rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE DOUBLE
PREMIERSHIP & EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 34:37 SARACENS
Next:
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: Elliot Daly to Saracens?
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 14:40
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Hymenoptera
This makes no sense and def not worth an emoji.
Try better next time, if there has to be a next time.

Whoa! There's a precious response to a very mild bit of banter. I wonder was it the Swaps bit or the brand bit that pushed your buttons? Just to be clear I neither seek nor require your approval for use of emojis...... (Sm14)

You didn't press any buttons, it just didn't work mate and I was letting you know for next time.

Just to be clear, i wasn't offering approval on use of emoji.

Relax, its just a mild bit of banter.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 14:55
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
samlee99

So good to hear that your club's past indiscretions are still worrying you.

As they would anyone with any decency.
what looks more silly, my fez or your tin foil hat?

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Mark McCafferty's truth certainly hurt you, didn't it, little man

Welcome to the internet, folks. Where people can spout their own ideas and theories from the safety of their own homes (or nastily smelling bedrooms in this case).

The truth, whereby whichever team this muppet supports just wasn't as good, is conveniently ignored. It's far more palatable to proclaim that the only reason your Corinthian spirited team lost was because someone else cheated.

Yawn.

Now back on topic to the Daly business.

Well I wasn't going to post again (for a while) but you want to continue it so here we go again. (Those still hurting from the truth can blame the unpleasant and abusive TOKS).

And of course Saracens made "compensation" payments for no good reason at all.

Amazing what "compensation" payments can hide isn't it?

All together now "tarnished trophies, tarnished trophies ............ and always will be".

Good to see the truth still hurts.

17 January, 2019 15:49
If it's true maybe small and his team think they can make it work with coaching. Dai Young and his team are without doubt fine coaches but we do have precedents. AG moved from standoff to FB, Alex Lozowski from standoff to center and Maro, primarily a 2nd row in the academy & U20 set up has easily transitioned to blindside. Maybe they see something i clearly can't.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 16:30
Quote:
Hymenoptera
You didn't press any buttons.
Just to be clear, i wasn't offering approval on use of emoji.

Oh I think it did. Glad you're not offering approval though as I've already told you it's irrelevant. Never mind all over now.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 16:34
Whatever the outcome of any potential move of Elliot Daly to Saracens, you can be fairly confident that it has nothing whatever to do with the departure of Goodey. If you follow him on social media he has made it abundantly and crystal clear that he's not going anywhere. Of course it's possible that could change in the future, but for now you can rest easy in the knowledge that he's more than happy at Sarries.

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2019 16:59
That's very good to hear.

No idea how he does what he does - you see him run into a mass of bodies, and then pop out in the the clear the other side.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
18 January, 2019 11:45
Quote:
Ricardo121
That's very good to hear.

No idea how he does what he does - you see him run into a mass of bodies, and then pop out in the the clear the other side.

He has the intellect to assess the positioning of defenders and to work out how to create a gap; he also has the ability then to execute the swerves and side-steps to execute. He's also pretty good under the high ball.

I'm with Zak, the next best fullback is the bloke who played there in all Lions tests.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

TOKS (IP Logged)
18 January, 2019 12:37
Quote:
GazzaFez
Whatever the outcome of any potential move of Elliot Daly to Saracens, you can be fairly confident that it has nothing whatever to do with the departure of Goodey. If you follow him on social media he has made it abundantly and crystal clear that he's not going anywhere. Of course it's possible that could change in the future, but for now you can rest easy in the knowledge that he's more than happy at Sarries.

And the few very polished punditry performances (no alliteration intended) he's made on BT Sport show that he probably has the phase of his career post rugby mapped out as well.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
18 January, 2019 23:21
Intelligent, well spoken, spends time off building schools in Africa. Plenty to be in awe of, seems to be doing him down a bit of you think the best he'll do post rugby is argue with the Leicester lip!

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 09:38
Only The Mail on Line... but..
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Yogz (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 10:17
Before the 6 nations they say....I guess they want to have him focused on the Ireland game, rather than thinking about his transfer talk...
Just have to wait and see...although it does sound like the deal is basically done.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 11:57
Someone on a Wasps board put it well. They'd have wanted the club to fight to retain Daly in 2017/18 form but have no issue with Daly of 2018/19 being let go.

