out with season ticket holders where would they all have sat? Iím not saying it justifies the lack of communication on season ticket prices but was it a consideration?

If you look on the picture the West Stand seating does not span the running track like the East so I guess the demountable seats may well be able to stay during construction . As has been mentioned here the 2 end stands can be extended so maintaining capacity may not be too much of an issue .

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 15:48
Thats what I thought would happen as its set so far back

European champions 2016 & 2017

Garp285 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 16:17
Quote:
boomer!
BUT coming from someone who has to get his Sarries matchday fix by buying seats in the current west stand, this is fantastic news.
No it isn't! I love my seat in the West Stand (temp)! A dozen rows back on the 10m line, great view, close to bench, great bunch around us and all for £450. Ok, so we get wet occasionally. Not gonna get all that in our nice shiny new stand with a roof ;-) Despite probably losing out personally though, I think this will be great.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 18:10
Garp for £450 I will happily buy a ST behind you in the new West stand and shower you with a watering can if that helps?

Garp285 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 19:24
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Garp for £450 I will happily buy a ST behind you in the new West stand and shower you with a watering can if that helps?
And I'd happily let you!

AlanE (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 04:07
Quote:
nedrichards
It's possible that the club could put up the '15k capacity' stands at the end for the duration of the works to maintain capacity and then take them down again once the new West stand is completed.

Wouldn't this breach the deal with Barnet Shaftesbury Harriers to have 4 lanes of the track available for athletics throughout?

The original plan (may have changed of course) was to have the West demountable stands remaining for most of the duration of the works, giving a slightly reduced capacity.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 08:05
To answer my own question I believe I now remember it was explained at a fans forum that the shell of the stand can be built quite quickly allowing seats to be fitted with access from the running track. Itís all the fitting out behind those seats that takes time. So, by the time the 2019/20 season starts or soon after seats will be in place

nedrichards (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 20:50
Thanks for the update Duncan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net