rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HOME SEMI IN THE BAG!

Latest: WASPS 14:31 SARACENS
Next: SARACENS v EXETER CHIEFS
Sat 4th May, 15.00 Allianz (GP),
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Exeter Chiefs Sat 4th May 14.30 BT Sport 3

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

The Full 136 Year History of the Six Nations - Visualisation
BathSalmon (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:12
Hi,

I've been at it again.

I've produced a new Visualisation that covers the full 136 Year history of the Six Nations / Five Nations / Home Nations Championship (from 1883!)

The Aim:
Produce a visual that could stand as a poster, providing detail of winners of the major trophies and successful eras of teams. Whilst also providing added interactivity to the online version, giving detail of matches and more nation specific annotations.

I also wanted to try and go away from your traditional sports viz and do something less dashboard-like and more data-art.

Check out the interactive version here:

[public.tableau.com]

I've tried to pick out key moments in the championship, wish I had more time to add more comments to the individual nation views.

Did you know that BOTH England and France have been expelled from the Championship!?

Cheers

Sam

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Re: The Full 136 Year History of the Six Nations - Visualisation
AlanE (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 02:41
Congratulations, Sam. That's a great piece of work.

"I've been at it again". That's the first I have seen; are there others in which people on here like me might be interested?

Thanks.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

myleftboot (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 08:34
Blimey, that's some piece of work! Don't think my phone is doing it justice, will have to crank up the laptop. Thanks.

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:23
Thanks both of you!

Alan, I posted on this site a few weeks ago, which was a Match / Player Stats / Team Stats series of dashboards, that are monitoring this years premiership. I'll be due to update it after this weekend, so I'll probably post again, as long as people don't mind.

There is a permanent link on the Bath board now to the dashboards.

For those wondering what the Six Nations poster is, but don't want to link to find out:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzJs3BHXcAIyOdC.jpg

It is interactive, so do click and have more of a poke around if you feel inquisitive!

Thanks

Sam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net