rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
BOYS ON TOP!

Latest: SARACENS 33:10 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS 22nd Feb, Kingsholm 19.45 ,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens GP 19.00 Fri 22nd Feb BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

GlasgowHogg Day
BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
19 January, 2019 15:21
Unless something untoward happens are we welcoming the Warriors back to AzP for the QF?

Re: GlasgowHogg Day
JO'G (IP Logged)
19 January, 2019 18:22
I thought that Ulster were going to screw it up at half-time. But tiggers let the game slip so it's still on.

The only chance to avoid it now is if Toulouse decide to throw the game against bath. Nice position for Toulouse, getting the option of who they want to play away. Us, racing or Leinster. 3 bad choices but they can contrive their result to get the one that they want, woo hoo hoo, the one that they want

In other news exe are making a fist of it at thomond. One try away from a major upset

The Bard (IP Logged)
19 January, 2019 21:09
Thought Munster and Connor Murray in particular were very poor. Exeter looked the better team and can consider themselves unlucky. Would have preferred Ulster to Glasgow, for the sake of variety if nothing else.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2019 21:19
Quote:
The Bard
Thought Munster and Connor Murray in particular were very poor. Exeter looked the better team and can consider themselves unlucky. Would have preferred Ulster to Glasgow, for the sake of variety if nothing else.

I’m with you it would have been good to have a different opponent, will I be ‘straining at the leash’ to make the 1/4 final against Glasgow?

myleftboot (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 00:10
Ug, the seeding shouldn't allow it. We need more than another bonus point win to make it three

AB (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 09:39
Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
The Bard

I’m with you it would have been good to have a different opponent, will I be ‘straining at the leash’ to make the 1/4 final against Glasgow?

And why not? lets make it a hat trick against them and even better result- even better than the drubbing we inflicted on them in last quarter final.

AP (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 10:41
If Toulouse beat Bath with a BP and Leinster beat Wasps, then I think the QFs are:

Saracens v Glasgow
Racing v Ulster
Leinster v Toulouse
Edinburgh v Munster

The first three are all repeats from the pool stages.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

boomer! (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 14:10
Quote:
AP
If Toulouse beat Bath with a BP and Leinster beat Wasps, then I think the QFs are:
Saracens v Glasgow
Racing v Ulster
Leinster v Toulouse
Edinburgh v Munster

The first three are all repeats from the pool stages.

To at least offer the chance of variety, maybe EC need to rethink the 1-8, 2-7 etc setup for the QF pool Maybe they shoud be seeded 1-4 and then the 5-8 been drawn out of a hat.

JO'G (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 14:46
I think that if I'm Toulouse I would be doing all I could to avoid getting s bonus point today.
They know exactly what they will get in Dublin so a quarter final in Paris looks a much better option. Not least because the majority of their supporters will be able to get to it, with Dublin expensive and tricky. They can do Paris by coach in a day

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 16:49
17 to go, Bath only 7 behind... could they save Glasgow from another trip to AzP

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 16:58
All going to plan for Toulouse. If they lose they play us. TBP win and it's away to Leinster. Neither would be very appealing to Toulouse.

So 30 minutes into the second half Toulouse lead 20-10 with only 2 tries. No hint of collusion either! smiling smiley

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:02
Squeaky bum time for Toulouse! 20-17 with 5 minutes to go!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:07
Full time 20-17 so Glasgow confirmed.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:13
So Munster or Edinburgh IF we beat Glasgow..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:16
Cant complain at the way that has worked out, every chance of reaching the final.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:20
Bit of a shame that so many QFs will be repeats of group games but well done Sarries anyway.

chinjy (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:41
IF we beat Glasgow, would we go back to the MadStad for the semi? Counting chickens I know....

paulglynn (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 17:45
Quote:
chinjy
IF we beat Glasgow, would we go back to the MadStad for the semi? Counting chickens I know....
only if Edinburgh win or Twickenham if Munster win

Garp285 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 19:12
Or the new White Hart Lane!!!!!!! Ah forgot, we need to play this decade ;-)

vunipolae (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 20:12
I think they'd want to avoid twix/Wembley/Olympic stadium. The club's get no control of ticket sale strategy and have had issues with half empty stadia before. Doubt spurs will ever want rugby played at WHL as the plastic pitch isn't big enough so we'd have to use their grass. I'd think the madejski or stadium mk would be at tje top of the list

chris87 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 20:41
Quote:
vunipolae
Doubt spurs will ever want rugby played at WHL as the plastic pitch isn't big enough so we'd have to use their grass.

There was very strong rumours from Spurs fans that NWHL have/are going to bid to hold the Champions Cup final. Also when I ordered my London Stadium Ticket I asked them if it was going to held at NWHL originally and was told they "couldn't say".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2019 20:47 by chris87.

colinmiddx (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 21:24
European Rugby has also been played at the Riccho.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 21:32
Quote:
colinmiddx
European Rugby has also been played at the Riccho.

On occasions included Wasps!!!

Sorry - only a larf!!! No offence meant.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 22:26
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Bit of a shame that so many QFs will be repeats of group games but well done Sarries anyway.

So many? What have I missed?

I understood the quarter finals to be as follows:
Edinburgh (group 5) v Munster (group 2)
Leinster (group 1) v Ulster (group 4)
Racing 92 (group 4) v Toulouse (group 1)
Saracens (group 3) v Glasgow (group 3)

Isn't it just our game that's a repeat of the group stages?

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
20 January, 2019 22:29
looked as though three matches would've been against group opponents earlier Phil

European champions 2016 & 2017

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 15:04
Thanks HS, that was indeed my mistake!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 08:18
The challenge cup has 3 pool stage repeats in the QFs

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 10:05
Well worth having a look on the Warriors site if you appreciate positive feedback; it's not just us who value our Pioneers. After the last QF I read c120 comments complementing the AP setup and stating what a fabulous day they'd had - heart warming especially considering the result.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 10:50
The Pioneers are excellent ambassadors for the Club, especially when you consider some of the po-faced stewards you meet elsewhere (Wembley anyone?).

JO'G (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 12:11
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
The Pioneers are excellent ambassadors for the Club, especially when you consider some of the po-faced stewards you meet elsewhere (Wembley anyone?).

Northampton anyone ; fixed it for you

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 12:13
Well I didn't want to start a tin hat episode ... (Sm138)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net