rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

What A Great Performance
DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:25
Defence Defence Defence!

Re: What A Great Performance
derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:34
all the boys did very well today

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 19:53
Brad was immense. The only hard yards carrier in either set of backs, and by far the heaviest tackler amongst them. Strength of character, and a little good fortune, has seen us winning close games so far, Enya excepted. Well played to our wider squad against a similarly depleted opposition.

(Penalty try to Tiggs for me too, the 50/50 for Holmes went our way, the "ruck try" a clear penalty.)

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 19:55
Did Cole really say "that's bollocks" to the ref? If so he's lucky he didn't get his marching orders too!

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 19:59
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Did Cole really say "that's bollocks" to the ref? If so he's lucky he didn't get his marching orders too!

Yes he did... I was surprised nothing more was said aboit it... clear as anything on TV.... also injuring 2 of his own team ;-)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

The Bard (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:38
One of our best ever defensive efforts. So proud of the team today!

JO'G (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:38
As it turned out we probably could have been better off with the penalty try.

We went to q3 from almost the following play and we probably would have been fine with 14 might have even scored a try with shalk still on

london pride (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:45
Quote:
Darraghgirl

I hav'nt mentioned that, because I honestly thought I was hearing things.Im glad others have confirmed it.Barritt earlier in the game was marched back for a bit of lip, so why Dickson chose to ignore that is beyond me.He also said it again as he walked away.Dont like to see the ref getting lip like that.

Red Posts (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 21:32
Great result today. I thought Welford Road might be a step too far but again the sheer will to win saw us through. Impressive second half from Tigers but our defensive effort was outstanding. The squad has really stepped up during the Autumn internationals. Credit the coaches too. It shows faith in Max Malins to pick him again at 10 when Loz was perhaps the likely choice .Also an imaginative call to play the latter on the wing where he was deservedly man of the match.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 11:47
I also thought Brad was absolutely brilliant yesterday.

Also, shout out to big Will who again was busy, involved and got himself about for 70 minutes. Another excellent performance from (for me) our player of the season so far.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 11:55
Am I right in remembering that Earl replaced Jacko at 1/2 time? Injury?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 12:44
Quote:
1876-Fez

Another worrying concussion though I didn't see how it occurred.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 13:53
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
1876-Fez

Another worrying concussion though I didn't see how it occurred.

Probably Dan Cole (Sm22)

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 13:59
What a game! I thought Leicester were incredibly physical, but pretty naive in their attacking play. Ben Kay said as much in the commentary. On the Leicester board there are a few saying there should have been two penalty tries - IMHO probably one, but then they scored the full 7 straight after that anyway so it didnt actually make a difference in the end. To Tigers absolute credit though, most arent taking that view.

But seriously I would be so frustrated if I were Geordhan M. For Leicester not to beat us at Welford Road, with The crowd baying for Saracens blood, well over half of the Saracens squad not available through call ups or injury and down to the absolute bare bones and having to include 'relief players', with them only missing YBY, Manu, May and Ford (I think that's right - do they have anyone away with any of the other international teams?) and with a two man Leicester advantage for ten minutes of the game shows they really do need to make some changes. Yesterday wasnt about Karl Dickson bottling it as one or two Tigers and Chiefs fans have claimed - he reffed very well and it certainly cost Sarries.

But how fortunate are we that Eddie released both Mikey and Loz? Thank goodness!

I did think Nick Tompkins and Tom Woolstencroft were really excellent - and it was again great to see Joel step up. Tom and Alex Lewington were really strong signings this year, (though I am still sorry we had to lose an Academy trained winger in Nathan). It was a shame the score was so close in the last quarter that we couldnt afford to give Tom Whitely a run as well. He has really impressed me with the way he is progressing and I like to see the understanding he is building with Max.

I hope Schalk's hand is only a dislocation. Watching him get ready to take a hit after it happened made me feel a bit queasy!

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 14:48
Facebook says that Schalk has broken fingers and broken knuckles - and out for three weeks

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 15:32
THREE Weeks - with broken fingers and knuckles? These blokes are made of different material than the rest of humanity!!!!! I thought broken bones took six weeks to heal up!?

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 15:33
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
with them only missing YBY, Manu, May and Ford (I think that's right - do they have anyone away with any of the other international teams?)

Yes they were also missing the small matter of Matt Toomua and Tatafu Polota-Nau (Australia), Valentino Mapapalangi (Tonga) and Campese Ma’afu (Fiji) and are missing David Denton, Ellis Genge, Mathew Tait and Telusa Veainu to injury. (Jonah Holmes was released back to them from Wales)

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 16:14
What caused that sort of damage - was it trodden on (he didn't punch anyone(Sm123))?

AP (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 19:10
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
What caused that sort of damage - was it trodden on (he didn't punch anyone(Sm123))?

Dan Cole looked at it, I guess.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 19:19
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
with them only missing YBY, Manu, May and Ford (I think that's right - do they have anyone away with any of the other international teams?)

Yes they were also missing the small matter of Matt Toomua and Tatafu Polota-Nau (Australia), Valentino Mapapalangi (Tonga) and Campese Ma’afu (Fiji) and are missing David Denton, Ellis Genge, Mathew Tait and Telusa Veainu to injury. (Jonah Holmes was released back to them from Wales)

In which case I so look forward to a proper return game. Of course they really arent as badly off as us right now- but they are undeniably decidedly hamstrung by the internationals/injury. Geordhan is no doubt investing in the Tigers academy and integrating them! - so Tigers fans - patience. You'll be giving us a really hard time before too long. No question.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 21:31
To be fair BS I think Leicester were actually missing more International caps than Sarries. For me I'd say Sarries were missing more quality but that's subjective. They played well, credit to them for making a great game of it when Sarries went ahead in the first half.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net