rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".


Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV


Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 14:48
Good afternoon all,

Having been elected to sit on the forum I would like to take the opportunity to engage with fellow east standers prior to our initial meet. As this point in time I do not know who from the club will be present or how the format will develop however I don't want to waste opportunities.

I have sat on panels like this before and find that going armed with constructive solutions is the best way to shape what we want to achieve. For instance moaning the beer is rubbish wont get us far, but research into local brewers prepared to come and sell their product may get a look in.

Id like to think I've already helped make a difference and take very seriously the challenge ahead. So with that in mind, please use this thread or my social media to get in touch with issues as you see them, and an outline as to how best you feel it would be addressed. That way I can be confident in asking for something armed with a good reason why.

The new stadium development is a chance to do more than we may have been able to previously and so I hope we can make some decent suggestions which enhance AzP for all visitors.

We will of course report back with progress or at least some rationale as to why things are unable to change.

Thanks in advance..

Steve

Twitter - Saracen1971 FB Steve Cummins

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 15:26
How about an appology from the club about how the impact of the way that the season ticket increase affected their belief in the club really cares about them and what they think?

Clearing the decks and all that.....

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Roger G (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 16:03
Quote:
Wayoutwest
How about an appology from the club about how the impact of the way that the season ticket increase affected their belief in the club really cares about them and what they think?
Clearing the decks and all that.....

+1

And even if it's too late to rewind on the events of the early summer, a future way of recognising fan loyalty would be good....set out in advance and honoured by the club. It doesn't have to be much, just a gesture that tells long term fans that their patronage is appreciated - e.g. I think there was one year when renewing ST holders got a free cap and pin badge, plus a previous season DVD, or something like that, and there was an early bird renewal discount for several years.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
flavman 35 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:35
I do believe that the ticket fiasco has had an effect on the atmosphere within the ground. Last season the atmosphere was the best i have know in my 15 years. Now it is quite poor

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:35
Steve - congrats on your election; I am still not sure how you are supposed to speak for all of us in the East stand, when only a small number of us are on here and maybe a few more on Facebook, but there you go!

While I think you are entirely right to focus on being constructive, I do think that the club needs to address the bad feeling of many supporters and season ticket holders on how the price rises at the end of last season were communicated; I know a goodly number of supporters who go back to the dark days at Vicarage Road and before who had previously felt that they had Saracens running through their blood - and for whom that is no longer the case. They may have renewed, or moved to a different seat - or indeed given up altogether - but the club needs to recognise the seriousness of this. How they should recognise this - whether the suggestion from WayoutWest, a discount for 2019/20 for all season ticket holders from 2017/18, or whatever - I don't know. But unless the club recognises this hurt, then the rest will not really address the big issue.

For the rest, as an East stand regular I am actually not too unhappy

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:57
Thanks so far.. point noted and I will find a way to convey your feelings (some of which I share.. I'm a season ticket holder paying much much more for the same seat) I'm also at the North End at #TheOasis for at least 2 hrs pre Kick off every home game if people want to.introduce themselves face to face...

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 22:30
Would it be possible to make the request that the Pioneers stop people who are late or who are coming back from the bar during the game coming back to there seats until there’s a break in play. Last weekend we had to stand up about 5 times to allow people past whilst the game was still being played. Surely they can wait at the bottom of the stairs until there is a line out or scrum.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 23:14
I missed the result beyond knowing that HS (who would have been excellent) missed out.

Did the East stand end up with just the one representative?

I think the most important thing is probably that a wider audience are aware that they now have a "representative" as I'm guessing for most of the East stand, SSA members and those who read this forum aside most don't have a clue.

Steve making himself available before games is a great start. Maybe if the club is serious they could run a little piece about it in the match program and introduce the reps to people that way?

My main question would be if they're still regularly falling 1500+ short a game having been sold-out much of last season will they revisit ticket prices next season? I think I know the answer but I'd quite like to have it in black and white.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 06:04
SarrieSaint "I missed the result beyond knowing that HS (who would have been excellent) missed out."

Full list.

East Stand Season Ticket Holders - Steve Cummins

South Stand Season Ticket Holders - Dean Harris

North Stand Season Ticket Holders - Brian Levin

West Lower Season Ticket Holders - Jasmine Farrant

West Upper Season Ticket Holders - Debbie Knight

Hospitality Season Ticket Holders - Gavin Jones

BAME Supporters - Denis Collen

Disabled Supporters - Helen Ellis

Local Supporters (Living in the stadium CPZ) - Steve Cracknell

Over 65s Supporters - Lesley Mayo

U25s Supporters - Emma Southam

Partner Clubs- James Degiorgio

Women’s Representative - Katherine Engler

SSA Representative - Alun Morgan

Sarries on Tour Representative - Luke Saint



SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Roger G (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 07:21
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Did the East stand end up with just the one representative?

