rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
NEWCASTLE HERE WE COME!!!!!!

Latest: SARACENS 32:16 MUNSTER
Next: WASPS v SARACENS
Sat 27th April, 16.30 Ricoh,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Wasps v Saracens Sat 27th April 16.15 BT Sport2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Sale v Saracens..
beshocked (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 11:45
Quote:
BACK TO BLACK
Quote:
beshocked

Farrell also committed the sin of throwing in the towel in at the end. It's about attitude and confidence- a side struggling with belief and discipline would do exactly what Farrell did.

Other sides will feed off these defeats, oh look this is how you rattle Saracens.

Big deal Saracens got the losing bonus point, should Farrell get a medal for that?

Saracens lost an easily winnable game mainly through very poor discipline and poor basic skills.

Disagreement in peace Beshocked. This was not an easily winnable game - that is disrespectful of a Sale side that are pretty well placed for a top 4 finish IMHO. As has said before Faz banked the LBP - we were throwing some "creative" long passes in an attempt to find the gap in the Sale line. we could have come away with zero. Take what you can and move on. We're off to Lyon and I hope the entertainment will be better. See many of you there! Allez Les Noirs.

I felt it was easily winnable based on what Sale offered - I felt they deserved the win but their performance wasn't outstanding, just better than the poor display from Saracens.

Disagree the quality of English clubs in Europe has been low. Sarries have just in the last few weeks have lowered their level to that of everyone else in the league.

That's the reality even Exeter have been poor in Europe.

Even in the win vs Worcester- unconvincing.

Sale offered very little in attack in that second half but Saracens ill discipline and poor basics allowed Sale the opportunity to close out the game. I felt it was more Saracens losing it than Sale creating anything of quality. Is it unfair? Perhaps but Saracens have been very flat and ordinary in the last few weeks. Even before then the performances weren't outstanding - just getting the job done.

If Saracens don't address things vs Lyon then they will be in danger of losing out to Glasgow. Up til now Saracens have put themselves in a great position- no need to squander it.

Garp285 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 11:49
Quote:
DoubleChampions
A few points imo: .........
(Trimmed for brevity!!)
Pretty much spot on DC so not just in your opinion!

Three question s for those defending Dad's captaincy so far:
Do you think he is a good captain (at this point in time)? Does he need to change his attitude towards referees? Is the captaincy affecting his all round game? In my view, no, yes and yes. WRT Q2, can/Will he change? No sign so far!
Faz is imho, the best 10 in the Prem but is currently being mis-used as the captain.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 13:01
beshocked I do think that's harsh. Sales attack (like Wuss the week before) was brilliantly executed both in that they had obviously targetted Sarries defence and the plays they ran were executed flawlessly. Legal or not the way they stopped Sarries playing in the second half also took a huge effort. I thought it was a very good performance.

JO'G (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 13:58
Agree that sale worked out the hole in Sarries defence with the switch back and the winger going through the moved gate. Also like other sides they want to get wide quickly which actually only worked because of a missed tackle by Billy

I would suggest s simple remedy is to keep Faz as the leading player making the decisions but nominate a more jovial chap to talk to the ref only. Contrast Faf joking with the ref and Faz scowling at him. Even if he tried to be even handed human nature would move you slightly one way. Even someone as unnoticibg as Mongne mentioned that sale got all the 50/50 calls

Perhaps wiggy or Billy as the conduit would be a better bet

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:36
Quote:
beshocked
Saracens lost an easily winnable game mainly through very poor discipline and poor basic skills.

Winnable? Yes. Easily? Never. Perhaps that was a rush of blood to the head, but away at Sale on a Friday night against one of the best back lines in the Premiership, you need to give them a lot more respect than that. As it happens we were undone by their forwards as well.

I agree with what you said subsequently about us winning without 'clicking' for several weeks now, but that was never going to be easy.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:43
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
beshocked

Winnable? Yes. Easily? Never. Perhaps that was a rush of blood to the head, but away at Sale on a Friday night against one of the best back lines in the Premiership, you need to give them a lot more respect than that. As it happens we were undone by their forwards as well.

I agree with what you said subsequently about us winning without 'clicking' for several weeks now, but that was never going to be easy.

From your previous posts, I thought you were of the view that Sale had little to do with the win, it was mostly all down to Carley, his total incompetence and unwillingness to agree with Farrell at every opportunity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 16:44 by Chris1850.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 16:46
Quote:
Chris1850
From your previous posts, I thought you were of the view that Sale had little to do with the win, it was mostly all down to Carley, his total incompetence and unwillingness to agree with Farrell at every opportunity?

Then I suggest you read again and this time comprehend. Carley or no Carley it would never have been easy.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:34
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Chris1850

Then I suggest you read again and this time comprehend. Carley or no Carley it would never have been easy.

I did read. Several times in fact. Hence the post!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net