rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

OT ~ Reading vs Saracens
boomer! (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 10:50
Some time in the distant past I went to a Sarries cup game away at Reading RFC.

The supporters coach picked up at Bramley Road and I remember it was a bitterly cold day, so cold in fact that I stayed in the Reading clubhouse drinking hot toddies for the 2nd half.

Can anyone remind me of the date?

Re: OT ~ Reading vs Saracens
Paxton sarrie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2018 08:06
21 Dec 1996 saracens won 41-3 in 4th round ofpilkington cup...is that the one

boomer! (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 14:26
Probably as it was a cup game, and given the date, it will explain why I was freezing the proverbials off.

Thanks.

31 October, 2018 12:20
Sorry to bump an old thread, but found the news report for the fixture from the Independent for those who like an old Sarries story!

Link

Barty II (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 12:23
glad you bumped it! Although I was only three at the time (sorry.) it's good to read about days gone by - especially good to keep us grounded and remember when we weren't the ultra-successful club we are now.

AlanE (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 12:36
Muna Ebongalame and Tony Copsey....happy days.

Cue for a couple of songs there.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

boomer! (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 12:50
Quote:
Barty II
glad you bumped it! Although I was only three at the time (sorry.) it's good to read about days gone by - especially good to keep us grounded and remember when we weren't the ultra-successful club we are now.

And I was errr... the wrong side of my 40th birthday (Sm58). OMG, how time flies.

Nice read from grauniad too.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 13:58
Quote:
AlanE
Muna Ebongalame and Tony Copsey....happy days.
Cue for a couple of songs there.

Wasn't that the match that spawned one of them?

For the benefit of the youngsters on here, 'Una Paloma Blanca' (one white dove) was a song taken into the charts by a paedophile decades ago.

If you thought, as I did, that it would be impossible to fit 'Muna Ebugalame' into a song, you would underestimate that the drunken imagination of the Fez Boyz!

All together now:

Muna Ebugalame,
He's just a guy on the wing
He once scored two tries,
Since then nuttin'

smiling smiley

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Bboonie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 22:15
Brimah Kebby! Good God, he was a RL (Hull?) convert.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net