rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
BOYS ON TOP!

Latest: SARACENS 33:10 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS 22nd Feb, Kingsholm 19.45 ,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens GP 19.00 Fri 22nd Feb BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Semi @ Wuss
Foxtrot Echo Zulu (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:15
Quote:
maynas
Anyone know where the final will be played, the Premiership Rugby Cup website is rather quiet on the issue? In the past like our final 4 years ago it was a neutral ground but not sure this year

Final to be staged at the home ground of the highest seeded team
Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:18
change this year, the final is played at the highest ranked team of the 4 so if sarries win we will go to either newcastle or saints and if wuss win they will be at home for it

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:25
Not at all straightforward is it?

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:56
So we won more games and finished with more points (not losing a game) than either Newcastle or saints but we are the lower seed. You have to laugh....

Got to get through tonight first....

ninjafez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 17:56
Quote:
Wayoutwest
So we won more games and finished with more points (not losing a game) than either Newcastle or saints but we are the lower seed. You have to laugh....

Well without wanting to sound pedantic, it's a group/div structure and not a league so doesn't really matter what points the other groups did you have to win your group for top seeding...

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 20:38
HT
Wuss 3 - 18 Sarries

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:02
8 - 21 now.

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:05
Now
8 - 24

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:08
15 - 24

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:08
Oops Wuss try 15 - 24. No idea how long to go.

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:10
Abt 20 mins

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:11
Battering ram = Will Skelton, commentators words. Feeds/creates try for Malins. 19 mins to go.15 - 31.

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:11
15 - 31

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:14
Blimey Jim, you're quick.

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:17
15 - 36

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:18
15 - 38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 21:20 by Boxer.

McSaracens (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:18
Great performance from Saracens, an absolute demolition thus far and the 15 points is flattering to Worcester.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:22
Quote:
Boxer
15 - 387

Crikey I only went to get some wine from the fridge (Sm152)

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:39
FT
22 - 38

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:40
22 - 38. Final, hopefully just the first one, somewhere, Sunday 17th March.

The Bard (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:43
Really solid performance, excellent defence throughout and good set piece. A couple of cracking tries to finish it off

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:57
Given the relative strengths of the teams I thought Wuss did well including not giving up and scoring a try in the last play.

Scrum very solid. Seeing what Tolofua brings when he comes on makes me sad that he's offski yet at the same time Woolstencroft was very good. The whole backrow played well at the breakdown and Reffell worked his part in a set move for the Malins try beautifully. Whitely a mix of very good and not very good and his box kicking is so laboured that even with extending the ruck length he gets charged down. Taylor came on and added tempo. As mentioned above Skelton coming on was the rugby equivalent of an eclipse happening. All in all very positive.

Sarries will likely face a near GP strength team against either Northampton or Falcons in the final so will need to go up a gear for that.

Boxer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:06
How is the venue for the final decided?

london pride (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:10
Quote:
Boxer
How is the venue for the final decided?

At the home ground of the highest seeded finalist.Either Northampton or Newcasle who play tommorow.Good old RFU nothing simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 22:12 by london pride.

alas (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:20
Quote:
Wayoutwest

You won the same number of group games as Saints and Falcons and got to play Worcester reserves twice whereas they played their first team in the other games. That's not too tough a deal. Do you know a cup in which a group runner-up is seeded higher than a group winner?

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:23
Preferably Saints, they visit Tigers on the following Friday (then Clermont) whilst we host Quins on the Saturday. Both sides are likely to field very few from their First XV - I hope!

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:28
Sara'sman they're fielding pretty much their Premiership 23 minus Internationals tomorrow.

Given it's Northamptons only chance of silverware this season I think there's a high chance that's exactly what you'll see come the final if they make it.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:32
Wouldn't expect any less from Stains. They loaded an A League team with first teamers to win that title one year if I recall correctly

The Bard (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:51
Another good performance from Mr Ridley I thought, pretty clear in his instructions and general communication.
It was quite amusing watching the Wuss second row protest after being pinged for not rolling away in the first half. Probably the most batant case Ive seen for years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 22:54 by The Bard.

08 February, 2019 22:52
Well I'll be cheering for Falcons tomorrow, would have to wash my mouth out with soap if I did anything else.

Hope we trust the same team as today in the final, they deserve their shot whoever they play.

Underdog (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 00:03
Hats off to your lot. I thought the team looked as beatable as anything you ever put out, but they were defensively superb and had enough ability to punish our defence when necessary.