I do find it curious that the East Stand has only one representative. The East being the biggest stand, the rep has to speak for far more people than any other member of the forum, and those people are the ones who were treated worst with the price hike.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Sully08 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 09:15
Others on the Forum are affected too as I know of at least two reps who moved out of the East stand after the re-categorisation of their ticket on the try line to gold.

The club will probably point to the near full house at the weekend as vindication but the poor attendances before that have shown they misread the demand to fill a 10k capacity for currently the best team in England.

I agree with Steve that the Forum needs to come up with solutions and not be a whinge fest. The people I know on the panel will be coming to the Forum like Steve from a constructive how to improve things too.

So, I'd like to reinforce what others say that the club should apologise to the fans affected, that while we as fans understand they were trying to maximise the income to ensure the club moves into a trading profit sooner and to sustain the current success into the longer term. But that they went too big too soon. And then for the club to offer something to season ticket holders (sitting in the recategorised seats or those that moved) in the form a number of free tickets to Premiership cup matches for example to bring some new people to see Saracens and as a small token / first step in restoring some goodwill.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Rupes (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 09:40
If there's a Q&A (it may not be allowed), then please can someone ask regarding the non-rugby operations. Specifically:

1. Was the company in charge of non-rugby related matters appointed after a pitch process, in line with good corporate governance?

2. Whilst not disclosing commercial confidences, please can someone from the club confirm that SLAs exist in the contract, as do penalties for not meeting those SLAs.

3. How do the club view the performance of this company to date, given the ticketing issues at the start of the year, and what actions did the club take to ensure that this wouldn't be repeated?

Good luck to all on the forum and congratulations on being elected, will be very interested to see what comes out of it or if it's just a lame duck (through no fault of anyone's on the forum) - give it a chance I guess.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 09:42 by Rupes.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
london pride (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 10:20
Sully08 You say that the club will probably point to a near full house at the weekend as vindication, but at this time last season there had been six full houses (or near)
I'm no expert in these things,but in my book that's a pretty good indication that attendances are down.Something that we are all aware off.No doubt somebody from the club will say that we are all mistaken, or that gates in Rugby generally are down,but this is a good old fashioned own goal.Lets hope the club admit this ,and do something positive about it.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
TOKS (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:00
Steve, congrats on being elected. I do know who you are and will say hi on Sunday if I see you.

I have one specific concern which is of a long-term nature ie. it won't come into effect until next season. I'll post it here rather than a PM in case anyone else is in the same boat (especially if they didn't know they were in the same boat).

I echo the comments above about the price rises, and especially those that say that this should be addressed in a non-confrontational, but still firm, way. My seat in E8 went from £450 to £700, and my son's 16-24 ticket from £170 to £400.

We know those numbers already. However, during the renewal process I was told that the 16-24 ticket would disappear at the end of this season and would go to the adult price, whatever that may be. Now I would seriously struggle with that and it may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Perhaps the club could be made aware of that so that they could consider a re-think.

I do think that the prices will need to be slightly reduced next year in order to get the stadium back to full. Not to 2017/18 levels but maybe somewhere in the middle.

Nice to see Debbie's name amongst the reps, she's a lovely lady. And the fact that she's a West Stand rep probably explains why I haven't seen her in the East Stand just in front of me this season!

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:06
Can somebody ask the question regarding RWC2019 and how that will impact upon Saracens as a club. Will there be a reduction in the number of games played, is the season going to start later, if we have to wait until the end of October for our players to return will there be some sort of compensation for STH's? All highly unlikely I know but to pay the full price and see the international players less then normal may upset quite a few people.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
BigBri (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 12:12
Quote:
derbyshire fan
Steve - congrats on your election; I am still not sure how you are supposed to speak for all of us in the East stand, when only a small number of us are on here and maybe a few more on Facebook, but there you go!
While I think you are entirely right to focus on being constructive, I do think that the club needs to address the bad feeling of many supporters and season ticket holders on how the price rises at the end of last season were communicated; I know a goodly number of supporters who go back to the dark days at Vicarage Road and before who had previously felt that they had Saracens running through their blood - and for whom that is no longer the case. They may have renewed, or moved to a different seat - or indeed given up altogether - but the club needs to recognise the seriousness of this. How they should recognise this - whether the suggestion from WayoutWest, a discount for 2019/20 for all season ticket holders from 2017/18, or whatever - I don't know. But unless the club recognises this hurt, then the rest will not really address the big issue.


