rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Return to Stratford........
Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 14:34
The biggest rivalry in club rugby is back!
Returning to London Stadium for the second time, Saracens will battle London rivals Harlequins on Saturday 23rd March, kick-off 15H00.

The two sides have enjoyed some fiercely contested match ups in recent years, including their meeting earlier this season when Saracens came from behind to snatch a 25-20 win over the south-west Londoners.

Set against the backdrop of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and having hosted memorable sporting moments from Super Saturday at the 2012 Olympics to the 2015 Rugby World Cup, London Stadium is the perfect stage at which to watch the next instalment of this epic rivalry unfold.

Looking ahead to the game Saracens captain Brad Barritt said: ďAs a group we always relish playing at big arenas and in big matches, so weíre delighted to be returning to London Stadium to take on Harlequins.

ďEvery time we play Quins itís a hard-fought battle and closely contested, none more so than our match at The Stoop earlier in the season.

ďItís exciting for us to take our challenge against them to such an iconic venue.Ē

With fireworks promised on the pitch and a memorable matchday experience off it this yearís showpiece fixture is shaping up to be better than ever.

The stage is set; itís time for heroes to rise.

Ticket Information
Season ticket holders can claim their tickets for Sarries vs Quins from Monday 10th December and will be informed via email when tickets are available. The game is included in the season ticket holder package but supporters must claim a paper ticket for this fixture.

Tickets will go on general sale on Wednesday 12th December.

Re: Return to Stratford........
maynas (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 14:42
Dire ground to watch rugby at. Why do they keep going to these dumps?

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 14:48
easy to get to for me,but from a viewing point of view.....awful!
There are some quite good watering holes near canal though smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

maynas (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 14:50
If its easy to get there you can go to the pub anytime, I prefer my seat at Allianz but do we ever get a say.....

Waldo (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 15:22
I'd rather we didn't go there.

I'd rather we didn't always play Quins in this "special" game

I'd rather we didn't have a special edition blue shirt marketed as "our colours" because it isn't - It is Allianz colours !!!!!

Rant Over

As you were .

LutonS (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 15:51
In other news, Spurz are still not able to give a date of moving back to White Hart lane......

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 15:58
Quote:
LutonS
In other news, Spurz are still not able to give a date of moving back to White Hart lane......

They're about to announce their first game at NWHL will be Man Utd - on Sunday 13 January I understand!

Neville (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 18:14
Oh sorry. I thought a game of Mornington crescent was being started.

Anyway.....erm......Goldhawk Road.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 18:57
Er, Arsenal? (Sm22)

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

NickL (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 20:07
With no double header this season, the club had to move a league game away from Allianz Park or we'd be stuck having to play either a European Cup quarter final or a Premiership semi somewhere else, giving up home advantage in a far more important game and having to arrange it at short notice.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 22:18
Oh NO. What a nightmare - Why would I be happy schlepping to Stratford to go to a footie stadium?

If that is the reason Nick L - then why do they not just tell us that, rather than trying to make out we should all be happy clappy about it.

Not the way to put information on this board either. Yeuch. Horrible Media spiel.
If that was someone from the club posting, then from my viewpoint - this is a message board not the Saracens website. Personal messages please and then I might actually appreciate it.(Sm20)

AP (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 08:48
Quote:
BarnetSarrie
Oh NO. What a nightmare - Why would I be happy schlepping to Stratford to go to a footie stadium?
If that is the reason Nick L - then why do they not just tell us that, rather than trying to make out we should all be happy clappy about it.

Not the way to put information on this board either. Yeuch. Horrible Media spiel.
If that was someone from the club posting, then from my viewpoint - this is a message board not the Saracens website. Personal messages please and then I might actually appreciate it.(Sm20)

If you are referring to the first post, it's a regular on this board cutting and pasting what was put on the club web site: [www.saracens.com]. I'm surprised someone as deeply connected to Saracens as you didn't notice that. Or did I miss the sarcasm smiley?

Everyone seems to have got rather grumpy here over the last few weeks - posting the same complaints that have been aired every three months for the last two years, ignoring the answers they got then which are still the same as they were then.

I think it's time I took another sabbatical from here as I just get irritated rather than informed or amused here now.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Waldo (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 09:21
Charlton Athletic.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 09:22
Don't do that AP. Always remember:

"If it wasn't for everyone else, I wouldn't be normal"

PotNoodleHorn (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 10:07
Hate the Idea,
Hate the journey,
Hate the Trip,
Hate the place,
Hate the View,
Hate the (lack of) Atmosphere,
Hare the Trip Back,
Hate the Return Journey,
Hate the whole experience.

My team, my season ticket, my venue...

Just a bit of a shoite idea...

PNH

GerryK (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 10:52
Well said PNH, my sentiments exactly-even worse than the double header

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 11:32
Quote:
PotNoodleHorn
Hate the Idea,
Hate the journey,
Hate the Trip,
Hate the place,
Hate the View,
Hare the Trip Back,
Hate the Return Journey,

PNH

Yes but there is something special happening at Stratford isn't there?

