rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Selection for Cardiff
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 15:04
So now with our returning Internationals, the likes of Clark and Isiekwe back from Injury and possibly mako, it's a a bit of a dilemma in who makes the cut for selection on Sunday v Cardiff, maybe add Liam Williams, Strettle and Kruis to that list as unsure how fit they are

Potentially then:

15.Goode
14.Maitland
13.Loz
12.Barritt
11.Williams
10.Faz
9. Wiggy
8. Wray
7. Clark
6. Rhodes
5. Isiekwe
4. Itoje
3. Koch
2. George
1. Mako

Replacements
16. Tolofua
17. Titi
18. Figallo
19. Kruis
20. Earl
21. Spencer
22. Tompkins
23. Lewington

That doesn't even include the likes of
.. Billy, Burger, Gallagher, Will Skelton, Stretts, Bosch,

Insane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2018 15:51 by Seany_Boy0511.

Re: Selection for Cardiff
The Bard (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 15:17
Whats Maitland done wrong? !!

cwrich (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 15:18
Or maitland who i personally would start with Lexington on the bench for stretts. Good problems

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 15:49
There you go point proven..(Sm100) completely slipped my mind! Of course Maitland should be in the starting XV

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 16:46
I thought Gallagher did very well yesterday but am hopeful that Sarries were extra cautious with Williams because he's going to start this coming weekend. Also thought Maitland has played much better this season than last.

Are we expecting both Mako and Kruis back? I'd quite like to see Skelton in the mix as his work rate in carrying is now really good and it saps the opposition's energy having him run at them.

If everyone in Seanys list if fit I'd like:

Mako, George, Koch, Skelton, Kruis, Maro, Rhodes, Wray, Spencer, Farrell, Maitland, Barritt, Lozo, Williams, Goode

Titi, Tolofua, Figallo, Isiekwe, Earl, Wiggle, Tompkins and either Burger or Lewington depending on weather.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 17:33
Will Burger be 'fixed' by then?

PotNoodleHorn (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 22:09
Liam is unavailable for selection sad smiley

Graeme D (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 22:51
Burger will be back and hopefully starting at 7.

AP (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 23:08
Quote:
PotNoodleHorn

Is the tweak that kept him out on Saturday rather worse than was described? Rats.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 23:16
Quote:
AP
Quote:
PotNoodleHorn

Is the tweak that kept him out on Saturday rather worse than was described? Rats.

I heard after the match it was a tight hamstring. Sounds like it was worse.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 08:03
My understanding was Jamie and Maro need to miss one of the next two games. If that is right I would have thought they miss the home game and play down in Cardiff away.

jimfitz12 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 08:31
How do you know Liam is unavailable?

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 09:13
Quote:
#wolfpack
My understanding was Jamie and Maro need to miss one of the next two games. If that is right I would have thought they miss the home game and play down in Cardiff away.

Next two domestic matches, not European. Also I believe this is if you play more than 80% of minutes for England, so not sure Jamie qualifies.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 10:31
Quote:
Dolph42
Quote:
#wolfpack

Next two domestic matches, not European. Also I believe this is if you play more than 80% of minutes for England, so not sure Jamie qualifies.

Ah right.

(Maro could probably still do with a rest. I'd still give him a break this coming week: we should have more than enough without him).

sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 10:41
The i had a report which seems to suggest that Sarries are asking the likes of Itoje and George when they would prefer to have a week off so that it is planned and they can book to go away. In the article it is reported that Itoje may miss the away trip to Exeter 22nd Dec and George the trip to Sale 4th Jan.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 11:37
Quote:
sutton_sarrie
The i had a report which seems to suggest that Sarries are asking the likes of Itoje and George when they would prefer to have a week off so that it is planned and they can book to go away. In the article it is reported that Itoje may miss the away trip to Exeter 22nd Dec and George the trip to Sale 4th Jan.

If correct, what a great way to manage the players. Let them decide when is best for them (obviously needs of club come 1st).

Not knocking Chiefs but all given the Quins game off, no choice?

A great way to keep the players happy...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 12:20
I bet the Bath supporters wished they had taken a week off yesterday smiling smiley
Great player management.....I think you have to go all out for european games to try & be top two.....bit of a cushion developing now in GP,with 14 points between us & 3rd....so some players will get time off
Other thing is some experienced injured players due back so that helps a lot

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 12:27 by Highbury Saracen.

Garp285 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 13:04
Quote:
#wolfpack

(Maro could probably still do with a rest. I'd still give him a break this coming week: we should have more than enough without him).
If GK is fit I can see that happening as we'd have GK, Big Will, Nick I and then potentially Rhodes and Joel Kpoku as extra back-up. However, not sure on GK and think Will must be due a rest soon?

JO'G (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 14:02
watched about 15 minutes of the Bath Sale match when madam asked me to do some jobs. actually grateful ; was dire and supposedly got worse

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 16:19
Quote:
Garp285
Quote:
#wolfpack

If GK is fit I can see that happening as we'd have GK, Big Will, Nick I and then potentially Rhodes and Joel Kpoku as extra back-up. However, not sure on GK and think Will must be due a rest soon?

GK in the pre match interview on Saturday said hed be back in 2 weeks. So maybe back for away trip to Blues bt certainly for Exeter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 16:21 by Jim 55.

Garp285 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 17:23
Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
Garp285
Quote:
#wolfpack

GK in the pre match interview on Saturday said hed be back in 2 weeks. So maybe back for away trip to Blues bt certainly for Exeter.
Thanks Jim. I suspect we'll see Maro again this week then!

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:03
sutton_sarrie was that in the paper edition. I can't find any mention of it online. As 1876 say great management if that's the case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net