Sounds like it's a done deal so I hope the club can get the best out of him. I think the team still change in a portacabin so I hope that his contract has been read very carefully so the next time he feels like breaking a contract that situation doesn't allow him to do so.

TOKS (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 14:29
He seems to be getting pilloried on the Wasps board for simply exercising a clause in a contract. Wasps have had plenty of opportunity to do something about the training ground situation and for whatever reason have chosen not to. In hindsight Daly must have feared this would be the case hence why he had the clause put into the contract.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 14:38
Wasps continue to sign ex-AllBlacks, and not invest in a proper training facility. They agreed this contract clause, then ignored it. Only themselves to blame. It rather resembles a sinking ship, with an attritional injury rate that can surely be linked to the lack of facilities his friends at Saracens enjoy

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 14:47
Wasps fan in peace.

If he does eventually sign for you will be for domestic and financial reasons. The training ground thing is just a convenient excuse and of course the matchday experience is way better than most teams in Europe from the stadium and environment point of view. However, money always talks loudest.

I've been watching him since he joined Wasps as a kid nicknamed "briefcase". Wasps turned him into an England and Lions player and I can only thank him for his service to our club and wish him well for the future. However, his club form has been lousy since the Lions tour and with Campagnaro and Fekitoa even better in the 13 shirt then we're probably not going to miss him as much as people think. On his day though he's one of the world's best utility backs, and I just hope those days don't come against Wasps!!

Roger G (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 15:03
Quote:
WaspieKev
Wasps fan in peace.
If he does eventually sign for you will be for domestic and financial reasons. The training ground thing is just a convenient excuse and of course the matchday experience is way better than most teams in Europe from the stadium and environment point of view. However, money always talks loudest.

Welcome Kev. You may come in peace, but I note that you make the assumption that it's about money, despite the plethora of reports saying it's not, and citing the training ground fiasco at your once and future proud club.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 16:11
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
WaspieKev
Wasps fan in peace.

Welcome Kev. You may come in peace, but I note that you make the assumption that it's about money, despite the plethora of reports saying it's not, and citing the training ground fiasco at your once and future proud club.

Hi Kev, have a listen to Matthew Tait, Ep 91 of The Rugby Dungeon Pod. Discusses lots of reasons players move, including for less money... he did to play at a successful club...give it a listen, well worth it.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

TOKS (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 16:42
Quote:
WaspieKev
Wasps fan in peace.
If he does eventually sign for you will be for domestic and financial reasons.

Absolutely. Nothing to do with winning trophies, coaching, greater international recognition (not that he needs it), better facilities (remember that last one, it may come up again).

Put a little bit more water in it next time, Kev.

TOKS (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 16:45
Maybe for our next poll, we could open it up to the whole rugby network on here, and just say:

- When a player moves do they:

a) only ever think about money?
b) think about money but also some other things?

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 16:54
Anything any of us say is pure supposition. Nothing more, nothing less. Whenever any player moves it could be for any one or more of a multitude of reasons. The only certainty we have is that none of us know - whoever the player might be.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 17:19
Dave - entirely right; at work we say that all recruitment from outside is a combination of pull factors (ie why they might want to work with you vs someone else), and push factors (why they might want to leave their current employer). Money is often both a pull factor and a push factor - but we have many recruits where money barely features; people who have been over-looked for promotion, people who like joining a well known name in the industry etc.

In rugby, only the player and perhaps their agent will know that is the mix of pull vs push, and where money (both current earnings and potential) fits in either.

BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
26 January, 2019 06:37
This post has had, at the time of this post, 33,981 views. Now I know there's a stato out there who can tell us if this is a noticeboard record? (Sm100)

LutonS (IP Logged)
26 January, 2019 11:16
Quote:
BACK TO BLACK
This post has had, at the time of this post, 33,981 views. Now I know there's a stato out there who can tell us if this is a noticeboard record? (Sm100)

Probably most of those are repeated vies like mine thinking, "has he fecking signed yet?"

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 January, 2019 15:13
I regret not having put this on the front page, so that the Sarries Foundation could get some pennies out of Sportnetwork!

