rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
BOYS ON TOP!

Latest: SARACENS 33:10 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: GLOUCESTER RUGBY v SARACENS 22nd Feb, Kingsholm 19.45 ,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Gloucester Rugby v Saracens GP 19.00 Fri 22nd Feb BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Deleted.... not a story really.
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 17:04
I have decided to delete this as a non story really.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 17:28 by 1876-Fez.

Re: Not sure this is a good post.... can of worms?
Rif (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 17:05
Money well spent....

"My kicking coach tells me to imagine I am on the beach and that's what I did. I tried to be as relaxed as possible because we had the wind in our face and I didn't want to force it." - Marcelo Bosch, 06/04/15

Re: Deleted.... not a story really.
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 17:50
Priceless.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 18:25
On the Beeb now.

<< Naughty Quins >>

BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 19:40
Ha ha ha Harlequins. I feel for them. On a budget of £7m they err by a gnats thingy and get a 50% fine. Gotta do it and overspend by £1 to incur a 50p fine (Sm102)

Barty II (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 19:50
teeheehee

Jobby (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 20:35
Fissler’s just tweeted:

A team is being investigated for a breach of salary cap, not hard to work out who &#129296;

myleftboot (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 20:37
How much would the overspend have been if they were any good last year?

AP (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 20:44
"An overrun is factored into the regulations," the Premiership spokesperson continued. "This should not be referred to as a breach of the salary cap."

So, it's not possible to breach the salary cap. That's going to puzzle a few trolls!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 02:18
What makes me laugh is that if they've spent over the cap, or even up to it, they've been conned somewhere along the line. Eggy face time.

BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 08:03
Quote:
AP
"An overrun is factored into the regulations," the Premiership spokesperson continued. "This should not be referred to as a breach of the salary cap."
So, it's not possible to breach the salary cap. That's going to puzzle a few trolls!

Yes it is possible. There is the cap, then the overrun allowance (a club gets fined increasing amounts dependent on how much over) to an overrun limit*. Then there is a breach above that. It’s basically a buffer zone to allow for unexpeced things such as international credits which a club won’t really know until late in a season.

(Prem salary cap rules state: “Overrun” means total Salary payment that exceeds the Senior Ceiling by up to
£349,999.99)

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Stopsy (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 08:32
Fissler reporting a second club being investigated... There could be more egg on faces

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 08:40
Indeed, he confirmed to one enquiry that it was in addition to Quins.

Cue a lot of finger pointing, insinuation, claims and downright fibs from the masses

Barty II (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 12:54
Lets face it, wouldn't be an enormous shock if it was us - but surely success brings scrutiny and we've probably been looked at in more detail than most already? If we were breaching the cap for as long as everyone seems to claim would it not have been picked up on ages ago?

JO'G (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 13:43
it must be an impossible job

1) Get kicked by your boss if you don't spend all the budget

2) So many variables; for axample is the relief we get for Itoje being injured more or less than the amount of relief given for him being away with England

3) win, promotion, actual playing bonuses

4) who would turn down a new sponsor (money in the budget) demanding a few player appearances with them being paid for that (salary cap)

5) 85% of your budget already set in stone at the beginning of the season but a 30% variable on the players actual appearances

i managed a budget of around 10% of the cap values for one year at Vodafone and the fact that I came in at less than 5% out was a miracle. I didn't have as many variables as a Premiership club. 5% out would also be way too variable for Nigel

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 14:30
Quote:
Stopsy
Fissler reporting a second club being investigated... There could be more egg on faces

Even if there is another overspend and even if it was us, it doesn't get away from the delicious irony that Harlequins, who were without any doubt the preachiest and holier than thou in their cries from the pulpit, have been well and truly caught officially with their pants down. Just loving it! smoking smiley

myleftboot (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 14:41
Quote:
GazzaFez
Even if there is another overspend and even if it was us, it doesn't get away from the delicious irony that Harlequins, who were without any doubt the preachiest and holier than thou in their cries from the pulpit, have been well and truly caught officially with their pants down. Just loving it! smoking smiley
they want to be careful on that pulpit, if they fell and cut the inside of their cheek, who'd believe them?

samlee99 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 14:53
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Stopsy

But they weren't caught. They reported themselves.

And they didn't use expensive lawyers or make "compensation" payments to make it all go away.

And you talk about irony?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 17:11
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Stopsy

And they didn't use expensive lawyers or make "compensation" payments to make it all go away.

Oh hello samlee99, is it 1/2 term already?
Hopefully we can give you some of our attention whilst we are busy welcoming a new player and supporting our players who are in the 6N oh and a little matter of the Semi Final of the Premiership Rugby Cup and the 1/4 final of the European Rugby Champions Cup coming up!

Hope you are as equally busy...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Adey (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 18:39
So in reality, if you’re willing to pay the fine on a penny short of £350k you can overspend on the cap to that amount?

That kind of amount would get you a very good player, or a few quality squad players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2019 20:08 by Adey.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 18:50
Quote:
samlee99

you two faced poxy hypocrite

BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 07:24
Quote:
Adey
So in reality, if you’re willing to pay the fine on a penny short of £350k you can overspend on the cap to that amount?
That kind of amount would get you a very good player, or a few quality squad players.

