rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE DOUBLE
PREMIERSHIP & EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 34:37 SARACENS
Next:
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Potential Semi Final Venues
Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:06
Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Re: Potential Semi Final Venues
BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:25
Saracens vs Munster at the Ricoh brings back memories. HRHRH's last game for Saracens (I think), the sun shone, then it rained and snowed and we learnt a fine lesson in how not to close out a winning position to get beaten at the last. Still happy memories.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 14:03
I've still got the ball he kicked into the crowd - it's a bit deflated now though.(Sm100)

TOKS (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 14:17
OMG. If Saracens v Munster at the Ricoh does come to pass please can we make it a forum rule that no one is allowed to mention the previous time that happened and in particular "that error" by Nigel Owens.

I met Richard Hill at a function at least 7 or 8 years later and he was still unable (or unwilling) to talk about it!

AlanE (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:03
Quote:
BACK TO BLACK
Saracens vs Munster at the Ricoh brings back memories. HRHRH's last game for Saracens (I think),

Not quite but nearly. He staggered on to the last Prem match which was at MK against Bristol. I think on that day we swapped England's best back rower for England's future best full back - Goodey's debut.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Chops3 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:06
My understanding is that semi final venues are supposed to be at neutral venues with highest ranked teams getting home country advantage (eg. Saracens at the Ricoh).

I struggle to see how the Aviva stadium and Paris La Defence can be considered as neutral venues. Leinster will use the Aviva for 3 home fixtures this season including a European Cup group stage match and their QF. We all know that the Aviva is effectively a home stadium for Leinster. As far as I can see, Paris La Defence Arena is Racing 92's official home ground.

Doesn't seem to be a level playing field to me!

AlanE (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:12
Problem of finding a big enough stadium in a small-ish country I suppose. I see the Aviva could be hosting two semis if we mess up against Glasgow.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:16
Quote:
Chops3
My understanding is that semi final venues are supposed to be at neutral venues with highest ranked teams getting home country advantage (eg. Saracens at the Ricoh).
I struggle to see how the Aviva stadium and Paris La Defence can be considered as neutral venues. Leinster will use the Aviva for 3 home fixtures this season including a European Cup group stage match and their QF. We all know that the Aviva is effectively a home stadium for Leinster. As far as I can see, Paris La Defence Arena is Racing 92's official home ground.

Doesn't seem to be a level playing field to me!
The reasoning behind the selections [www.epcrugby.com]

The Bard (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:57
So we could be at the Ricoh arena two weeks running?

ninjafez (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 15:12
shame there was a very naughty part of me hoping it was going to be MK so bit nearer the base...

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

15 March, 2019 15:31
Now that i've moved to Farnborough can we have in Reading like last time please. I can get dropped off, saves all the hassel with parking or the P&R

sarricen (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 11:34
At least wasps could get knock out rugby at their stadium this year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 11:35 by sarricen.

chinjy (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 19:24
Seems strange considering we had MadStad in 2016 or happily would of taken HQ. Money obviously talks for rent maybe or guessing ECPR don't want empty seats with would be the case v Edinburgh. Maybe not v Munster.....

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 23:50
Quote:
sarricen
At least wasps could get knock out rugby at their stadium this year

Pointless dig...shame

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 09:10
pretty sure Saracens v Edinburgh will not sell out think Mad stadium would've been better choice

European champions 2016 & 2017

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 09:58
Reading FC plays at home on 30 March, so I guess the Mad Stad was off limits. Plus, it could be that the owners of the Ricoh offered more money to EPCR?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Who removed my H.R. Giger picture?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/03/2019 09:59 by To Mega Therion.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 12:00
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Reading FC plays at home on 30 March, so I guess the Mad Stad was off limits. Plus, it could be that the owners of the Ricoh offered more money to EPCR?

yeah money always talks, should have though of that, MK stadium is not being used from the 22nd all the way to the 04/apr so there was a massive gap there to have it nearer to home...

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 13:00
you all seem to be looking at the wrong dates for the semi

dons and reading both at home on the monday so probably didnt want rugby cutting the pitch up

coventry are at home on the friday so ideal to get a saturday or sunday (hopefully) game in too

JO'G (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 14:44
was looking at the Championship fixtures and quite fancy the 27th April at the Madstad

last game of season 1 v 2 and quite possible that the winner will take all if Irish lose one of the 4 games inbetween

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net