rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Supporters Forum
Barty II (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 10:49
Announced by the club on all platforms. Perhaps the rumblings that we aren't being listened to properly are being listened to?

Many positions on offer to represent different facets of the club, would assume a number of people on this board are worthy of a nomination

New forum group
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 10:48
Saracens have announced on fb a new forum to include supporters from all groups to discuss issues with club bigwigs!!
Representatives from East West North & South stands plus SSA & SOT representative & ladies rep to be selected
Meetings to be held quarterly on mornings of home matches

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2018 10:53 by Highbury Saracen.

Re: New forum group
Barty II (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 10:59
My apologies for duplication HS...

31 October, 2018 12:24
No worries Barty
This could be quite good....I believe Tigers have something similar in place

Sorry meant to say that the merge fairy has been at work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 08:27 by sutton_sarrie.

Barty II (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 12:28
Definitely. Think some of us feel quite disconnected from the club at the minute so good to see something happening - real proof will be if any action is taken by saracens big-wigs based on feedback from the forum over the next months/years, or if it just becomes another platform for airing grievances to a deaf ear.

Hoping for the former. Must admit I'm contemplating sticking my hand up for a go.

Re: Supporters Forum
BigBri (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 12:38
Too little too late for me. Never replied to two emails around the time of the season ticket rise and have no connection to the club apart from my friends and watching the team.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

CB1959 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 13:19
Quote:
BigBri
Too little too late for me. Never replied to two emails around the time of the season ticket rise and have no connection to the club apart from my friends and watching the team.

Same as me Bri, the only difference mine being in the ED G era.

31 October, 2018 13:57
I have filled out application in hope that the same disconnect should not occur again smiling smiley

BigBri (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 15:29
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I have filled out application in hope that the same disconnect should not occur again smiling smiley

Are you still in East stand HS? Happy for you to voice our concerns but fear that the horse has bolted around season ticket prices and everyone around us has left or moved. Atmosphere is muted at best in E4 no matter how much noise the remaining 10 or so Fez voices make.

Guess the chat will be about atmosphere, music, after match entertainment and hopefully the improvement in the beer quality.

[images.google.co.uk]

31 October, 2018 16:42
Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Are you still in East stand HS? Happy for you to voice our concerns but fear that the horse has bolted around season ticket prices and everyone around us has left or moved. Atmosphere is muted at best in E4 no matter how much noise the remaining 10 or so Fez voices make.

Guess the chat will be about atmosphere, music, after match entertainment and hopefully the improvement in the beer quality.

Yes Bri I moved from E8 up other end to E1
Not sure how involved it will get but I agree it is ‘shutting stable door’ hopefully I can get a few votes & voice some of the fezboys & older supporters concerns smiling smiley

Kevetty (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 18:26
Go for it Tim!

Steve Robo (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 19:28
Damage has been done. Everything has been voiced already and ignored, so can't be bothered.

GerryK (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 19:35
Perhaps we should introduce on-line hustings, so that those interested can put their best foot forward, before a vote. On reflection perhaps not, as one requires several nominees for that to be practical and what is the likelihood of that.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 20:05
Certainly possible to get a few, though whether they turn out to actually be competing is an interesting bit.

Also worth some thought into whether each platform should do its discussion itself or whether some cross-talking is possible: there's such a (good!) high degree of a cross-pollination it might avoid the chance of people having the same discussion multiple times

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 21:07
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
No worries Barty
This could be quite good....I believe Tigers have something similar in place

Why would Tigers want to meet to discuss Saracens (Sm22)

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 07:03
I am deeply suspicious of this move by the club.

As the SSA has now over 700 members,it could be said to represent a substantial number of the home audience especially as there is growth in the membership every year.

The way in which we were all dealt with last season and the “take it or go forth” message plus the infamous email rubbishing loyalty, put us all in our place.

Much as we choose to support the club, it is not ours.

We were told in effect that as long as there were 10,000 in the ground putting money in, as individuals we were irrelevant and replaceable.

By setting up this forum the club can choose to ignore the 750+ Voices of the SSA by giving them just one in a large pool. Whilst saying that they have opened up a broad spectrum in a talk shop which is likely to be a meaningless sham; classic divide and rule.

It is an old saying but often true.

“Just because I am paranoid does not mean that they are out to get me”

Roger G (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 07:58
This kind of forum was something I mentioned in a PM to one of our fellow pain-bearers this summer, so I should be happy to see it formed. However, I too am deeply suspicious for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, if the club were truly willing to listen and act on the mood of the fans they would've acknowledged their recent cock-up more openly, rather than the implied admission with this move.