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 11:50
Quote:
AP
Quote:
BarnetSarrie

If you are referring to the first post, it's a regular on this board cutting and pasting what was put on the club web site: [www.saracens.com]. I'm surprised someone as deeply connected to Saracens as you didn't notice that. Or did I miss the sarcasm smiley?

Everyone seems to have got rather grumpy here over the last few weeks - posting the same complaints that have been aired every three months for the last two years, ignoring the answers they got then which are still the same as they were then.

I think it's time I took another sabbatical from here as I just get irritated rather than informed or amused here now.

Apologies as I hadnt realised that - as it didnt say "From the club web site" or anything similar which posts normally do. It just looked as if someone had put that there and expected us all to be happy about it - which I dont think anyone is!
For my part - Stratford was a no no last time. I was really hoping it wasnt going to be imposed on us again - and if what Nick L says about having to go somewhere else - and of course we know Wembley is unavailable for a couple of years, I was seriously hoping they would have found an alternative!

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 12:31
Itís a necessary evil sadly. We canít play all our games at Allianz Park due to tight restrictions and we wouldnít want to play another Euro quarter at Twickenham.

So if we have to move a game we might as well make a song and dance about it get the brand out there make the most of it.

I prefer this choice to Wembley or Twickenham but would have liked to have visited the New White Hart Lane especially as they have bid to host the Champions Cup final but considering thatís not going to be finished for what seems like a decade. Maybe the emirates would have been another option but I doubt Arsenal would want rugby to be played on their pitch.

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2018 15:12
Having waited a long time to announce the venue for this itís my guess the awful London Stadium was not the clubís first choice. Seems probable they were waiting to see if the new Spurs Stadium would be available.

Having had to go with the London Stadium they canít really apologise about it. They have a load of tickets to sell, and the opportunity to convert a few in the East End and Essex to the cause.

The marketing department therefore have to be upbeat about it.

So, while our hearts sink at the prospect of a return, we canít hold it against the club for bigging it up.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 09:06
Preference Allianz>Wembley>Twickenham>>Olympic
I will go as it is part of my season ticket but likely to my last year because of the stupidity over pricing and reallocation.

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 09:20
Oh great.

Hopefully they will organise another half marathon to coincide which will make it wholly inaccessible, employ the same knuckle dragging bruisers on the gates and underestimate the numbers so that all of the concessions will be dry an hour before kick off.

Our tickets will be in the nose bleed section and the rake of the steps make it a challenge for those of us with mobility issues.

I cannot put into words how thrilled I am by this announcement.

BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 14:40
Quote:
PotNoodleHorn
Hate the Idea,
Hate the journey,
Hate the Trip,
Hate the place,
Hate the View,
Hare the Trip Back,
Hate the Return Journey,

PNH

Well said PNH - I am particularly impressed by your subtle use of the English lexicon by cleverly using "Hare the trip back" instead of "Hate" to express the speed at which you will flee the venue! (Sm22)

steviebas (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 20:42
What a load of moaners you all are .
Best team in premiership ....
Great ground at Allianz ....
10 years or so ago , everyone would have jumped at the chance to fill out a big stadium for a league match , instead of about 4 to 5 thousand at Watford ....
As for the rubbish stadium and view , that everyone is banging on about , I really canít believe the negativity ..; the London Stadium is as good as any around . Why does everyone think that London premier league teams are queuing up to host one of our games .
Itís only one 1 game and this has to be away from the Allianz as has been explained .
Why donít we all get on board with it , go along with the decision and stop moaning .

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 09:08
Quote:
steviebas
Why donít we all get on board with it , go along with the decision and stop moaning .

steviebas - you are quite correct and I think every Saracen does get on board with it but we reserve the right to express our feelings/moan about it!

JO'G (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 10:07
I thought the ealry ticket pick was happening today - so a little bird said

its not though - is it the 12th they are up for grabs

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 12:02
JOG they were meant to be available from lunchtime today......but arent!!!!!

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 13:15
Quote:
steviebas
10 years or so ago , everyone would have jumped at the chance to fill out a big stadium for a league match , instead of about 4 to 5 thousand at Watford ....
As for the rubbish stadium and view , that everyone is banging on about , I really canít believe the negativity ..; the London Stadium is as good as any around . Why does everyone think that London premier league teams are queuing up to host one of our games .
Itís only one 1 game and this has to be away from the Allianz as has been explained .

You are completely right, of course, and there is a tendency to moan.

Itís a rotten stadium though and there were a few season ticket holders near me yesterday who were saying they wonít bother to go.

If only we had a Stadium as good as Dublinís Aviva in London. Fingers crossed the new Spurs one is good and we can go there in future

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 13:46
Quote:
steviebas
Itís only one 1 game and this has to be away
from the Allianz as has been explained .

