rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Jack Singleton on way?
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 12:32
Rumour circulating (pod cast) that he's on way to us next season from Worcester.
Anyone heard anything?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Jack Singleton on way?
BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 14:17
Also a rumour that Eliot Daley may be if Wasps dont sort themselves out.
At first I thought that was insanity, but actually thinking aobut it - we know we have at least one retiree at the end of the season, so maybe it isn't that bonkers.

He is a game changer - and Dai Young would be nuts to let him go especially after losing Christian Wade - but imagine our back line with Daley added to the mix. It would be probably the best in the world. Flair and adaptability all over the pitch - talk about exciting.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 14:28
- It was in this weeks Rugby Paper - Neil Fissler, if anyone wants to read it.

Apparently he has a break clause in the contract he signed in September which lets him say in December if he wants to leave. Fissler says Saracens are interested (though of course we are apparently interested in every player, everywhere if you believe the press!). Still in this case it sort of rings true bells, if you know what I mean, as I could see how this might work and be pretty amazing. I've always thought Daley was one of the best things about the way Wasps play.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 14:38
Theres a thread about this on wasps site saying he could leave because of their failure to sort out decent training facilities
Im not sure he is what we need I would prefer Teo so he & Tomkins can compete for 12 shirt when Brad retires
As for Singleton looks like he would be a good addition if we could wrestle him away from Warriors smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Neville (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 14:54
Teo is too old and a bit breakable.

But we need another hooker and who wouldn't want Daley!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 15:46
Who is going so we have the cap to pay for Daley? I think this was probably an option when Liam hadn't decided whether to accept another year.

It would be great if true but not sure how we would pay for it.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 16:13
Jack Singleton yes 100%!
He's exactly the player Sarries should be after if the price is right (and I'd be surprised if he's after more than what we were paying Tolofua) incredibly talented, young and not yet close to his peak in talent or value.

Daly 100% no. Said the same of the Wasps thread he's exactly what we don't need. Overpriced, unavailable for much of the year and in a position we have two very good players already (and who knows Taylor might still play at some stage?)

Same deal for Te'o. Just no. There's a shortage of direct 12s in the Premiership so maybe that is a position to look at an SA or even better Fijian player in terms of future-proofing Brads position. I know Tompkins can play there too so he's obviously one option is Griffiths although he seems to be hampered by injury.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 17:40
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Who is going so we have the cap to pay for Daley? I think this was probably an option when Liam hadn't decided whether to accept another year.
It would be great if true but not sure how we would pay for it.

I wouldn't sign Daly unless he retires from international rugby. As for paying for him, I fear for Duncan's health and Stretts' longevity. Hence, a deal may be doable. IMHO Daly would have to accept that he has to compete with Sanjay for his place - I question whether the Englishman would relish the challenge. Then again, if he went to Exeter, he would face Hogg. Perhaps he fancies Quins...

... They don't have a fullback of any quality! winking smiley

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 18:47
I quite like Teo as there arent many crash bang wallop centres about,but accept he is 31
Who knows if Brad will do 2 more seasons as he is only a year older?
If we signed Singleton then we would benin good shape as I like the look of Wolstencroft

European champions 2016 & 2017

The Bard (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 19:40
Would be very happy with Singleton. Really disappointed the way the Tolofua situation has gone. If his throwing was even close to average hed be a nailed on international, so wed lose home when we could least afford to.
Simply dont see the numbers adding up to get Daley, a Lion and established international will want as much as anyone bar Owen, Maro and possibly Billy. Im just not convinced wed get anywhere near good value.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 19:59
There are retirees folks. I think the cap will be ok. And I think Daley could be amazing IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/11/2018 20:00 by BarnetSarrie.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 20:00
Quote:
TonyTaff
Perhaps he fancies Quins...
... They don't have a fullback of any quality! winking smiley

He'd find himself behind Morris, nevermind Brown!

Agree about Wolstencroft HS. Didn't really know anything about him but he's looked good in the couple of appearances I have caught so far.

nicsue (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 20:16
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
There are retirees folks. I think the cap will be ok. And I think Daley could be amazing IMHO.