Secondly, I am told (but don't know for sure, that the management did consult with the SSA prior to the summer's debacle. If that is truly the case then either the SSA do not represent the whole Saracens supporters family or, much more likely, the management simply ignored them.

I would gladly support true representatives in this kind of council, but it wouldn't surprise me if the "elected" reps all turned out to be newbies that can afford the new outrageous prices, rather than Fezboys or other, longer standing and long suffering supporters.

Barty II (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 08:06
Quote:
Old Curmudgeon
I am deeply suspicious of this move by the club.
As the SSA has now over 700 members,it could be said to represent a substantial number of the home audience especially as there is growth in the membership every year.

The way in which we were all dealt with last season and the “take it or go forth” message plus the infamous email rubbishing loyalty, put us all in our place.

Much as we choose to support the club, it is not ours.

We were told in effect that as long as there were 10,000 in the ground putting money in, as individuals we were irrelevant and replaceable.

By setting up this forum the club can choose to ignore the 750+ Voices of the SSA by giving them just one in a large pool. Whilst saying that they have opened up a broad spectrum in a talk shop which is likely to be a meaningless sham; classic divide and rule.

It is an old saying but often true.

“Just because I am paranoid does not mean that they are out to get me”

According to the Fish, forum members will be voted for by all us fans. Would hope that it doesn't necessarily mean there's only one member of the SSA involved, but the structure means there is guaranteed to be AT LEAST one. I may well put my name forward as a south stand season ticket holder, or tenuously representing "the youths of today". Also an SSA member, although admittedly not a particularly active one.

Rupes (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 08:55
Interesting - as a non-season ticket holder and not falling into any of the other categories, not sure how I can get elected! May ask the club.

Also; that's 18 people, plus club representatives, so I estimate that meeting will have about 20/21 people, possibly more. That's a lot of people in a room to actually take a decision and move forward, in my business view. Will be fascinated to see what comes out of this in terms of action, rather than the club saying "this is what we're doing, we told the forum".

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 09:04
I would be interested what role the SSA played in this summers debacle on season tickets. Were they really consulted? If so what did they tell the club?

Just interested to know.

I think one seat is enough for them given they have 700 members. It equates to about 1 block of a stand at AZP so its about right.

Graeme D (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 09:51
Quote:
Wayoutwest
I would be interested what role the SSA played in this summers debacle on season tickets. Were they really consulted? If so what did they tell the club?
Just interested to know.

I think one seat is enough for them given they have 700 members. It equates to about 1 block of a stand at AZP so its about right.

As one of the Directors of the SSA I can confirm that we were not consulted on anything to do with the Recatogrisation of tickets or changes in the Prices.

Roger G - What is the name of the person who told you that we were consulted ?

Graeme Davis

Graeme D (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 10:03
With regard to the actual forum whilst the SSA is a very active part of the club with over 780 paying members, and runs numerous events with the club and has close links we are totally independent and only one part of the whole club.

There are lots of different sections of the club and this is I guess an attempt to address all sections in one go and get a global feeling for what is good an what is not so good !

What brings us all together is that we are fans and supporters of Saracens.

Graeme D

PS for £10 a year even the not so active members get great value [:wor kid:]

Roger G (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 10:32
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Just interested to know.

As one of the Directors of the SSA I can confirm that we were not consulted on anything to do with the Recatogrisation of tickets or changes in the Prices.

Roger G - What is the name of the person who told you that we were consulted ?

Graeme Davis

Graeme, have replied by PM. However I want to make clear I didn't intend any criticism of the SSA, more the management for not listening if there was any contact between the two. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

Barty II (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 10:47
Quote:
Graeme D

PS for £10 a year even the not so active members get great value [:wor kid:]

As exactly this person, I 100% agree!

01 November, 2018 15:04
And so it begins!

Misinformation,half truths and pettiness which leads to name calling and infighting.

Divide and rule. Do you really believe that the current hierarchy give a monkeys about what we think? This whole episode is a stunt.

Following a drawn out process and the selection of an unmanageable number of people in a committee nothing will be done, but the excuses will already be built in.

By which time there will be another CEO and another policy shift and another committee during which time our emails will not be acknowledged or replied to, our concerns will be ignored.

We only support the club, we do not own it nor are we employed by it.

Over the decades we have allowed ourselves to believe that we have a kind of influence much as our local pub. They want our money and then they want us to go away.

Should we embarrass them by dressing in “racist” costumes the snowflakes will not look beyond a daft prank that became an even more daft tradition.

The bright new generation is where the money is not with a cynical, unmarkettable, less gullible, old curmudgeon like me.