Yes. I escalates though, so you would have to pay 'overrrun tax' of £3 for every £1 over at that level. So your very good player would be costing you over a million pound fine for their £350k salary.

If you then go over that, the fine is also at £3 for every £1 and in the latest regs that also comes with a point deduction:

£0 to £349,999.99 = 0 points
£350,000 to £399,999.99 = 5
£400,000 to £449,999.99 = 10
£450,000 to £499,999.99 = 15
£500,000 to £549,999.99 = 20
£550,000 to £599,999.99 = 25
£600,000 to £649,999.99 = 30
Over £650,000 = 35 points

Last year Wasps went into overrun by about £40k as a result of Nathan Hughes getting injured so not getting the International Player Credit of up to £80,000 per player.

[www.rugbypass.com]

I guess that's its in Home Grown Player Credits and International Player Credit where your club will clean up, hence the appearance of having an expensive squad, but in reality many aren't available for large portions of the year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 08:11 by BathMatt53.

JO'G (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 12:52
I thought the Nathan Hughes 'overspend' was that the agent through which his salary was paid was deemed to be domestic. Hence Wasps had to pay VAT on the 200k that was channeled through the agent

I don't think anyone seriously thought Wasps were breaking the cap, just got the wrong side of an HM Customs and Excise issue - expensive one too, a £120k fine to go with the VAT bill plus presumably £50k defending it with lawyers and accountants. Hughes must have ended up costing them twice his salary

TOKS (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:40
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Adey

Yes. I escalates though, so you would have to pay 'overrrun tax' of £3 for every £1 over at that level. So your very good player would be costing you over a million pound fine for their £350k salary.

If you then go over that, the fine is also at £3 for every £1 and in the latest regs that also comes with a point deduction:

£0 to £349,999.99 = 0 points
£350,000 to £399,999.99 = 5
£400,000 to £449,999.99 = 10
£450,000 to £499,999.99 = 15
£500,000 to £549,999.99 = 20
£550,000 to £599,999.99 = 25
£600,000 to £649,999.99 = 30
Over £650,000 = 35 points

Last year Wasps went into overrun by about £40k as a result of Nathan Hughes getting injured so not getting the International Player Credit of up to £80,000 per player.

[www.rugbypass.com]

I guess that's its in Home Grown Player Credits and International Player Credit where your club will clean up, hence the appearance of having an expensive squad, but in reality many aren't available for large portions of the year.

I imagine you're right, Matt. All we can really say is that people far brighter than certainly me are making sure we adhere to the rules, and they in turn are being checked by other people far brighter than me!

If ever I struggle I just wait for Samlee to come along and explain it all. He knows more than everyone else, including even the boss of PRL. Now that's clever.

TOKS (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:41
Quote:
Stopsy

I would suspect that there are 12 clubs permanently being checked.

BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:59
Quote:
JO'G
I thought the Nathan Hughes 'overspend' was that the agent through which his salary was paid was deemed to be domestic. Hence Wasps had to pay VAT on the 200k that was channeled through the agent
I don't think anyone seriously thought Wasps were breaking the cap, just got the wrong side of an HM Customs and Excise issue - expensive one too, a £120k fine to go with the VAT bill plus presumably £50k defending it with lawyers and accountants. Hughes must have ended up costing them twice his salary

Sounds like you have more insight than me! I was going on the explanation by Wasps CEO Nick Eastwood who was speaking more generally at the time:

"You don't really know what happens with the international call-ups allowances, injury allowances, those sort of things until the season unfolds," said Eastwood.

"It was pretty much one of those things that all the assumptions we made went one way.

Either way, it seems like a pretty complex process this cap balancing, with a degree of speculation / guessing required for the season / seasons ahead.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:05
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Stopsy

Hopefully we can give you some of our attention whilst we are busy welcoming a new player and supporting our players who are in the 6N oh and a little matter of the Semi Final of the Premiership Rugby Cup and the 1/4 final of the European Rugby Champions Cup coming up!

Good to see the truth still hurts.

Equally good to see that yet more people are talking about your tarnished trophies.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:06
Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
samlee99

you two faced poxy hypocrite

Are you one of the Saracens salary cap lawyers? You seem to have all the charm of one.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:39
Booring. You have proved yourself to be a simple minded hater. Harlequins broke the cap, that's a fact. Not the first, but clearly not the worst recent incident. But you like them. They don't win. Saracens have never broken the cap. Again, documented fact, but you whinge and whine on a forum for Saracens supporters, one can only imagine because your real life is lacking

Primavesi2 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 15:55
In the end no cap break could possibly do as much damage to the image of the game as bloodgate did.

