Latest news:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE DOUBLE
PREMIERSHIP & EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 34:37 SARACENS
Next: WASPS v SARACENS Sat 21st Sept Ricoh PRC

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

The big bash
Discussion started by paulglynn , 14 May, 2019 22:07
The big bash
paulglynn 14 May, 2019 22:07
Any news of the winners yet?

Re: The big bash
1876-Fez 15 May, 2019 06:33
Quick glance at Twitter...
There are also the womens and Mavericks awards...((I'll try to add)
There may be some I've missed...

Players Player... Big Will
Fans Player.... Alex (Full kit) Goode
Outstanding Supporter... Malcolm Denton
Young player... Titi Lam
Try of season.. Alex Lewington (v Tigers)
Long standing supporter..Peter Harvey
Community Player... Callum C
Academy player... Sean Reffell
Services to DPP... Joe Clarke

Womans player.. Poppy
Coaches player .. Rosie Gaggigan
Players player... Sarah McKenna
Womans try...Georgie Lingham

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 06:41 by 1876-Fez.

Duncan96 15 May, 2019 11:05
Did they announce the list of leavers?

Gryff 15 May, 2019 12:31
They did and it was quite a long list i don't have the book on me but remember

Schalk Burger
Chello
Stretts
Dom Day
Sione Vailanu
Christopher Tolofua
Christian Judge
Hayden Stringer Thompson
Henry Taylor
Tom Griffiths
Billy Walker
Reuben Bird Tulloch
Jack Nay
Oli Morris
Tadgh McIlroy
Alex Gliksten

I may have missed one or two

Was surprised by Tom Griffiths and haven't found where he is off to yet

GazzaFez 15 May, 2019 13:05
Tom Griffiths! Oh no! Did they mention where he is going to?

SarrieSaint 15 May, 2019 14:10
Surprised at some of those leavers. Will be interesting to see where they end up. Still feel letting Vailanu go might be a mistake and can't understand why they'd let Griffiths leave? Ofc might be all sorts of good reasons including possible incoming players but sad to see a player with that potential leave.

JO'G 15 May, 2019 14:57
thats a pretty high attrition rate in the academy players

GazzaFez 15 May, 2019 15:28
So Barty over to you to update your master plan!

That's Dom Day, Tom Griffiths, Jack Nay, Tadgh McIlroy and Alex Gliksten to add to the list of leavers.

I suspect much of it comes down to the cap and who we can afford to offer senior contracts to or contract extensions to those just out of the academy. There have been many breakthrough players this season from or just out of our academy and it's pretty clear who is probably going to make it long term, including Matt Gallagher, Max Malins, Tom Whiteley, Joel Kpoku, Roti Segun, Dom Morris etc. We can't keep everyone and so some hard-nosed decisions have to be made.

Notable by absence is Scott Spurling. Anyone know what is happening with him one way or the other? I haven't seen him feature for quite a while now.

We seem to have lost a fair few centres, including now Griffiths, but more than made up for by the arrival of Elliot Daly and effectively a 'new arrival' in the shapre of Duncan Taylor who's been absent for pretty much the whole season; fingers crossed he can get back to form and stay fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 15:31 by GazzaFez.

SarrieSaint 15 May, 2019 15:55
Is Taylor definitely staying? that would be a further season extension? Admirable loyalty by the club.

Gryff 15 May, 2019 16:04
Duncan Tayler was issued a new contract in 2018 taking him to 2021.

The way the Vailanu situation was put to me was who do you want to keep Sione or Ben Earl?

I'd assume a similar conversation re Griffiths and Dom Morris has pushed forward and got a first team cap this term.

SarrieSaint 15 May, 2019 16:16
Ah thanks Gryff. Suprised such a long contract for a player beset with injury but that reflects well on the club.
That makes a bit more sense re choices.

nicsue 15 May, 2019 23:01
So Jonathan Kpoku staying? There were stories of him going to France.

Graeme D 15 May, 2019 23:48
[quote nicsue]So Jonathan Kpoku staying? There were stories of him going to France.[/quote

Jonathan staying.

myleftboot 16 May, 2019 08:30
Whilst, yes, all the Academy products would stay with Sarries in a perfect world with no salary cap on home grown, these are the realities of the system. The fact so many are staying in Professional Rugby elsewhere is something the coaches involved must be very proud of, and another indication of a very healthy, very successful system

Barty II 16 May, 2019 08:57
Quote:
Gryff
Duncan Tayler was issued a new contract in 2018 taking him to 2021.
The way the Vailanu situation was put to me was who do you want to keep Sione or Ben Earl?

I'd assume a similar conversation re Griffiths and Dom Morris has pushed forward and got a first team cap this term.

This probably hits the nail on the head. Griffiths also having struggled with injuries too, and also Charlie Watson coming through the U18s has also featured in Storm matches off the bench and shown good promise.

Master plan being updated Gazza!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net