One of the new generation in the offices above, mistakenly believing that my age gauranteed deafness, called me a dinosaur to his colleague last season and that is how we are regarded.

saracen1971 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 15:19
Someone makes a statement this statement is politely corrected and an apology is forthcoming. I would hardly describe that as some kind of Revolution with stand vs stand combat some people are simply not prepared to give anything a chance are they .

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 15:39
Quote:
Old Curmudgeon
And so it begins!
Misinformation,half truths and pettiness which leads to name calling and infighting.

Divide and rule. Do you really believe that the current hierarchy give a monkeys about what we think? This whole episode is a stunt.

Following a drawn out process and the selection of an unmanageable number of people in a committee nothing will be done, but the excuses will already be built in.

By which time there will be another CEO and another policy shift and another committee during which time our emails will not be acknowledged or replied to, our concerns will be ignored.

We only support the club, we do not own it nor are we employed by it.

Over the decades we have allowed ourselves to believe that we have a kind of influence much as our local pub. They want our money and then they want us to go away.

Should we embarrass them by dressing in “racist” costumes the snowflakes will not look beyond a daft prank that became an even more daft tradition.

The bright new generation is where the money is not with a cynical, unmarkettable, less gullible, old curmudgeon like me.

One of the new generation in the offices above, mistakenly believing that my age gauranteed deafness, called me a dinosaur to his colleague last season and that is how we are regarded.

Goodness. I can't for the life of me think why they thought you were a dinosaur! (Sm105)(Sm151) (meant as a gentle ribbing (Sm130) )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 15:40 by Duncan96.

GerryK (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 16:41
I realise all the skeptical comments have some validity, however I think that we should give the proposal a real go.

I do not believe that we are incapable of making our presence felt, I would suggest that we have very few shrinking violets amongst the supporters fraternity and therefore we have sufficient bolshy people in our ranks who can make make a real difference. Would strongly suggest that we do not give up before the process has actually commenced. Come on folks this is an opportunity to make our presence felt. If we do not participate, it will not be possible for us to claim that the club has not listened

01 November, 2018 18:37
I have no issue with giving it a go but with eyes wide open.

Also I take no offence with the ribbing, I learned long ago that if you cannot take it do not dish it.

And I am one of the worst.

Mac L (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 18:52
Whilst a minor contributor to this forum and a STH in E3 I am considering putting myself forward but do not expect to get anywhere.

mrangry (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 19:46
I am not bothering to stand as I doubt anyone who knows me would vote for me, unless they wanted to annoy the other members, but I do feel this is another con trick. As someone who has supported for over 30years I have seen it all before, and have few real complaints, realising the club will do what it wants with pricing, and ignore what a forum wants. I want better beer too, but Greene King seem to have a monopoly, as they had at Bramley Road (when it did taste better). We would like a covered (even a temporary tent) by the Wolfpack bus, but we've even lost the benches from there ( the SSA area nicked them). What chance do the real fans have when so many decisions are taken away from them? Why doesn't the club just put out a fan's mag where the ordinary fan could vent their feelings? If enough agreed then who knows the club might listen. But a committee with protocols, as no doubt the forum will be, will not solve anything

Barty II (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 20:29
You know what, I'm going for it. Would do my best to make sure the views of the many intelligent fans here are at least heard by the club. And if it doesn't work, hey at least I tried, and I can come back here and whinge about it like I normally do.

LutonS (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 08:21
One question, how are the majority of us supposed to know who to vote for in the event of multiple candidates, as seems to be the case in the East?

02 November, 2018 08:27
Quote:
LutonS
One question, how are the majority of us supposed to know who to vote for in the event of multiple candidates, as seems to be the case in the East?

You’ll will get an email from club with candidates profile picture & a bit about them I believe
For future reference I have my fez on in my pic!!! smiling smiley

Gryff (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 08:46
Think the Club said they'd form a shortlist, they didn't say what the criteria would be so unlucky Tim (Sm6)

02 November, 2018 09:02
Ha ha....doubtful I’d get on shortlist if club are sifting through candidates! smiling smiley

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:13
People are being very critical of the club putting this forum in place and these are the same people who are saying that fans have no voice in the club anymore.

Yes we arent the 2 bit club we used to be where fans were listened to over a pint in the bar by those in a position of power, we are a club that is running as business but we as customers are now getting this opportunity to have a say in (some) things that could make the club we all love a better thing.

Those who are moaning about not having a voice why not use this as an opportunity to have one. im sure we can all recognise the same few individuals who always put themselves forward but if you want things to change take this opportunity to put yourself (or a friend) in the right place to have the right conversations.