Don't mind playing one home game away from AZP what I do mind is as a Silver STH I will be about 40 metres further away than at AZP....ridiculous!
It's not a stadium for rugby & it's a sh1te area!!
All STH should get best seats after all there is only 5k of us.....but it never haopens

European champions 2016 & 2017

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 13:57
Quote:
Brighty_Fez
JOG they were meant to be available from lunchtime today......but arent!!!!!

They are now!

Get your London Stadium tickets here......50% discount for extras if booked by 20th Jan 2019.

<< Quins match tickets >>

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 14:48
Quote:
Stumpy7780
Itís a necessary evil sadly. We canít play all our games at Allianz Park due to tight restrictions and we wouldnít want to play another Euro quarter at Twickenham.
So if we have to move a game we might as well make a song and dance about it get the brand out there make the most of it.

I prefer this choice to Wembley or Twickenham but would have liked to have visited the New White Hart Lane especially as they have bid to host the Champions Cup final but considering thatís not going to be finished for what seems like a decade. Maybe the emirates would have been another option but I doubt Arsenal would want rugby to be played on their pitch.

Mesut ÷zil would disappear into a divot, never to be seen again!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Neville (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 15:28
I don't mind Stratford. We live 3 miles from the stadium !

Its the schlep to AZP that's a pain and it happens to me more often than folks will have to travel to Stratford.

I know viewing is a problem but travel wise its tidy for me!

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
11 December, 2018 06:51
Great for us too - makes a change to just hop on the train from Ebbsfleet (or Faversham depending on our preference) and then walk to the stadium, meaning about about 40 minutes each way, rather than a four hour round trip from home, assuming that the M25 isn't messed up (amongst other things). OK, the stadium is not my favourite by any means and we don't have a problem with the driving to AzP (and Vicarage Road before that) but it is a nice change for us.

JO'G (IP Logged)
11 December, 2018 10:39
Quote:
villagesarrie
Great for us too - makes a change to just hop on the train from Ebbsfleet (or Faversham depending on our preference) and then walk to the stadium, meaning about about 40 minutes each way, rather than a four hour round trip from home, assuming that the M25 isn't messed up (amongst other things). OK, the stadium is not my favourite by any means and we don't have a problem with the driving to AzP (and Vicarage Road before that) but it is a nice change for us.

Surely Ebbsfleet to AZP is pretty straightforward; 20 mins to St Pancras - then swap trains 25 mins to Mill Hill, free shuttle to the ground

Thats just over the hour each way even if you have to wait up to 15 mins for the other train. Understand its more of a pain on Sunday when there are only 1/2 the trains, but that's an excellent journey with little pain on Saturday

12 December, 2018 06:39
J'OG, trains that get us to AzP for us don't work over the weekend generally as we are constrained by Mr VS's work demands - we can't bank on his being available in time for us to get the right trains at the right times so have to rely on the car for flexibility which, to be honest, is not usually a problem (and we'd still have to drive from our home to Ebbsfleet to get the train in any event or get the train from Faversham to St Pancras - 55 mins). A one off for Stratford can be accommodated if planned. We have done the calculations over the years and know the car is the only way that currently works for us! Next year when demands on his time decrease, we can rethink.....

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 07:49
Blimey this message train has morphed into a National Rail help centre (Sm161)

JO'G (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 11:23
Quote:
villagesarrie
J'OG, trains that get us to AzP for us don't work over the weekend generally as we are constrained by Mr VS's work demands - we can't bank on his being available in time for us to get the right trains at the right times so have to rely on the car for flexibility which, to be honest, is not usually a problem (and we'd still have to drive from our home to Ebbsfleet to get the train in any event or get the train from Faversham to St Pancras - 55 mins). A one off for Stratford can be accommodated if planned. We have done the calculations over the years and know the car is the only way that currently works for us! Next year when demands on his time decrease, we can rethink.....

sorry - the only reason I suggested this was because John (Dave's brother) who will be making his first away trip to Lyon in Jan makes his trip from Ebbsfleet each saturday and finds it ok

12 December, 2018 21:57
Advice much appreciated though!

nicsue (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 22:35
Quote:
steviebas

For us it is not so bad when we get there. However, it takes us longer, costs us a lot more, and for the less mobile in our party the walk is getting to the impossible stage.

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 08:23
with all the complaints about moving league games away from Allianz Park is it time the club considered moving the prem cup games out to smaller championship clubs like we did a few years ago when we played leicester (maybe) at bedford? This way freeing up the allocation for more important games to be played at home

Westrock (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 09:37
I did suggest last year using Barnet FC new ground for AW cup games 5,000 ish capacity and a short walk from Canons Park tube

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 10:24
If we are to get through to the semis and then to the final and are top seeds then both those games will be at Allianz Park per new rules of the comp. what will happen as that would put us over the 16 games a season wouldnít it?

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
13 December, 2018 11:01
interesting we sign up to a tournament that we know we cant accommodate a home semi or final in

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net