rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Hooker Leaving
dirtybertie (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 12:35
Was on the cards for a while be interesting to see who steps up now

[www.rugbypass.com]

Re: Hooker Leaving
OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 12:52
Officially confirmed leaving for Toulon after this season.

Barty II (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 12:52
Based on his debut saturday, Tom Woolstencroft isn't a bad stand-in but I'd guess we may want another body in the squad.

Waldo (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 12:59
I thought Woolstencroft had a good game and will serve us well.

If i recall correctly when Tolofua came to us he was not of interest to France or the French teams because of injury issues (much Like Chippie) and again much like Chippie he has come good whist with us.

If he has international ambitions he is probably better off back in France - and good luck to him in that .

I don't think we need to push the hooker panic button just yet though .

Waldo (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:03
Just seen the announcement on the fish.

Does this not come across a little terse ?

Graeme D (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:08
Quote:
Waldo
Just seen the announcement on the fish.
Does this not come across a little terse ?

Factual. Hard to say he has set the world alight and won numerous trophies.

Not sure what else we should say.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:18
Agree on the tone/neutrality of the statement and tbh that's fair enough. France had written him off but at Saracens he has had his surgery, time off (so not available to play) and now he's back he's off. Fair play to him and I really liked what I had seen of him but the club will move on. Hopefully going EQP rather than another foreign player. Mikey Haywood seems to have slipped to third choice at Saints and is far to good for that. Maybe its time he and Clark had a Christmas drink to see how their respective lives are going?

Gryff (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:41
It didn't thank him, didn't wish him well! Reports a couple of weeks ago quoting him as sayng he was happy to stay at Sarries so there seems to have been a change of heart, mind or most probably bank balance with Guirado said to be leaving Toulon at end of the season.

MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 14:42
Quote:
Barty II
Based on his debut saturday, Tom Woolstencroft isn't a bad stand-in but I'd guess we may want another body in the squad.

I second that. Our intensity fell off when he was first subbed and picked up again when he came back on

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 14:47
I also thought Tom Woolstencroft played well on Saturday and has a bit about him. He will need to work on:

1) His throwing - I think he nailed 1/10 in the warm up.

2) His haircut, which is currently very concerning.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 14:50
Alternatively I hear there's an old bloke playing with the Stormers at the moment. Maybe we could pick him on the cheap.

Barty II (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 15:02
Quote:
#wolfpack
I also thought Tom Woolstencroft played well on Saturday and has a bit about him. He will need to work on:
1) His throwing - I think he nailed 1/10 in the warm up.

2) His haircut, which is currently very concerning.

Perfect - got all the rubbish ones out of the way in the warm up. All spot on in the match!

Huxley (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 15:08
Anyone else notice that Mako had responded to the tweet announcement with "#fakenews", and now the story has been removed on the fish and twitter? probably just admin related, but bit odd.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 15:35
Strange... Toulon reckon he's signed...

Link

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 16:06
Could be as simple as someone messed up posting on the Offy. Normal form is you let the new club announce the signing first.

CT (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 16:56
Toulon did announce it first. Perhaps he's agreed a contract with them but hasn't signed it yet and Toulon have jumped the gun?

Eric Browett (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 16:57
Is Scott Spurling injured again?

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 12:39
If I were the club and I didn't want him to go I would issue a terse statement too. The guy came over here with his career in the balance with serious neck injury that ruled him out of ever playing for France again.

The club support him through the operation and rehab then just when he is fit he leaves for Toulon.

It would explain the statements tone.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 13:04
A door opens for Joe Gray!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 14:13
TT that's very optimistic. Not sure I see Gray as a 23 player.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 16:12
Quote:
SarrieSaint
TT that's very optimistic. Not sure I see Gray as a 23 player.

We have a record of improving players who weren't previously widely rated.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net