AP (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:25
Quote:
Brighty_Fez
People are being very critical of the club putting this forum in place and these are the same people who are saying that fans have no voice in the club anymore.
Yes we arent the 2 bit club we used to be where fans were listened to over a pint in the bar by those in a position of power, we are a club that is running as business but we as customers are now getting this opportunity to have a say in (some) things that could make the club we all love a better thing.

Those who are moaning about not having a voice why not use this as an opportunity to have one. im sure we can all recognise the same few individuals who always put themselves forward but if you want things to change take this opportunity to put yourself (or a friend) in the right place to have the right conversations.

Exactly!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:40
Brighty, You will learn that its's the hope that crushes you the most....

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 14:26
Quote:
Wayoutwest

I do wonder where the more optimistic voices sit in AzP I have this nagging feeling they do not reside amongst those who have been royally shafted. IMHO of course, happy to be wrong.

Barty II (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 14:33
Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
Wayoutwest

I do wonder where the more optimistic voices sit in AzP I have this nagging feeling they do not reside amongst those who have been royally shafted. IMHO of course, happy to be wrong.

I'm in the south stand Jim. Couldn't afford the shafted seats even before the prices went up. Apologies for my optimism but surely this is worth giving a go?

Gryff (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 14:54
I think I count as optimistic and was royally done over as I sit in E5

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 15:00
Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
Wayoutwest

Jim where we choose to sit in the ground is an individuals choice and you pay what you feel you can afford to watch what you have a passion for. Sometimes away from home this means not always sitting with the larger vocal groups of fans because clubs have cheaper tickets not opted for.
This is the same at home if you choose to sit in the "prime" blocks and the club chooses to increase prices there are still options to move down the categories. For me in the north stand if they put our tickets up 50 or 60% that really would be trying to kick us out the club as there is no where cheaper.
People always have options and a lot of people moaned before looking at them this year and only took the negative over the positive and im not backing the clubs way of doing things because they messed up but take the opportunity to help them not make it again.

Roger G (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 15:57
Quote:
Brighty_Fez
....if you choose to sit in the "prime" blocks and the club chooses to increase prices there are still options to move down the categories.

Hmmm. As one of those who was "right royally shafted" that's not a statement that would win my vote for the East Stand representative. The options available were very limited, all much worse deals that the our seats on the old terms, and the club's senior management did absolutely zip to make any transition smooth and equitable. Many supporters were left in competition with each other to find the best alternative, and the ticket office were left to sort out the mess and deal with the severe frustration expressed by those supporters.

GerryK (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 17:18
As I indicated in an earlier message, no one was happy at the way in which the whole issue was handled,or the level of price increase foisted upon us. However it is good to see that one or two others agree with my contention that in order to ensure Supporters are part of the process rather than sitting on the sidelines and moan.

Let us take advantage of the opportunity offered us

Roger G (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 18:14
To some extent I agree with you Gerry, it's worth a go, but I have very little confidence that the new forum will have any significant effect. Why? Because any business manager worth his salt doesn't need telling about the value to the business of brand loyalty, so either the current management are not "worth their salt" and won't see the harm in pi$$ing off loyal, but maybe less well heeled fans, or if they do, they simply don't care.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 19:02
Quote:
GerryK
As I indicated in an earlier message, no one was happy at the way in which the whole issue was handled,or the level of price increase foisted upon us. However it is good to see that one or two others agree with my contention that in order to ensure Supporters are part of the process rather than sitting on the sidelines and moan.
Let us take advantage of the opportunity offered us

+1

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 08:31
I think most are agreed they can see that Saracens needed to increase revenues because the losses were so high, but that the way it was done and communicated was incompetent.

But, we all make mistakes, and this on the surface seems to be an attempt not to make the same mistakes again.

It’s success depends on 2 things:

1. A willingness by the club to take it seriously. If it works well it will be a useful tool for them to avoid similar mistakes in the future.

2. The quality of the members. It will take work by delegates to garner opinions (and a communication tool via the fish or some other means will be needed). It will also take good judgement to decide in such a large forum as to what to concentrate on which means not prioritising some opinions.

It’ll only work if everyone tries to make it work and there doesn’t seem a good reason not to try.

BigBri (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 13:46
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Quote:
LutonS

You’ll will get an email from club with candidates profile picture & a bit about them I believe

A fez wearer will get my vote every time (Sm109)

[images.google.co.uk]

Barty II (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 07:52
Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Quote:
LutonS

A fez wearer will get my vote every time (Sm109)

I had to ditch my fez photo - thought that clearly being several pints deep didn't quite give off the right impression!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net