rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Supporters Forum
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 08:54
Barty.....you need to practise more!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Barty II (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 09:16
Think that's half the problem, having too much practice!

Rupes (IP Logged)
12 November, 2018 11:30
Having re-read the piece about this on the Fish, I note with interest the caveat at the end - "The Supportersí Forum does not exist to discuss on pitch performance, player welfare or transfer news."

Transfer news I understand. But that does mean the question "the on pitch performance is poor, not justifying the high season ticket prices" cannot be asked. (Sm156)

AP (IP Logged)
12 November, 2018 18:57
The first part of that is an assumption or fact, not an item for discussion, which is the second part.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

nicsue (IP Logged)
12 November, 2018 21:57
Whoever gets those dratted drummers removed will get my vote.

13 November, 2018 10:19
I am sure there will be limitations with regards to this forums powers
There are lots of things that can be improved both pre match & post match!
I think a marquee area like at Exeter would be a better alternative to the souless olympic bar & a variation on entertainment not 3/4 weeks of drumming!

Rupes (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 10:21
Perhaps a different percussion instrument every home match? Drums are old hat, next week it's the triangle (I hear Waldo's a great triangle player), then the glockenspiel and so on...

13 November, 2018 10:58
I would look forward to waldo entertaining the masses! smiling smiley

BigBri (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 12:36
I've got a kazoo if that helps ? (Sm163)

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Barty II (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 12:52
If I end up with a spot on the forum my first action will be to canvass for the Unofficial Forum Band.

Bri, if you can do a kazoo solo while the rest of us wave a tambourine about, then we're away. We'll peak with a full Oompah band for what is hopefully a home Premiership semi final?

Rupes (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 16:08
"wave a tambourine about" - what is this, the Salvation Army?! Although I do like the idea of a full Oompah band, sousaphone and all.

Maybe the Olympic Bar becomes a Beer Hall with full on long tables, steins, waitress in traditional dress and we turn it into an Oktoberfest? Appreciate I'm about 11 months too early with the idea, but this is the sort of thing this forum will need to come up with! Lateral thinking is good...

Barty II (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 17:33
Was just trying to capture what would be 'level 1' of our new band. Level 2 being an upgrade to a triangle I reckon.

Absolutely up for Oktoberfest 2019 being the first major breakthrough of the forum. Dare say plenty of the players would be more than happy too.

LutonS (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 07:24
Quote:
Barty II
Was just trying to capture what would be 'level 1' of our new band. Level 2 being an upgrade to a triangle I reckon.

I'll be happy when we get to level 42!

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 07:50
Quote:
LutonS
Quote:
Barty II

I'll be happy when we get to level 42!

That requires a saxophone

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 08:35
For info, the "voting" will go live after about 10am tomorrow and ends 23rd November

Some of the categories have a dozen people to choose from, others only a couple or even just a single applicant.

14 November, 2018 09:07
One rep for eest stand lower to be elected,
One rep for west stand upper so covering 1k people tops and then rep for east stand which must hold 6k!!

Gryff (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 09:19
They say up to 18 forum members there are only 16 categories so they may double up, on say, East Stand

Waldo (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:25
where is all this info ?

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 11:36
Quote:
Waldo
where is all this info ?

In my email inbox. I'm one of the sad cases that's actually put myself forward...

14 November, 2018 11:38
Quote:
Waldo
where is all this info ?

You will receive an email tomorrow Waldo
I asked why there wasnít a fezboy rep & was told they will consider it next season smiling smiley

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 12:07
Actually seems to have gone live on the Fish already

GerryK (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 12:21
Having looked at the info on all the nominees, they appear to be an impressive group. Actually making a decision is going to be difficult. I am sure that the future for fans is going to secure and develop in the right direction whoever gets elected

LutonS (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:06
This is no reflection on anyone standing, they have my thanks for giving up their time etc.

BUT.....

Having had a look there is no concept of electoral probity here. as this has been done as an anonymous survey, you can vote as often as you like for as many candidates as you like irrespective of categories. If the club can't even get the voting right, I don't feel it bodes well. Added to this is the fact that I know none of the candidates and the brief statement that goes with each doesn't really set out what they stand for IMO.