For the rest, as an East stand regular I am actually not too unhappy


Have to agree with this point and have found myself feeling disconnected to a club I have followed since 1972 when I first started playing mini rugby at Sarries.I wrote to the club twice pouring my heart out in a disappointed rather than confrontational way. To this date I have received no reply and after much heart searching I renewed at the extortionate price of £1,040 up from £660. It has led to me finding hard to feel part of it and resentful especially as the atmosphere has diminished in E4 with being surrounded by people with freebie hospitality tickets and stumbling in 15 mins into the seats they couldn't find last Saturday. I don't enjoy the match day experience I don't like the beer and don't want to hang around long after the match anymore. People who know me know that we would be some of the last out of the bar at both VR and AP. Anyway Steve if you were to convey just half of the disappointment myself and a number of fans have felt about how this was handled it may make a difference in the future.



Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
King Zak (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Jim 55
Can somebody ask the question regarding RWC2019 and how that will impact upon Saracens as a club. Will there be a reduction in the number of games played, is the season going to start later, if we have to wait until the end of October for our players to return will there be some sort of compensation for STH's? All highly unlikely I know but to pay the full price and see the international players less then normal may upset quite a few people.

From Prem rugby site:

Gallagher Premiership Season Dates from 2019-20 onwards
2019-20

Season Starts on weekend of 21 September with the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Gallagher Premiership Rugby starts on RWC quarter-final weekend: 20 October
Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final: 20 June

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]



Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:32
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
Jim 55
Can somebody ask the question regarding RWC2019 and how that will impact upon Saracens as a club. Will there be a reduction in the number of games played, is the season going to start later, if we have to wait until the end of October for our players to return will there be some sort of compensation for STH's? All highly unlikely I know but to pay the full price and see the international players less then normal may upset quite a few people.

From Prem rugby site:

Gallagher Premiership Season Dates from 2019-20 onwards
2019-20

Season Starts on weekend of 21 September with the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Gallagher Premiership Rugby starts on RWC quarter-final weekend: 20 October
Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final: 20 June

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Quarter-final weekend?

We'll only be missing Sanjay, then winking smiley



£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Duncan96 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:56
Hi Steve
Congrats on your appointment.

Agree that it is necessary to be polite and positive but the question of the way the ticket rises were implemented and communicated needs to be addressed so that we can understand what kind of club management we are dealing with going forward.

So my question is: how do they feel it went with hindsight?

In particular:

My feeling is that a majority of supporters understand that Saracens needs to be self supporting and that losses need to be eliminated, but were the price rises implemented in the right way?

For loyal supporters could they not have been phased in over at least 2 years?

How do the management now view the communication at the time?
It basically consisted of: we are the champions, be part of the story, come and see some great rugby, here are the prices.
If the management really believes we are part of the "Saracens Family" couldn't they have treated fans more as adults, shared the thinking behind the price rises and been a little sympathetic about them?

As I say, I think its important to understand how they view the way that this was implemented with hindsight, as it will inform as to how we, as fans, will be treated going forward.

Cheers

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
LesleyM (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 18:04
I have been elected to represent over 65s. As I have had a season ticket for 20 years & sit isn the east stand I fully understand the enormous frustrations we have endured this year. Most of the issues affect us all whether we are young or old.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
JO'G (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:02
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
Jim 55
Can somebody ask the question regarding RWC2019 and how that will impact upon Saracens as a club. Will there be a reduction in the number of games played, is the season going to start later, if we have to wait until the end of October for our players to return will there be some sort of compensation for STH's? All highly unlikely I know but to pay the full price and see the international players less then normal may upset quite a few people.

From Prem rugby site:

Gallagher Premiership Season Dates from 2019-20 onwards
2019-20

Season Starts on weekend of 21 September with the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Gallagher Premiership Rugby starts on RWC quarter-final weekend: 20 October
Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final: 20 June

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Quarter-final weekend?

We'll only be missing Sanjay, then winking smiley

I thought there was a mandatory time off for all England players after their RWCup completes - or am I getting confused with the time after the Summer tours

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:09
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
Jim 55
Can somebody ask the question regarding RWC2019 and how that will impact upon Saracens as a club. Will there be a reduction in the number of games played, is the season going to start later, if we have to wait until the end of October for our players to return will there be some sort of compensation for STH's? All highly unlikely I know but to pay the full price and see the international players less then normal may upset quite a few people.

