rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: England Team for SA - now up
John Tee (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 20:50
I thought it could have been a card at the end...as that is the way refs are seeing this season.
Having said that, the Boks only have themselves to blame for not putting the game out of sight courtesy of the botched line-out in the first half.
Daly wasnt good but he hasn't got going this season...a bit like itoje last year. Expect him to come back but he needs dropping Imv.

New boys did ok but the result covers up a lot of stuff.
First half was same old....second half was ballsy but thankfully against a fallible backline when they were asked to defend in the own half.
I can't see that being good enough against Aus or nz.

I'm not sure we should take the second half as any sort of meaning turning point.

Still don't see any real leaders out there which means Hartley must still play...
He was right to question the ref about Kruis when the ref said he was ok...only for the lino to call it a pen. Hartley rightly said Kruis was only doing what the ref told him was ok...
Right to question that as the ref or lino couldn't both be right.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 22:47
Kruis was on the end of a couple of dodgy calls. Tbh I am not entirely sure what the Law is on changing your bind but the AR actually pinged Kruis for coming in from the side which he categorically doesn't do. He comes through the middle, has a hand on Marx then the SA LH tries to pull him out but just pulls him to the side he is still holding Marx. He then move one hand to put them both on Marx and then the maul collapses.

Also interesting that the ref played on for the shoulder to his face that he got from Snyman on the basis that he dipped into it. I am sure Cipriani will be glad to know that's a thing again ...

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 12:39
After that performance, Hansen could put out the kids that played Japan and win!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Innings (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 12:52
If SA had a hooker who was half as reliable on the throw-in as Dylan or Jamie, they'd have been way ahead by half-time.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

John Tee (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 13:03
Yep. Cant recall a straight one and to bomb three over the back was very strange. They had us on toast up front at that point so I think two good safe throws would have been two tries.

JO'G (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 11:26
I wonder if this is in fact the reverse of Altitude training

spent the last while throwing to locks who were higher in the air due to the rarified atmosphere and increased propulsion from the lifters

now they are all at sea level Twickenham can't be that much above high tide level - the trows are simply too good

John Tee (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 11:45
Quote:
JO'G
I wonder if this is in fact the reverse of Altitude training
spent the last while throwing to locks who were higher in the air due to the rarified atmosphere and increased propulsion from the lifters

now they are all at sea level Twickenham can't be that much above high tide level - the trows are simply too good

Good point....but I'd hope an elite athlete... And Marks in deemed as good as they get in his position.. should have distance empathy and not be so mechanical...?

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 11:53
Quote:
Innings
If SA had a hooker who was half as reliable on the throw-in as Dylan or Jamie, they'd have been way ahead by half-time.

It's not been a problem for Marks in the past. Indeed he's often been described as 'the best hooker in the world', an epithet capable of being misconstrued!

Maybe, when at SOAS, Maro fitted in a few Afrikaans lessons and cracked their calls smiling smiley

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 11:55 by TonyTaff.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 16:57
Quote:
TonyTaff
Indeed he's often been described as 'the best hooker in the world', an epithet capable of being misconstrued!

I thought that Putin claimed that prize, on behalf of the fallen women of Russia?

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net