Re the cap thing, yes this is a non story, but its a very funny non story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 15:58 by Primavesi2.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:32
Quote:
myleftboot
Booring. You have proved yourself to be a simple minded hater. Harlequins broke the cap, that's a fact. Not the first, but clearly not the worst recent incident. But you like them. They don't win. Saracens have never broken the cap. Again, documented fact, but you whinge and whine on a forum for Saracens supporters, one can only imagine because your real life is lacking

Hahaha. Keep on saying it and you might even one day convince yourself. Until then you remain a deluded abusive nonentity.

Meanwhile in the real world your trophies remain tainted and the even better news is that it's all being raked up again so even more people realise it.

Good isn't it?

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:34
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Stopsy

Good to see the truth still hurts.

Equally good to see that yet more people are talking about your tarnished trophies.

Nope, still seems to be just you.

Your rants are actually quite amusing, albeit in a self destructive and self abusing way, so you carry on. I'm always impressed that you don't let facts get in the way of your own personal rant. They put off the majority of our other detractors when McCafferty announced them, but you still merrily rant on.

As someone once said, I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself - you hang in there sunshine, you're special.

If you think it's just me who is talking about your tainted trophies then you are as deluded as your fellow abusive nonentity apologist.

Meanwhile in the real world your trophies remain tainted and the even better news is that it's all being raked up again so even more people realise it.

Good isn't it?

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:50
Sam. Not sure which thread to post this on but I'm genuinely concerned for your health. Your blood pressure must be critically high. Please take the Amlopodine asap to reduce it. You seem to be an entirely rational person so I'm sure you will appreciate my real concerns.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 14:38
I can see the coming season being fun ...

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:54
I feel quite sorry for Samlee. He spends all his time trolling this site simply because he has nowhere else to go. The one for Orphans doesn't have a home page....

I'll get my coat.....

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:56
C'mon mate. That's unnecessary.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 19:24
Quote:
samlee99
Good isn't it?

Quote:
Brian Moore
Whatever replacements are fit and chosen they are not as good, presently, as the Saracens
you love him, don't you? He's always right

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 20:01
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

(Thanks for giving me the opportunity to highlight it again).

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 20:14
Yawn

myleftboot (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:16
Quote:
Brian Moore
Unpopular Saracens are unfairly maligned
Same source, you're not following your messiahs teachings correctly

samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 11:52
Look around you. Look at how many people are talking about your salary cap avoidance. See how it's all coming out yet again. Good isn't it?

Do keep on highlighting the subject though.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 11:58
Quote:
samlee99
Look around you. Look at how many people are talking about your salary cap avoidance. See how it's all coming out yet again. Good isn't it?
Do keep on highlighting the subject though.

Hi. Have a nice lie-in?

TOKS (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 16:06
At least one other board gave blocked this moron. Can we not do the same?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:54
I've looked around....hmmm, nothing in any of the papers, news channel's, sports web sites, if there was any SOLID evidence I'm sure they'd be all over it.

Just a few bitter and twisted KW's on forums and Twitter, you keep banging the drum on hete and other forums.

Do you go to grounds and watch live games?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:44
Quote:
1876-Fez
I've looked around....hmmm, nothing in any of the papers, news channel's, sports web sites, if there was any SOLID evidence I'm sure they'd be all over it.
Just a few bitter and twisted KW's on forums and Twitter, you keep banging the drum on hete and other forums.

Yes it's where I talk to rugby fans many of whom have far stronger opinions than me on the salary cap abuses.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:54
Quote:
TOKS
At least one other board gave blocked this moron. Can we not do the same?

Absolutely, that's the way forward. Ban anyone who posts an opinion that you don't agree with.

But whatever you do don't ban those who insult and abuse people whose opinions you don't agree with.

(Sorry to make you look even more foolish but it's hardly my fault is it?).

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:45
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
1876-Fez

Yes it's where I talk to rugby fans many of whom have far stronger opinions than me on the salary cap abuses.

Really. I would have thought that I/we would have come accross the "many" fans on our travels in the UK and Europe, as most fans are willing to engage with eachother and have a good talk. There are those who have a bit of banter for fun but none with the vitriolic and nastiness you have. Just look at some of the great receptions our supporter groups get at away games..

Have you ever spoken with a Sarcens fans and put you evidence and point of view to them in a constructive way?
I assume you have never visited Azp but we must have played your team (?) at your home ground.

Oh have you listened to that Pod cast by Matthew Tait yet?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:18
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
1876-Fez

Really. I would have thought that I/we would have come accross the "many" fans on our travels in the UK and Europe, as most fans are willing to engage with eachother and have a good talk. There are those who have a bit of banter for fun but none with the vitriolic and nastiness you have. Just look at some of the great receptions our supporter groups get at away games..

Have you ever spoken with a Sarcens fans and put you evidence and point of view to them in a constructive way?
I assume you have never visited Azp but we must have played your team (?) at your home ground.

Oh have you listened to that Pod cast by Matthew Tait yet?

No vitriol, no nastiness. I leave that to the abusers replying to my posts.

I simply point out that your trophies are tainted and I reply to those who post at me (like you did).

My point remains that your trophies are tainted. If you believe no one else thinks that then good for you. It's not up to me if you want to deceive yourself.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:26
Is there an echo in here?

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:33
Several!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net