rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
INTO THE FINAL!

Latest: WORCESTER WARRIORS 22:38 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS V LEICESTER TIGERS 16th Feb, Allianz 15.00 ,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers GP 14.30 sat 16th Feb BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Transfer rumours
Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 11:08
This week in Fissler Files:

Sarries look to sign:
a. Jordy Reid from Ealing Trailfinders (Aussie flanker) to replace Sione Vailanu (off to Wasps)
b. a tight head on loan in time for Tiggers in 2 weeks (but unlikely to be able to get Judge back)

Re: Transfer rumours
scrappydoo (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 11:57
Just an outside thought. Would signing Ben Young's be a good move. Tiger fans moaning that he can't do it for them but can for England. The overwhelming conclusion is the quality of the forwards playing in front of him for Tigers and England being the probable reason for the difference.

The Bard (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 13:20
Does the tighthead rumour imply Chippy still isnít fit? Surely we have Vince and Titi available during the 6N

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 13:36
Quote:
The Bard
Does the tighthead rumour imply Chippy still isnít fit? Surely we have Vince and Titi available during the 6N

Is Titi in the USA squad? They play Argentina next week with more to follow.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 15:06
Would be disappointed to see Vailanu let go. Don't really get why he's not been given a run at least in the 23 for the main squad but obviously the coaches see something he's missing?

Neville (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 17:03
He can't catch!

McSaracens (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 19:24
[youtu.be]

Highlights of the Aussie flanker here

ďI believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.Ē - Nils Mordt

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 19:48
Quote:
Neville
He can't catch!

Spot on. Poor control at the base as well as AWOL in defence. An eyecatcher, but not a top Premiership player.

Nowhere to post this and not worthy of its own thread so here will have to do. I watched a physical Carnegie team do a decent imitation of England on the Blues this afternoon. Half time sub for the visitors was a certain Lee Dickson. He hasn't improved! If you'd like another chuckle have a read of the Teams up thread on the Yorkshire board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 19:50 by Sara'sman.

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:09
Quote:
McSaracens
https://youtu.be/hg3JjAv6KwM
Highlights of the Aussie flanker here

Watching the video I can understand why the club would be interested in signing him.

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:22
A real shame about (if true) about Sione Vailanu - he seems to bring a great amount of energy to the team, and I felt for Worcester on Friday when he and Big Will came on at about the same time!

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:33
I thought Vailanu was under contract till 2020?
I do hope wasps haven't tapped him up! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 17:53
With Mako's injury our props on both sides are looking a bit threadbare once you are past the starters. Some big games coming up....

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 18:26
With the coaches seemingly reluctant to trust the clubs depth at LH (how often does Mako do 70 minutes?) maybe there were other ways the Daly money could have been spent?

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 19:04
Anybody else concerned with the rumoured salary cap investigation?

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 19:48
Quote:
SarrieSaint
With the coaches seemingly reluctant to trust the clubs depth at LH (how often does Mako do 70 minutes?) maybe there were other ways the Daly money could have been spent?

Stop it...........

myleftboot (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 21:33
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Harlequins

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 21:36
Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Harlequins

Samlee99!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

12 February, 2019 21:48
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Harlequins

Samlee99!!

Take that as a no then - ha ha

Waldo (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 06:41
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Harlequins

Samlee99!!

Take that as a no then - ha ha

No point being concerned - it is what it is.

If it's found there is no case to answer the keyboard warriors won't believe it anyway.

If there are irregularities then they rightly need to be dealt with (and samlee will need more tissues ! )

Barty II (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 11:17
I'll be honest, if we have broken rules / bent rules / toed the line with rules, it wouldn't be a sudden shock to us all surely?

But, the comments of our star players being paid slightly less because they're enjoying their rugby and success and wouldn't necessarily take a payrise elsewhere (or even a cut to be here) I think are completely valid, so I would be equally as unsurprised if it was found we have no case to answer, as I would if we do have one.

Only reason I'm worried is I'm not sure how I would feel in the event that we're found guilty of something. Can't say I'd enjoy the hypocrisy from the "honesty, humility etc." mantra or the increased amount of bile we'd rightly get from other clubs fans.

I have a family history with Saracens going back to the 50s so don't think I'd be able to wash my hands of it and walk away, but certainly wouldn't be much fun. That's the only reason I worry a bit!

13 February, 2019 12:34
Quote:
Barty II
I'll be honest, if we have broken rules / bent rules / toed the line with rules, it wouldn't be a sudden shock to us all surely?
But, the comments of our star players being paid slightly less because they're enjoying their rugby and success and wouldn't necessarily take a payrise elsewhere (or even a cut to be here) I think are completely valid, so I would be equally as unsurprised if it was found we have no case to answer, as I would if we do have one.

Only reason I'm worried is I'm not sure how I would feel in the event that we're found guilty of something. Can't say I'd enjoy the hypocrisy from the "honesty, humility etc." mantra or the increased amount of bile we'd rightly get from other clubs fans.

I have a family history with Saracens going back to the 50s so don't think I'd be able to wash my hands of it and walk away, but certainly wouldn't be much fun. That's the only reason I worry a bit!

I agree Barty - having watched at Bramley as a child growing up it would be uncomfortable to say the least.

My concern is if are found to be in breach I do not think that the other clubs would be so compliant as to help us again (if last time was required) - their fan bases and CVC would not stomach it - letís face it our fan base would find it difficult if not impossible!

Here is hoping that we are just a tremendously run club (on the playing side at least!) and we put the others to shame as opposed to ourselves.

Rif (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 12:41
Fissler absolutely on the money again...we've re-signed Judge.

"My kicking coach tells me to imagine I am on the beach and that's what I did. I tried to be as relaxed as possible because we had the wind in our face and I didn't want to force it." - Marcelo Bosch, 06/04/15

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 14:46
Yes, spot on (cough)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net