rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

wasps site disappeared?
AB (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 08:58
An omen for tomorrow?

Re: wasps site disappeared?
Innings (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 10:57
IIRC, sites live from week to week on the efforts of the mods to source a regular flow of new match previews, reports and similar 'stickies'. At the moment the flow of these on this site is down to about four of us who are ready to write, however inadequately, such pieces. It would be brilliant if the folk who use this site regularly, and good pieces often get over 1,000 reads, were to try their own hands at expanding the pool of writers. Some sites struggle more than we do to get contributions, which is why their sites go down from time to time.

So, Folks, don't passively bemoan when sites go down, do your bit to help prevent it happening here. I'm sure the eds will be happy to hear from you and fit your willingness into the grand scheme.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

RossM (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:44
There is an alternative Wasps site here: onceawasp.com. I can't publish a link as it keeps opening with my account

We have been trying to get this off the ground. The interface is far superior to Sportsnetwork and it is not reliant on fortnightly articles to keep it alive. All are welcome, but you have to register to post.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:14
Quote:
RossM
There is an alternative Wasps site here: onceawasp.com. I can't publish a link as it keeps opening with my account
We have been trying to get this off the ground. The interface is far superior to Sportsnetwork and it is not reliant on fortnightly articles to keep it alive. All are welcome, but you have to register to post.

Hmmm IMHO it's a shame that supporters (Quins, Glos and maybe Wasps now) set up these sites as I quite like having them all in one place to read through and occasionally comment... but can understand if they run better than this Network.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 15:21 by 1876-Fez.

RossM (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:16
Have a look 1876 and see what you think.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:28
Not like Wasps to run away from their supporters to find a new home is it?

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:40
Quote:
samlee99

Its a supporters board, not wasps ...numpty.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 13:46
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Quote:
samlee99

It was a joke but good to see it touched a nerve even if it didn't encourage a legible response.

JO'G (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 14:00
nice to see the sense of humour on the new board is better than on the old one

(Sm161)

TOKS (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 14:07
Fortunately, as this is rugby, the number of people who go name-calling on other people's boards is mercifully low. There will always be a couple though, such is t'internet.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 15:24
RossM
Have a look 1876 and see what you think.

Is there a site for mobile phones as a bit awkward.... but otherwise looks good.

Would rather have all the teams on one site though.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2018 17:51 by 1876-Fez.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 16:47
Quote:
1876-Fez
IMHO it's a shame that supporters (Quins, Glos and maybe Wasps now) set up these sites as I quite like having them all in one place to read through and occasionally comment

Agree.

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 18:23
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Quote:
samlee99

It was a joke but good to see it touched a nerve even if it didn't encourage a legible response.

Must be one of their hybrids... Wasps Supporter but still with the etiquette of the football element.

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

RossM (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 08:27
Sorry can't help you 1876. I've never connected to the internet as I've never had a smart phone. Try and contact Vespula Vulgaris who runs it.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 14:17
Wow I'd thought I'd be back by now....they do like to vent after our matches..

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 15:13
No doubt they'll 'vent' on their new board - if they need to.(Sm124)

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 14:17
What Innings said. We need a front page article every two weeks. Many hands make light work. Please join the roster of scribes, lest the existing cadre burn out.

There was scope for jokes about Faz and Maro in there but I resisted the temptation. I've not had enough ale!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 06:59 by TonyTaff.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 16:24
Even Quins board has made a re appearance .....good to see.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

TOKS (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 13:58
Quote:
ninjafez
Wow I'd thought I'd be back by now....they do like to vent after our matches..

All JP Doyle's fault and his pre-determined negative opinion of Kieran Brookes' infinitely superior scrummaging technique apparently.

So if they get a proper referee, rather than some inexperienced newbie handling his 164th Premiership game (and countless internationals), then they should be absolutely fine.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 22:31
Quote:
TonyTaff
What Innings said. We need a front page article every two weeks. Many hands make light work. Please join the roster of scribes, lest the existing cadre burn out.
There was scope for jokes about Far and Maro in there but I resisted the temptation. I've not had enough ale!

Last time I wrote a report, we lost to saints in a semi.... Not prepared to jinx the team like that

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net