From Prem rugby site:

Gallagher Premiership Season Dates from 2019-20 onwards
2019-20

Season Starts on weekend of 21 September with the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Gallagher Premiership Rugby starts on RWC quarter-final weekend: 20 October
Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final: 20 June

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Cheers Chris, longer to stay away in ye olde caravan watching cricket then!!

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 16:58
Quote:
King Zak

Season Starts on weekend of 21 September with the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Gallagher Premiership Rugby starts on RWC quarter-final weekend: 20 October
Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final: 20 June

These dates will go some way to help ensure the new West stand is available for use (i.e seating) by the start of the season, especially if the first couple of fixtures can be arranged as away. It is of course a given that the new West stand will not be completed entirely (internally) as that will doubtless take some extra time.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
nicsue (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 17:36
Quote:
TOKS
Steve, congrats on being elected. I do know who you are and will say hi on Sunday if I see you.
I have one specific concern which is of a long-term nature ie. it won't come into effect until next season. I'll post it here rather than a PM in case anyone else is in the same boat (especially if they didn't know they were in the same boat).

I echo the comments above about the price rises, and especially those that say that this should be addressed in a non-confrontational, but still firm, way. My seat in E8 went from £450 to £700, and my son's 16-24 ticket from £170 to £400.

We know those numbers already. However, during the renewal process I was told that the 16-24 ticket would disappear at the end of this season and would go to the adult price, whatever that may be. Now I would seriously struggle with that and it may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Perhaps the club could be made aware of that so that they could consider a re-think.


We too are aware of this situation. We are a group of seven, including two in the 16-24 group and one in the old age group (not quite sure when this kicks in.) We were recategorised Silver to Gold. We decided to stay for 'one more year'. I don't think we are the only ones to make that decision, so it will be interesting to see what happens at next renewal time. The Club still has a chance to keep us, all depends what is on offer.

I am also another who emailed at the time, but got no reply.

I send this message, not to just to have a whinge, but to say that there are obviously a number of us in this situation.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Saraken (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 16:04
I would like to know why all the tables are cleared from the Olympic Bar before the final whistle.
It is as though they don't want us staying.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Roger G (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 19:58
A safety issue for the first meeting - can the club do something about the new habit of cars and coaches (especially coaches) parking up half way across the footpath on Champions way. Makes the walk away from much slower and potentially dangerous. There are double yellows all the way along so it's also illegal and irresponsible.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
BigBri (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:09
Quote:
Saraken
I would like to know why all the tables are cleared from the Olympic Bar before the final whistle.
It is as though they don't want us staying.

Good point. Also E4 was sparsely populated yesterday as I have been informed that these seats are used as freebies for the Premiership sponsors Gallagher and as this was European competition they were not used. Did not add to the atmosphere which has frankly been ruined since they priced out the supporters who were in situ.



Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Roger G (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 14:59
Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Saraken
I would like to know why all the tables are cleared from the Olympic Bar before the final whistle.
It is as though they don't want us staying.

Good point. Also E4 was sparsely populated yesterday as I have been informed that these seats are used as freebies for the Premiership sponsors Gallagher and as this was European competition they were not used. Did not add to the atmosphere which has frankly been ruined since they priced out the supporters who were in situ.

That would explain how the club (kindly I might add) were able to upgrade my group for the day as it was my better half's birthday. We were mostly surrounded by Cardiff supporters.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
london pride (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 17:43
Just read that the attendance for the Cardiff game was only 8,528.It wasn't announced during the game (Can't think why) I would love to know
1.Why do the club think attendances are down so much this season compared to previous years?
2.What do the club intend to do about it.? (Their answer can't be to put some prices up by 45%,they have tried that,it didn't work)

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 17:51
Loads of Cardiff fans were pished off with our prices, but those who attended are reported to have been polite.

Those who are less well off (I used to be one!), will be at Cardiff. I shall be sitting amongst them, with my English wife. I do hope the lower classes will be similarly polite winking smiley



£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 18:32 by TonyTaff.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Garp285 (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 18:48
Quote:
london pride
Just read that the attendance for the Cardiff game was only 8,528.It wasn't announced during the game (Can't think why) I would love to know
1.Why do the club think attendances are down so much this season compared to previous years?
2.What do the club intend to do about it.? (Their answer can't be to put some prices up by 45%,they have tried that,it didn't work)
The thing is LP, unfortunately for us, is whether or not revenue is down - I suspect that is all the powers that be care about at this moment in time! It's such a shame as last season the atmosphere was just getting there and regularly a full house.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
McSaracens (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 19:53
I would like to know why the club seems to have gone backwards on their ticketing website? Booking tickets for knockout games and/or Wembley used to be easy. Now for the Olympic Stadium you can’t select your seats and at the same time have to wait in a queue on the phone.