For all the above reasons, I'm not voting but I do wish this body luck in the future.

Gryff (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:29
Not sure we are looking at same survey then. When I went through it I could only vote once in each category and at end it took my name and email. When I went to look at it again I was told I'd already completed even without putting email address in so assume isp registered.

Some profiles are short but many give quite a full background etc

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:33
Link to vote...

[www.saracens.com]

I was also asked for name and email...
Yes I suppose you could register under different emails..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Waldo (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:42
I might be being thick - but what is BAME ?

Gryff (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 13:53
Quote:
Waldo

Black,asian,and minority etchnic

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 14:58
Quote:
LutonS
This is no reflection on anyone standing, they have my thanks for giving up their time etc.
BUT.....

Having had a look there is no concept of electoral probity here. as this has been done as an anonymous survey, you can vote as often as you like for as many candidates as you like irrespective of categories. If the club can't even get the voting right, I don't feel it bodes well. Added to this is the fact that I know none of the candidates and the brief statement that goes with each doesn't really set out what they stand for IMO.

For all the above reasons, I'm not voting but I do wish this body luck in the future.

Think this should be differentiated from party politics really - would like to think that regardless of who gets the nod in the category I'm in, we're all wanting to do the same thing, i.e. represent a section of the fans, listen to their concerns, and be their spokesperson to the club. I'd image what we stand for is all pretty much the same, not like the Saracens Tories vs Saracens Labour.

I could be very wrong and have just lost votes though!

Waldo (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 15:02
Quote:
Gryff
Quote:
Waldo

Right - thanks

Is it just me that didn't know what that was?

Some potential candidates might not have been aware.

Surprised there isn't a Pioneers category. They could offer some value in this .

nicsue (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 22:21
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Gryff
Quote:
Waldo

Right - thanks

Surprised there isn't a Pioneers category. They could offer some value in this .

You are not alone, I too did not know what BAME stood for.

AP (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 10:38
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Gryff
Quote:
Waldo

Right - thanks

Recently found out that my niece who is an undergraduate at a good university didn't know it - and she's English / Ghanaian by parentage! Perhaps more people take no notice of these PC things that we sometimes think.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 10:42
Quote:
AP
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Gryff
Quote:
Waldo

Right - thanks

Recently found out that my niece who is an undergraduate at a good university didn't know it - and she's English / Ghanaian by parentage! Perhaps more people take no notice of these PC things that we sometimes think.

Or less.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 10:57
Not saying its good or bad but there are a lot of what I would call "new" supporters standing i.e. only been with us for the last 3 years. I suppose they make up most of the supporters now at AZP.

chris87 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 11:37
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Not saying its good or bad but there are a lot of what I would call "new" supporters standing i.e. only been with us for the last 3 years. I suppose they make up most of the supporters now at AZP.

That's something I noticed as well and did make me question if there was a reason why there was more "new" supporters wanting to be apart of it.

My concern is that when you have been as successful as us for the last 9 years how will supporters react when we start a decline in the successful i.e. Leicester Tigers/Manchester United,

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 14:43
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
AP
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Gryff
Quote:
Waldo

Right - thanks

Or less.

Or fewer ;-)

Barty II (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 21:49
Quote:
chris87
Quote:
Wayoutwest

That's something I noticed as well and did make me question if there was a reason why there was more "new" supporters wanting to be apart of it.

My concern is that when you have been as successful as us for the last 9 years how will supporters react when we start a decline in the successful i.e. Leicester Tigers/Manchester United,

Surely if anything itís a good sign that some newer fans want to be more involved with the club - less likely to disappear when the going gets tough?

South Beds Sarrie (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 22:13
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I am sure there will be limitations with regards to this forums powers
There are lots of things that can be improved both pre match & post match!
I think a marquee area like at Exeter would be a better alternative to the souless olympic bar & a variation on entertainment not 3/4 weeks of drumming!
Not to start a big debate on this, but there isn't any point the club incurring the cost of hiring a marquee when they have got the biggest bar in Europe as a fixed asset. A few more tables and seats wouldn't go amiss though, and it's good to have a band on. Like the drummers btw.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net