rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES ARE REMAINERS!

Latest: CARDIFF BLUES 14:26 SARACENS
Next: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens Sat 22nd Dec, 15.00 Sandy Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens, Sat 22nd Dec 14.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Poll: That tackle by Faz
AlanE (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 10:04
Quote:
london pride
The referee,touch judge,TMO and later on the citing officer all think it was OK.Thats good enough for me.

Yes, and contrary to VNo1F's view - the ref was very clear that there was sufficient attempt to wrap the arms.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

AlanE (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 10:06
Quote:
VyvyansNo1Fan
...also very lucky in the current climate not to get a red card. OF was fortunate the guy was tall, if he was 4 inches shorter OF shoulder would have made contact with the head for an undebatable red.

If ifs and ans were pots and pans. He was, he wasn't and it didn't; all else is noise as far as a red is concerned.

bargepole (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 10:13
I just don't get those who come on these boards to slag off OF because he's a Sarries player, or want England to lose because they think EJ should be replaced.

As far as I'm concerned, I always support the team in white (even when not agreeing with the selections), and when they pull on that shirt, they are all 'our' England boys, regardless of which club they came from.

The tackle? A marginal call, but there was an attempt to wrap an arm, and he didn't make contact with the player's head. The correct decision was made,

Wasps supporter and ex-player since 1964

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 11:26
Great video from the Saffas!

[www.youtube.com]

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 17:01
Quote:
AP
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I thought it should have been a penalty as it looked like too much shoulder and not enough attempt to wrap. Very happy it wasn't given though, and the huge Saffa needed putting on his backside!

I think that says everything that needs to be said!

Glad to see that you are still frequenting these boards, QP, and not staying in exile.

Thanks AP thumbs down

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 20:55
The funniest, well actually saddest, thing about this is those declaring that "by the law it's a red" and generally talking about how Farrell "should" have lost England that game pretty much overlooking the fact that England were largely in touch because of Farrell. Add in that many of the same people are talking about how limited Farrell is in attack whilst conveniently omitting that there were try-opportunities out there and they were by-and-large butchered by those exciting and talented attacking Wasps players ... ho-hum.

Roger G (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 21:23
It strikes me that 5 years ago it would've been included in a "brilliant hits" compilation on YouTube. Which reminds me...it's about time this was aired again...

Ouch!

AlanE (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 05:55
Quote:
SarrieSaint
The funniest, well actually saddest, thing about this is those declaring that "by the law it's a red" and generally talking about how Farrell "should" have lost England that game pretty much overlooking the fact that England were largely in touch because of Farrell. Add in that many of the same people are talking about how limited Farrell is in attack whilst conveniently omitting that there were try-opportunities out there and they were by-and-large butchered by those exciting and talented attacking Wasps players ... ho-hum.

It is quite hard to take the vitriol on website comment sections and forums generally; this one is by and large an honourable exception.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 16:24
Quote:
SarrieSaint

That England should have lost has nothing to do with Farrell. They should have lost because they should have been twenty down by half time, maybe more given the fact that we got stuffed on their maul repeatedly abd committed offence after offence. Itoje went and could have gone earlier and been joined by at least one more. The fabled Saracens lineout disruptors must have gone the same way as the talented Wasps players butchering those tries, because they don't play like that for their club.

If you come on the Wasps board you will find a fair few people who will tell you Daly is not a full back, whilst Shields has played for us twice and probably should be given time to acclimatise in club rugby. That is the point, that Eddie doesn't get the club level performances after a while, which is why the knives are out.

None of that alters the fact that England are more limited/pragmatic with Farrell at ten rather than twelve than they would be with Cipriani or Ford. It is not a criticism of Farrell to say so any more than it would have been a criticism, say, of Ronan O Gara when discussing him and Humphries or whoever. More limited is not a criticism if you take the implication that more limited means the style the team adopts as a consequence of selection rather than a deficiency in the player....

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 20:25
Quote:
westwaleswasp
The fabled Saracens lineout disruptors must have gone the same way as the talented Wasps players butchering those tries, because they don't play like that for their club.
Except ofc that a major reason for the overthrows was that Englands lineout competed early on putting up jumpers at 2 and 4 and effectively forcing a long throw. Kruis spoilt ball throughout the game including pinching at least one. On a couple of the lineouts that were long England didn't compete but SA were obviously concerned about it enough to still go long that shows the value of aggressive lineout defense.

Quote:
westwaleswasp
If you come on the Wasps board you will find a fair few people who will tell you Daly is not a full back ...
His performance under the high ball was a surprise but I'd also credit SA with great kicking and chasing. His tunnel vision in attack has nothing to do with being played at FB for me and everything to do with where he is right now as a player, struggling slightly with form and trying to make a difference himself rather than thinking in terms of the team obviously IMO.

There are lots of great posters on the Wasps board and I always enjoy how balanced your posts in particular are I think I'd just had enough of hearing how limited Farrells attack is especially when he'd helped create a number of positions of multi-phase ball where we had three opportunities between a walk in and a strong chance.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 23:16
Fair enough. He played pretty well. I think Daly is there for the boot factor from long range, I doubt Eddie had the long term aim of putting him there....

King Zak (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 22:37
Quote:
westwaleswasp
Fair enough. He played pretty well. I think Daly is there for the boot factor from long range, I doubt Eddie had the long term aim of putting him there....

I’m sure you’re right about the kicking option he offers. Assuming Watson returns at 15 when fit, where does Daly then play?

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

JO'G (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:55
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
westwaleswasp
The fabled Saracens lineout disruptors must have gone the same way as the talented Wasps players butchering those tries, because they don't play like that for their club.
Except ofc that a major reason for the overthrows was that Englands lineout competed early on putting up jumpers at 2 and 4 and effectively forcing a long throw. Kruis spoilt ball throughout the game including pinching at least one. On a couple of the lineouts that were long England didn't compete but SA were obviously concerned about it enough to still go long that shows the value of aggressive lineout defense.

Big Jim in his podcast thought that the Kritojie influence was the critical factor in the lineout. As those 2 were making it a contest in the middle the decision was to go to the back where the big SA second row was deemed unlikely by England to get the ball as he could not be lifted too high because of the weight. Bit like trying to get Skelton to jump.

As a result the throw was the correct height for a decent jumper at the back, its just the jumper didn't get up high enough

John Tee (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 18:06
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
westwaleswasp

I’m sure you’re right about the kicking option he offers. Assuming Watson returns at 15 when fit, where does Daly then play?

He doesn't have form to get into the team atm.
He has great skills but we aren't seeing them from him at fullback and Brown does everything that Daly currently does. You can't play a makeweigh for one kick at goal.

I don't think the problem is Daly's skillet, it is his current form.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net