rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Ben Ransom
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 16:17
Congratulations on a commanding MOTM performance by Ben in Oxford's 38-16 victory today in the Varsity match!

Interestingly, the Oxford team backs coach was none other than our very own Richard Wigglesworth!

Re: Ben Ransom
duchessmalfi (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 16:21
Ben was an obvious step above nearly everyone on that pitch, commanding performance.

Coughie (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 16:30
Oxford had Robson (ex-Quins), Waldouck (ex-Wasps), and Ben. Hardly surprising Oxford won....

Yes, Ben deserved MoM.

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 21:13
My (light blue) son pointed out to his (dark blue) dad that it could all have been different if Mr Brits had started his Masters at Cambridge this season!

AlanE (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 04:38
I was there - excellent match; much better than usual. Ben was well worth the MOTM.

It's on You Tube in full if anyone wants to catch up.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

mfc (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 08:15
Firstly Ben was excellent, felt for him as he never wanted to leave us, also thought he played his best rugby in that year even knowing he was out.

Secondly cannot believe how small the crowds are now, back in the day this was a near sell out, what’s happened?

Surbiton Sarries (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 08:22
It's available on catch up TV / BBC I-player for the next few days as well.

And you can catch Nige's joke of the day "You don't call me Sir - I'm from West Wales"

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 09:26
Quote:
mfc
Secondly cannot believe how small the crowds are now, back in the day this was a near sell out, what’s happened?

It used to be a staple of the corporate jolly circuit, sadly no longer. I used to go nearly every year back in the 80's and 90's.

But more simply the cost of train fares from Oxbridge is now also probably prohibitive for many students these days.

AlanE (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 19:32
Yes - I recall in the 90s being among crowds of folk in the middle layer at Twix. 50k plus. Now the lower part is half full.

There is apparently talk of moving the match to a Saturday. Depending when Sarries are playing that would stop me going.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

The Bard (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 19:47
It sounds like Ben is doing very well for himself post-rugby and will probably earn considerably more than when he was playing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net