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

McSaracens (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 17:25
What a performance from Daly yesterday, that is exactly willy he will be a huge asset to us.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 18:15
Quote:
McSaracens
What a performance from Daly yesterday, that is exactly willy he will be a huge asset to us.

I'm sure that willy will be a huge asset!!!!

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 18:56
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
McSaracens

I know what I see on the field but I am happy to take the coaches word for it if that's one of the reasons they're signing him!

McSaracens (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 19:03
PMSL!!

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

LutonS (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 19:45
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
McSaracens

You've not seen Maro in the showers then?

CT (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:06
Wasps have confirmed that he's leaving.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:22
Quote:
CT
Wasps have confirmed that he's leaving.

But to where (Sm100)(Sm151)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Yogz (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:22
Interesting article, especially as he says it is not due to the training ground, but just purely wanting a new challenge....

Surely it is just a matter of time before Saracens make an announcement...I have not heard any other rumours of other clubs being interested?!

Although, with him saying '...seek a new challenge next season after the World Cup', it could mean he is planning on moving abroad after the World Cup...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 16:28 by Yogz.

AlanE (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:59
Quote:
Yogz

Although, with him saying '...seek a new challenge next season after the World Cup', it could mean he is planning on moving abroad after the World Cup...

Could he play in RWC if he had joined a French club (even if not yet started with them)?
Equally, could he play as Unattached if his contract did nit start until after the RWC?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Yogz (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 17:28
Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
Yogz

Could he play in RWC if he had joined a French club (even if not yet started with them)?
Equally, could he play as Unattached if his contract did nit start until after the RWC?

That is a good point...I think if he did announce that he was moving abroad, before the World Cup, then that might jeopardise his place in the squad. Which could mean he might wait until after the World Cup, to announce which club he is planning on signing for.....alternatively, he comes out soon and states that he is signing for an English club, maybe Sarries?!?!

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:16
Why would he move abroad, he'd earn more here with the England money, still get to represent his country and still get to see his missus.

Its Sarries, everyone knows it is..

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 19:16
Its Sarries, everyone knows it is.

Who's everyone - you and your dog? For goodness sake all this speculation; only he knows what he's doing and it will be his choice. Do you ask someone else for permission to change jobs?

McSaracens (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 19:18
WELCOME TO SARACENS!

myleftboot (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 19:49
Quote:
AlanE

Didn't Dave Strettle pull out of the squad, upsetting Bomber, who had (finally) picked him in the same circumstance? That would suggest he is still be eligible. Francis and Shields were picked before moving, looks a bit like any excuse

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 20:16
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Who's everyone - you and your dog? For goodness sake all this speculation; only he knows what he's doing and it will be his choice. Do you ask someone else for permission to change jobs?

No idea what your on about, your talking like I care, he can go where he wants mate, calm down.

I'll come back and see you when it's announced: [www.instagram.com]

04 February, 2019 20:43
Please don't trouble yourself. I don't do social media, thank you.(Sm16)

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 06:22
Quote:
Hymenoptera
Quote:
tpr's headmistress

No idea what your on about, your talking like I care, he can go where he wants mate, calm down.

I'll come back and see you when it's announced: [www.instagram.com]

He looks good in black though....no yellow bits mind!!

05 February, 2019 08:51
(Sm102)

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 09:02
There were some posts on twitter last night saying he might be heading to Glos.... Apparently he has rented a house there from June. So maybe not nailed on he is coming to us...

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 10:38
After what happened to Glos last night*, I'm sure they'd appreciate all the help they can get

* I know, I know - it was the Academy team

TOKS (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 11:33
If he moved to Glos I'm pretty sure he'd need all the help he could get too.

At least that would remove "want to win things" from the To Do list.

I'm sure all will be revealed in time.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 17:25
Quote:
Hymenoptera
No idea what your on about, your talking like I care

No idea about spelling either. (Sm14)

AlanE (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 20:32
Well that's taken the Glos off it!

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 22:25
Quote:
tpr's headmistress

Ahem...worthless response after all

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 08:47
Does this mean we can all stop checking this thread for news 5 times a day?

Yogz (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 09:30
Quote:
#wolfpack
Does this mean we can all stop checking this thread for news 5 times a day?

It was fun while it lasted!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net