rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

The Rugby Paper
Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 08:29
Fissler says Skelton to stay, Singleton to sign.

Re: The Rugby Paper
Duncan96 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 09:35
With not one but two Kpokus coming along, Isekwe, Itoje and Kruis, and others, much as Skelton is great, do we need him as much as Australia clearly do?

vunipolae (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 10:22
I agree with Duncan assuming Itoje is staying. Skelton is a very good player but will likely command a high salary cap to a position we are very strong at. I'd say let isiekwe step up to third choice, kpoku to 4th keep Dom Day or another experienced player as 5th choice and either move kpoku2 to 6th of he's ready or find a championship lock.

Then redistribute Skelton's cap space to positions we are shallower, maybe loosehead prop

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 10:26
Excellent if true. Does it suggest Dave's Coaches will be on his way at seasons end with Kpokus 1 and 2 filling the void?

With Conlon and Hankin retiring our back row resources look to me to be at least one light, especially if Burger follows suit. Signing WS enables us to pick 4 locks in a squad and give more games to the still raw youngsters but I think we'll need another experienced option for International periods/injuries.

Rhodes, Wray, Vunipola; Clark, Vailanu, Earl; Reffell Christie, Nay

I'd like to see us sign Judge too - it will make it easier for VK/JF/TL to cover Loose Head if needs arise.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:37
Like others I don't get it unless we're losing Maro? even if we think Isiekwe is being looked at as a 6 and Day probably isn't being renewed it seems gilding the Lilly.

I have been a supporter of Skelton since he first got his trial and said it would take time and he's now been delivering for a while but his wage is money that feels it could be spent better elsewhere.

Singleton is great news but then I remembered he's just got on Jones radar for England. With LCD injuries and Hartley unfortunately being a head-knock away from having stop again could Sarries end up supplying two hookers as well as three locks and a partridge in a pear tree?

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:55
I think Sarasman has it right. If Nick Isiekwe and Maro Itoje weren't so often seen lurking in the back row then Skelton might be a luxury. Conlon's and Hankin's departure and Will Fraser's not that long ago either plus the probable loss of Burger make the numbers work for me.

However we do need another quality hooker before the start of next season.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 12:32
Re-sign him then screw the ARU for a transfer fee!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 12:49
Does anyone have data on Fissler's accuracy rate?

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 14:06
TRP also says Singleton was given a higher offer by Wuss.

I disagree about Skelton, I'm glad he's staying. He's better than Day, who I'd let go and replace in the squad with Kpoku. With Maro and Nick able to play blindside having 5 quality locks is fine, although I think we may bring another one in on a temporary basis because of the RWC.

I agree with Sara'sman I'd bring in another TH (maybe even another LH) - 6 props seems light especially given 4 are current internationals. I'd also bring in another backrow, assuming Burger moves on.

Elsewhere I'd like to see another SH, I'm unconvinced by Taylor and Whitley being able to step up as a competent second choice when/if Wiggy retires. Another centre could be useful given Taylor's injuries, Bosch's age and Brad not being indestructible forever. Maybe another wing too unless Strettle signs on for another year.

cwrich (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 18:30
Looked to me like we found another wing today smiling smiley

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 18:42
Quote:
cwrich
Looked to me like we found another wing today smiling smiley

Tee Hee!

We didn't, we found an outside centre who can cover wing.

Nice, but no cigar!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2018 18:45 by TonyTaff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net