rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Maro Itoje
#wolfpack (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:33
Why is he playing? Especially with Nick back?

He played for England in all 4 internationals and with 2 back to back European games followed by a trip to Exeter coming up...

We used to play Billy every week with no rest for 80 minutes as well...

Re: Maro Itoje
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:39
i suspect Kruis back next week so Skelton & Maro may get a break prob Mako available too!

European champions 2016 & 2017

30 November, 2018 11:40
Guess it's to do with the injury to George K and Nick just coming back. Also with Burger out Rhodes can't move to 2nd row

JO'G (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 11:58
I'm not sure that Maro isn't like Alan Wynn Jones and a number of other second rows in that they seem to play better the more they play. If as seems likely Kruis and Mako are back for the 22nd - he can have 2 weeks off over Xmas

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 16:30
Mako, Barritt and Maro are the three players that I sometimes feel the club overplay (probably in that order) but they obviously have all the numbers whereas for us I guess it's just impressions based on how much they play.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 17:41
Anyone who played more than 80% of the AI minutes for England must be rested in weeks 9, 10 or 11, I believe. Pretty sure only Maro and Faz qualify from us. Id assume Maro is rested against Wuss.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 14:49
I'm with Dolph,

Maro to miss the Wuss game, (I mean you'd be daft go rest him v Exeter at Sandy park)

Our academy lads have played well and it's great to see Skelton and Isiekwe in such fine form, with Clark also available you could potentially play Rhodes in the 2nd row v Wuss

Is tough to pick a team these days! But what a headache to have

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 16:35
Too soon for a start for Kpoku seany?

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 08:04
I'd have no problems at all to see Kpoku start. Dom Day has also done absolutely fine in the last few weeks.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 09:51
Kpokus another one to add to selection headache, that's the thing so much quality and choice these days, hopefully can somehow keep the up and coming lads happy, within the next 2 or 3 years we could potentially have 4 or 5 world class second rowers

TOKS (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 13:31
The only blot on the horizon is the freezing of the salary cap, with it not even rising in line with inflation. Sooner or later, with wage inflation, maths dictates that you'll have to lose someone and if you lose someone at the top end then you might not have to lose two lower down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net