rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE DOUBLE
PREMIERSHIP & EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 34:37 SARACENS
Next:
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Supporting Sarries
GerryK (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 15:04
It appears that all the trolls are out again commenting about the alleged breach of the salary cap, following the capture of Daley.

It is very sad that their venom ignores the real picture, we have an extraordinary group of players, a high proportion of whom have come through our very effective academy,most of the others in the squad have been picked up from lesser known clubs or where their career has stalled, the players are extremely well coached and they love the environment.

Jealously is a strange animal and is very capable of undermining common sense, let us continue to be appreciative of what we have

Re: Supporting Sarries
tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 15:20
It's human nature - you can't do anything about it but rise above the rancour. While they're moaning about us they're leaving some other poor s@d alone.

london pride (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 16:10
It's all down to jealousy and envy.Remember when Tigers were a power in European rugby a few years ago.It was all very similar, but with social media it's so much easier for a keyboard warrior to try and stir it all up.People are jealous of success, I've even noticed a change in some people's attitude to Exeter in the last two or three years.Still, let the trolls have their bit of fun, we all know the truth.C'Mon you Sarries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 16:11 by london pride.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 16:20
Even when the first team was poop, Saracens consistently spent more and worked harder with their academy. It was the only award we got in the years before the South Africans invested. It is quite normal for Saracens to have ten academy players in a match day twenty three.

Then there are the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free. They normally number around six, the likes of Wyles.

Instead of whining about salaries, some supporters of the other clubs would do better pressing their respective clubs to raise the quality of their academies and coaching staff.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

TOKS (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 16:26
If we've done wrong, we'll get punished (like anyone else has and would). If we haven't (like last time) we won't.

Let those in the know (clubs and PRL) get on with doing the job.

Simples.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 17:42
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
It's human nature - you can't do anything about it but rise above the rancour.

I agree, "rancours" the lot of them (Sm115)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 17:42 by SarrieSaint.

Steve Robo (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 19:06
I couldn't give a toss what others think, its only jealousy

AB (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:36
)
Quote:
Steve Robo
I couldn't give a toss what others think, its only jealousy
(Sm152)(Sm44)

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 06:43
The accusations that really annoy me are about the players having: off shore payments, cash payments, school fees paid, wives paid etc.

Just think of the players their wives, agents and coaches we have had over say 10 years of sucess... some are therefore being accused of knowingly colluding with these "illigal" activities.

You are talking of many many players who are being accused of this, lots of them world class... a slight on their integrity

Funny that not 1 of them has since come forward to "spill the beans"....

Unfortunately the haters will always hate and many of the others can't stand seeing a "not a proper" rugby club do well.

Rant over.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Stopsy (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 11:05
As London Pride points out, it is an unwelcome side effect of what Saracens have achieved. I remember reading such bile against Tigers, alas no longer! a good deal of it on his site.

It is so much easier for people to kid themselves that your achievements are as a result of something rather nefarious as opposed to admitting you are doing it better than them on a level playing field

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 11:30
Quote:
Stopsy
As London Pride points out, it is an unwelcome side effect of what Saracens have achieved. I remember reading such bile against Tigers, alas no longer! a good deal of it on his site.
It is so much easier for people to kid themselves that your achievements are as a result of something rather nefarious as opposed to admitting you are doing it better than them on a level playing field

As ever Stopsy - a balanced viewpoint. Looking forward to the 16th!!!!

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:43
Absolutely. It's really terrible how there are stories all over the place about Saracens allegedly breaking the salary cap in the past and currently.

Good job no one has started yet another thread highlighting this isn't it?

Doh!

myleftboot (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:50
There have been no breaches, (other than Quins.) Never mind chap, we'll just help ourselves to a few more trophies if it's alright with you. Would you like a quote from your bald baby jesus, Brian Moore? "Saracens deserve credit not criticism for becoming one of the strongest teams in European club rugby" There's loads more where that came from.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:53
He makes me laugh now (Sm22) Now it's "allegedly". We must be winning him over! He has moved his position somewhat!

For me its really simple.

If I were a fan of one of the other clubs that are reportedly spending up to the cap and I was sitting mid table or below I would pushing my club on why they are spending as much as Saracens and not getting anywhere near the performance.

Surely this is about the other clubs not spending wisely.

scrappydoo (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:58
I am guessing someone playing for a top team could command a high sponsorship deal from the likes of Nike, Addidas, Vitality etc. I assume this isn't considered part of the cap and therefore the advantages of a lower wage at a high profile success club is worth it to access the best personal sponsorship deals.