That is how rumours start...........(Sm100)

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 08:24
I also don't see how number add up for Daly - also not entirely clear where he fits in with us. He's absolutely class, but not sure another winger/fullback/centre is what we need - especially one which will cost a small fortune.

Think a new hooker (which sounds like it might be Singleton) is number 1 priority. Apparently Luke Cowan Dickie isn't happy at Exeter.... so that would be terrific option tbh, but he probably wouldn't want to play second fiddle to JG.

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 12:40
In terms of Hookers what happened to Joe Gray? He doesnt seem to be listed in the squad

JO'G (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 13:01
was #16 for the Sale match on saturday

Adey (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 13:55
Daly for Bosch doesnt seem a bad bit of business.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 17:36
Quote:
Adey
Daly for Bosch doesnt seem a bad bit of business.

Would be a direct replacement in terms of a "long kicks at goal" option.

AP (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 20:48
Give it a year and with Jamie George and Luke Cowan Dickie, we'd be two hookers missing again in the international windows.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

The Bard (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 21:25
Quote:
JO'G
was #16 for the Sale match on saturday
And did very well too, nailing the vital line outs at the end.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 21:38
LCD spends an awful lot of time broken. If Sarries want to run a business getting broken and/or unfit players back on their feet I think the club should charge other clubs for that as a service! rather than hire them and watch them walk off once their back in shape.

JO'G (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 12:04
Quote:
SarrieSaint
LCD spends an awful lot of time broken. If Sarries want to run a business getting broken and/or unfit players back on their feet I think the club should charge other clubs for that as a service! rather than hire them and watch them walk off once their back in shape.

don't actually see why this shouldn't be in players contracts. we will pay money to fix you (instead of paying you in salary cap) - and when you are fixed you must stay at the same rate for 2 years. If you leave, then the club taking your contract pays us xxk for fixing you

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 12:13
Interesting quote from the Wuss board Team Thread:"Fingers crossed the line-out functions better as apparently we have statistically the worst line-out in Europe at 71% success rate!"

From what I've seen of him JS would be a very good signing. Does anyone know why he left our Academy? Released or chose to leave?

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 17:46
Quote:
JO'G
Quote:
SarrieSaint

don't actually see why this shouldn't be in players contracts. we will pay money to fix you (instead of paying you in salary cap) - and when you are fixed you must stay at the same rate for 2 years. If you leave, then the club taking your contract pays us xxk for fixing you

The Ridiculous Pathetic Association (RPA) might winge about that.

Restraint of trade might be alright, but who would want a player serving out a penance period reluctantly?

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

AlanE (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 18:24
Quote:
Sara'sman
From what I've seen of him JS would be a very good signing. Does anyone know why he left our Academy? Released or chose to leave?

I didn't realise he had been with us. He joined Wuss in 2016 so I suspect in our Academy he couldn't see his way past Brits, George, Spurling and Saunders. And then we announced we were signing Tolofua.

How quickly times change.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 18:35
Quote:
AlanE
I didn't realise he had been with us. He joined Wuss in 2016 so I suspect in our Academy he couldn't see his way past Brits, George, Spurling and Saunders. And then we announced we were signing Tolofua.

He joined Wuss in 2014 and was never part of our senior academy, though did play U18s. I think he left for Uni, but could be mistaken. Hes a Harpenden / Oaklands lad so it would be a return home. Good signing if it happens.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 16:54
Watched him v Quins last night.. looked decent.

More reporting on the possible move [www.rugbypass.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

AlanE (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 02:30
Quote:
Dolph42
Quote:
AlanE

He joined Wuss in 2014 and was never part of our senior academy, though did play U18s. I think he left for Uni, but could be mistaken. Hes a Harpenden / Oaklands lad so it would be a return home. Good signing if it happens.

Fair enough - thanks. Re the 2014, I was relying on Wiki (always fraught with possibilities)
- which gives his 'senior career' as '2016- '. Must have spent some time in the junior ranks. He seems to be only 22 so good prospect.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net