“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Waldo (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 20:02
Quote:
McSaracens
I would like to know why the club seems to have gone backwards on their ticketing website? Booking tickets for knockout games and/or Wembley used to be easy. Now for the Olympic Stadium you can’t select your seats and at the same time have to wait in a queue on the phone.

Worked OK for me.

You let it auto allocate seats and then when you go to "complete purchase" there is an option to choose seats and you can change before you pay .

Actually there is a West Ham season tkt holder in the office who commented on how much better it was than the online West Ham ticketing !

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Paulr58 (IP Logged)
11 December, 2018 13:42
Sadly again there were many empty seats in the east stand, this can only be due to the huge price increase this season. Its so sad to see after last season when most of the home games were sold out completely and the atmosphere was outstanding.
Please can this be pressed hard at the fans forum meeting. Also about the amount of standing people taking these empty seats once the game has started once nobody has taken the seats, this needs to be addressed quickly as the gold season ticket holders around us are thinking of doing the same thing next year, and who could blame them.
Finally please can you ask about the ticket prices for next year and whether there will be any incentive to long standing season ticket holders?

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
11 December, 2018 17:33
Quote:
Paulr58
Sadly again there were many empty seats in the east stand, this can only be due to the huge price increase this season. Its so sad to see after last season when most of the home games were sold out completely and the atmosphere was outstanding.
Please can this be pressed hard at the fans forum meeting. Also about the amount of standing people taking these empty seats once the game has started once nobody has taken the seats, this needs to be addressed quickly as the gold season ticket holders around us are thinking of doing the same thing next year, and who could blame them.
Finally please can you ask about the ticket prices for next year and whether there will be any incentive to long standing season ticket holders?
k
Incentives or of course any further increases!

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 08:13
Good morning all. A very constructive 2 hours last night with 14 attending and 7 from the club including Tim Hunt and Mitesh.

Full minutes will be published once agreed so I won't try and regurgitate it all here but rest assured I stressed in the strongest terms the dissatisfaction at last year's issues, the need to deal with that before the launch of any new packages and the deep disappointment still felt.

I also suggested remedies. Which I feel would go some way towards drawing a line in the sand.

Main topics were west stand. Match day and future ticketing as well as transport retail and refreshments.

A link will be created to contact us directly via the website and once again I will be at the SSAs matchday area being the North stand here or on social media.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
BigBri (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 13:12
Thanks Steve it was important that they realise the strength of feeling and will be interested to hear suggested remedies.



Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 14:24
Quote:
BigBri
Thanks Steve it was important that they realise the strength of feeling and will be interested to hear suggested remedies.

I suggested a written apology, not full of business platitudes but one which goes some way to restoring the sense of belonging to the fans affected. A meaningful gesture such as a complimentary ticket to everyone affected to a semi or quarter final at AzP, a generous early bird renewal discount and if AzP is to go contactless, then use the season ticket as a payment card which will allow STH a discount at point of sale rather than accumulated loyalty points which are tricky to spend. This will also allow promotional discounts, happy hours and reward those who do turn up week after week.

I also suggested the removal of the print at home fee, and the charge for a new card each season as little things like that just hacks people off.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
maynas (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 18:06
Where in the East stand do you sit Steve?

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
maynas (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 18:11
Quote:
LesleyM
I have been elected to represent over 65s. As I have had a season ticket for 20 years & sit isn the east stand I fully understand the enormous frustrations we have endured this year. Most of the issues affect us all whether we are young or old.

Is there any benefit at all for over 65s? If so I’ve mmissed it. Unlike at Wasps where I found you get a discount when Sarries went last year.

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
saracen1971 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 18:57
Quote:
maynas
Where in the East stand do you sit Steve?

E2 're classified from silver to gold myself. Row V

 
Re: Fans Forum 1st Meeting - 11th Dec
Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 08:13
Quote:
maynas
Is there any benefit at all for over 65s? If so I’ve mmissed it. Unlike at Wasps where I found you get a discount when Sarries went last year.

I think it varies by ticket category. No concessions in Gold or Platinum, but there are in Bronze and Silver.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2018 08:14 by Harrow Sarrie.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?