The thing I thought was really impressive was that despite being a B/C team, they still had that unmistakable Saracens look to their play. Our guys didn't really get going until after half time. Too late by then. I think you may have decided a few contract decisions for our wider squad one way or the other.

I imagine this won't be your last final this season. Best of luck in this one, and any others.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 07:43
I did feel our new schoolboy ref was very promising indeed - Id have been happy with him as a GP ref

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

The Bard (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 08:19
Weve had him in the premiership already, if Im not mistaken he did the home game against Wuss!

BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 08:23
Watching on BT Sport last night they seemed to infer that the winners of Saints vs Falcons got the final venue so FG or ooop North. Can't understand why though.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 09:10
Quote:
Squawker2
I did feel our new schoolboy ref was very promising indeed - Id have been happy with him as a GP ref
Yes, he was very good. Wife kept commenting on his physique, so everyone's happy?!!

paulglynn (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 11:05
Quote:
BACK TO BLACK
Watching on BT Sport last night they seemed to infer that the winners of Saints vs Falcons got the final venue so FG or ooop North. Can't understand why though.
the highest ranking team gets the home game

Garp285 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 11:43
Quote:
paulglynn
Quote:
BACK TO BLACK
the highest ranking team gets the home game
Apologies, but I can't see why everyone's struggling with this. It's basically the same as ECC - position in group determines your seeding. Highest seed gets home advantage. Not ideal for the final but probably the best way of guaranteeing a big crowd.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 12:54
Looks like it will be Falcons in the final. The score was 0-21 after 15 minutes!

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 13:00
However, Saints have woken up 21-28!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 13:10
Wow! Just seen that HT score. That is some turnaround!

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 13:30
Northampton first team now winning. Typical Saints, using all their first team in a development competition, but would expect nothing different from them in the only competition they might win.

shendy (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 14:06
Pfft, lots of youngsters playing for us (Saints).
And anyone coming back from 0-21 and 7-28 to win 59-33 is impressive.

AB (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 14:35
Quote:
Paulr58
Northampton first team now winning. Typical Saints, using all their first team in a development competition, but would expect nothing different from them in the only competition they might win.
Wait till you see what team they will put out against us?
Guarantee it will be their first team as no other way they will get any silverware!

The Bard (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 15:29
We had at least 6 internationals in our squad last night, so we can hardly claim all of the moral high ground!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 16:01
Jeeze at 0-21 I (quite reasonably) assumed it was all over. Either Saints were incredible or Falcons were cr@p. Didn't watch the game but something amazing must have happened for Saints to have scored 38 points in the second half. Have they done that before, ever?

As it turns out that's good for us as inevitably more Saracens fans will make the trip to the final than if it had been in Newcastle.

I wouldn't bother trying to second guess what our team will look like for the final. It depends on what happens with injury and availability in the meantime.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 16:45
Thinking aloud.

next 4 Premiership
Backs: Gallagher, Lewington, Lozowski, Barritt, Strettle, Goode, Wigglesworth;
Forwards: Barrington, Tolofua, Koch, Skelton, Isiekwe, Rhodes(?), Burger, Wray;
Bench: Woolstencroft, Adams-Hale, Walker, Day, Earl; Spencer, Malins, Tompkins.

Likely alternatives/rotation: (Williams/Maitland), Segun, Bosch(i); Thompson-Stringer(i), Gray, Figallo(i), Judge!/ano, Kpoku, Clark, Vailanu.

Final
Will very much depend on injuries but imo likely to be largely the SF/pool team, perhaps with Bosch given a farewell chance of silver and Kpoku recalled (or can we only do that for League games?).

Who have I missed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 16:47 by Sara'sman.

shendy (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 16:53
Given we put a ton on Timiosara a couple of weeks ago, then yes we have :-)
And we scored 34 points in the second half of this one, surely you remember it #innocentface
[youtu.be]

Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:14
Yes, Saints first team started against Falcons this afternoon apart from Waller, Hartley, Haywood, Hill, Franks, Lawes, Wood, Biggar, Mallinder, Francis, Collins, Pisi, Haskell....plus some tyros away with England U-20.

Sure, you will be favourites in the final at the Gardens but we will try and be worthy enough to give you a game.

nb Malins looks very, very good !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 17:17 by Houghton Saint.

fleetg (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:17
How's Calum doing and do you all like him now ?

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:45
Tee hee, fair point mate. Great squad player, hasn't ripped any arms off lately

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net