rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
INTO THE FINAL!

Latest: WORCESTER WARRIORS 22:38 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS V LEICESTER TIGERS 16th Feb, Allianz 15.00 ,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers GP 14.30 sat 16th Feb BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

England v France...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:26
England team to play France:
Daly; Ashton, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Lawes, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Cole, Moon, Launchbury, Hughes, Robson, Ford, Nowell

Well done, Faz, Jamie, George, Mako and Billy

With a cheeky mention to Chris and Elliott!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: England v France...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:28
France

Huget; Penaud, Doumayrou, Bastareaud, Fickou; Lopez, Parra; Poirot, Guirado, Bamba, Lambey, Vahaamahina, Camara, Iturria, Picamoles.

Replacements: Bourgarit, Priso, Aldegheri, Willemse, Alldritt, Dupont, Ntamack, Ramos

A whole load of big lads!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

myleftboot (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:45
Hmm, Christ knows what France will produce. In either half... The big Bastauread is going to be roaring after being dropped last week

John Tee (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 15:46
Those big guys could batter us or be a liability after 40 minutes.
If England play with the pace and intensity of last week, I think we can run them off their feet and have a huge last 20.
If that happens, I think we will win big.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:43
Shame Scotland didn't beat Ireland (IMHO!)... but at least Ireland and Wales were denied the TBP...

Tomorrow should be a cracker..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:46
Yeah, wonder what would have happened if Hogg stayed on?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:48
Did you see how he was injured!!
[www.rugbypass.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

myleftboot (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:49
I was watching with low volume whilst playing pokemon. (kids....) I'm not a fan of mahoney, and that looks pretty accident-on-purpose

Surbiton Sarries (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:37
The French women haven't turned up in the first half. 24-0 with the bonus point sewn up at half time, including two tries with one in the bin.

Omen ? (1 chicken, 2 chickens..)

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 15:14
That Daly bloke looks handy...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 15:46
Well that was some 1st 1/2, apart from the French try... pretty faultless..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

maynas (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:03
Another great day at Twickenham, hope we can do it in Cardiff.

The Bard (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:07
France absolutely abject. We basically scored the same try 3 times! We were so dominant in the first half it unfortunately made the second a total non event. Sinckler is looking a liability in niggly situations and could easily have been in serious bother today.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:20
It's a shame Sinckler misbehaves as he really is very good (perhaps his mentor, Marler, has been passing on his worst moves).

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 08:30
Something was done to Sinkler before he reacted with his slap, the same player did something that just wasn't shown on the replay. 18 months ago he would have launched into the player with his fists. He's turning into a real quality prop we need to cut him some slack.

mfc (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 08:31
I think Sinckler can turn it off if he wants, he seems to be the one provoking and knows what hes doing.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:39
I've not seen it ....and it's no excuse but I have heard that he was retaliating for a slap he received... he should know better. Another team may well try to wind him up...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Primavesi2 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:41
Another excellent performance.

Well done to Eddie Jones, our tactics were spot on, but also to the players for executing and adapting to the situation (awol French full back).

Its easy to say now that he has just scored a hatrick, but Jonny Mays improvement over the last 3 years really has been impressive. He always had pace and talent but too often took the wrong options or ran across the field into isolation only to get turned over. Now he is one of the most complete and dangerous wingers in world rugby.

Any team will miss Maro but I thought Lawes was excellent as a replacement and that tackle on Bastareaud...

Wales have looked average so far (that game on Saturday was absolute dross) but sure they will improve in time for Cardiff in 2 weeks so it should be a cracker. Whatever happens though the improvement since 12 months ago, admittedly when we were plagued by injuries, has been dramatic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 09:49 by Primavesi2.

myleftboot (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:48
Was it only me shouting at wee Fordy to keep the ball in play to push for 50? A big win, yes, but to be so close to doing the dance......!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net