If I was boot manufacturer, would I want Farrell or Ford wearing my boot and doing the PR stuff. Same with scrum caps, I wouldn't be surprised if Maro has a deal to wear a certain brand.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:01
We seem to forget, albeit not intentionally, about the quality of the coaching staff. It's just as important for them to gell as it is for the players. Due to BV and MMc we've hit the mother lode for a number of years now. Hard hard work by all concerned and long may it continue (sorry Stopsy)!!

boomer! (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:26
Quote:
GerryK
It appears that all the trolls are out again commenting about the alleged breach of the salary cap, following the capture of Daley.....
..Jealously is a strange animal and is very capable of undermining common sense, let us continue to be appreciative of what we have

With everyone having access to a keyboard/smartphone and the various website on the net (twatter, faecesbook, prattsnetwork,) it is not surprising the winggers are in the ascendancy

Years ago these gripes would have been made to a few 'sympathetic' ears over a pint in the local pub, now they are there for the world to see, read, and comment upon.

Graeme D (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:30
Quote:
scrappydoo
I am guessing someone playing for a top team could command a high sponsorship deal from the likes of Nike, Addidas, Vitality etc. I assume this isn't considered part of the cap and therefore the advantages of a lower wage at a high profile success club is worth it to access the best personal sponsorship deals.
If I was boot manufacturer, would I want Farrell or Ford wearing my boot and doing the PR stuff. Same with scrum caps, I wouldn't be surprised if Maro has a deal to wear a certain brand.

Nail and head spring to mind.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 19:59
Quote:
myleftboot
There have been no breaches, (other than Quins.) Never mind chap, we'll just help ourselves to a few more trophies if it's alright with you. Would you like a quote from your bald baby jesus, Brian Moore? "Saracens deserve credit not criticism for becoming one of the strongest teams in European club rugby" There's loads more where that came from.

Wrong yet again. Wasps had a similar breach to Quins.

Buy as many trophies as you like. They will be as tarnished as the ones you have previously bought.

Good to see your tarnished trophies are bothering you so much though.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 20:16
Yawn

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:35
can we ban this twunt?
he offers nothing in reasoned debate & prob needs to concentrate on stealing his mums copies of 'cosmopolitan' to release his tensions

European champions 2016 & 2017

08 February, 2019 21:53
Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore him. We're just giving him the attention he obviously lacks elsewhere. Shame ....

Tonight we can celebrate another milestone.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:01
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Tonight we can celebrate another milestone.

My partner just thanked me for cooking two nights in a row and whilst I didn't expect wider recognition I thank you none-the-less ...

08 February, 2019 22:03
Good boy! I would have wondered what you were after myself.(Sm126)

samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 11:50
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
can we ban this twunt?
he offers nothing in reasoned debate & prob needs to concentrate on stealing his mums copies of 'cosmopolitan' to release his tensions

Insults and abuse won't stop people realising your trophies are tarnished.

Neither will bans. Although banning those who indulge in insults and abuse would be a good idea wouldn't it?

AB (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 12:12
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
can we ban this twunt?

Neither will bans. Although banning those who indulge in insults and abuse would be a good idea wouldn't it?

don't rise to the bait- just ignore his remarks and he will go back into his hole- he craves attention -

so let him spout and THEN IGNORE AND DON'T RESPOND

Noir (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 12:45
Our friend, of the penny short of a pound variety, looks to have a little known syndrome, first seen in the early 17th century, called Tilting At Windmills Syndrome.

Often there is no cure, so be gentle..

09 February, 2019 15:50
I have read the comments regarding Sarries on the Wasp's forum and as a Chiefs supporter I find many of them bitter, childish, peurile and basically envious. wasps are a club in a steep decline. That is obvious. Yes I could imagine Daly moving to gain trophies and success. He can't be skint now can he? And whats his prospects of winning things at Coventry? Nada.
Sarries and its supporters are okay by me. I'm surprised Wasps supporters haven't started on the Chiefs yet. Its bound to happen.

Hope to see you all at Twickers.

thumbs down

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Waldo (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:55
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
can we ban this twunt?

Actually samlee they polish up very nicely. How are yours doing?

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:05
https://www.funpartystore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/2/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/i/willy_trophy1_600.jpg bit of a dull shine really, bit tarnished even?

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:53
Every free you press the top it plays a tune
"Sam Lee Tulibou douchoo"

fleetg (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 23:18
As soon as numerous "fans" (and I use that term loosely), start taking notice of Saints again I'll take that as a compliment ; it'll mean we are doing just fine !!

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:45
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
can we ban this twunt?

Actually samlee they polish up very nicely. How are yours doing?

But you can polish a tarnished turd and it will still be a tarnished turd.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:58
You speak from experience I guess, we have lots of trophies to polish, yourself just turds I assume. Is it fun, sat there in your tinfoil hat and crusty sock, polishing turds in front of your Brian Moore shrine? Do you sing your special song?

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 15:08
Quote:
Shouting Prarie Dog
I have read the comments regarding Sarries on the Wasp's forum and as a Chiefs supporter I find many of them bitter, childish, peurile and basically envious. wasps are a club in a steep decline. That is obvious. Yes I could imagine Daly moving to gain trophies and success. He can't be skint now can he? And whats his prospects of winning things at Coventry? Nada.
Sarries and its supporters are okay by me. I'm surprised Wasps supporters haven't started on the Chiefs yet. Its bound to happen.

Hope to see you all at Twickers.

thumbs down

Thanking Shouting - clubs that are used to / or used to be top of the tree (Wasps in particular) are indeed anti the new brigade and Exeter will be next you are correct.

I really look forward to Hogg arriving with you guys next season and maybe more Castres performances will be on the cards.

An exciting back line mixed with your formidable ball retention and lineout drive would be a further challenge for us all.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:25
Quote:
myleftboot
You speak from experience I guess, we have lots of trophies to polish, yourself just turds I assume. Is it fun, sat there in your tinfoil hat and crusty sock, polishing turds in front of your Brian Moore shrine? Do you sing your special song?

Lots of experience in dealing with self-deceiving abusers like you yes.

I find avoiding descending to their level of abuse and fantasy is the best. Just stick to the truth. Which brings us back to tainted trophies doesn't it?

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:26
There's that echo again...

GerryK (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:25
Perhaps we should resort to preventing our Academy developed internationals from playing for England, thereby endorsing this trolls view that everything Sarries does is tainted.

Hopefully this the end of SamLee99's childish nonsense

10 February, 2019 20:16
Don't hold your breath, Gerry. It's probably time for last minute homework to be completed.

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 21:35
What a pathetic little circle jerk this thread is

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 22:25
Come on guys, let's not let this board descend into the sewers
We support the best team in England - if not Europe
We could yet win an unprecedented treble (quadruple if you include the sevens) this season
Our players make up the backbone of a resurgent England Team

We can afford to be magnanimous - what was that quote now? I remember -
"I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:08
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
There's that echo again...

Glad you've noticed it. It's a constant reminder for you about your tainted trophies and even if I wasn't here the echo would still be. You know it, I know it and the rugby world knows it.

mr magoo (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:15
Apart from our brilliant academy I also think we have always bought wisely. Take our SA players ( Ali Hargreaves) etc . Personally I'd never heard of any of them yet many became our best players.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:22
The whole Rugby world in your bedroom. We won them. Wikipedia, written by "the rugby World," doesn't seem to have any mention of this tarnish. I pity you, really. I'm guessing you take no joy from England's successes, built on a core of tarnished Sarries. Finest team in England and nothing you can say or do will change that, so go back to your Brian Moore pics and do what you do best

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:38
Part of the problem of announcing signings the season before the players arrive is that those leaving or retirting, and who proivde cap space, are not yet off the payroll. So 1x Daly salary might be higher than 1x Burger, 1x Bosch, and 1x Strettle, all of whom will be offski in June, according to numerous sources, but it's debatable whether it'll be higher than those three combined. The bigger picutre is always ignored by those wanting to have a go, whoever the target.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Who removed my H.R. Giger picture?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 11:39 by To Mega Therion.

mr magoo (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:43
Sorry, had heard of Schalk Burger before, and a few of the guys we got from SA I had scant knowledge of. But I can honestly say most of the many players that we brought in from that country I hadn't heard of.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:38
I hadn't heard of that William Skellington we got from Australia. Bit surprised we didn't do his agent under the trades description act but what a brilliant player he's become.

I agree that the club seems to recruit very wisely and often under-valued or over-looked players to balance the well-known and more expensive. People also ignoring that the club didn't have money to out-bid Bath for Judge for example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 14:09 by SarrieSaint.

TOKS (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:53
Or Quins for Nathan Earle.

Ignore the haters and keep on riding the wave. The Saints fan above sums it up best.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:43
Quote:
myleftboot
The whole Rugby world in your bedroom. We won them. Wikipedia, written by "the rugby World," doesn't seem to have any mention of this tarnish. I pity you, really. I'm guessing you take no joy from England's successes, built on a core of tarnished Sarries. Finest team in England and nothing you can say or do will change that, so go back to your Brian Moore pics and do what you do best

So glad to see my opinion on your tarnished trophies causes you to spend so much time thinking about me. It rather indicates that deep down you know that your trophies are tarnished too.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:13
I think between us we are giving you the attention crave, a bit of public service to save you from trolling someone who may give a damn!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net