rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
DOUBLE DOUBLE
PREMIERSHIP & EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 34:37 SARACENS
Next:
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Tigers yardsale
BramleyRoad (IP Logged)
27 June, 2019 11:41
So, anybody got some spare change? Maybe they could become a feeder club for our Academy...
Not that we need them, but ever charitable to the less fortunate cousins in the East Midlands.

Supporting Saracens for 52 years

Re: Tigers yardsale
Siggy89 (IP Logged)
27 June, 2019 14:29
You sound deeply unpleasant.

sarricen (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 07:54
I just don’t get those taking pleasure at the off-field struggles of fellow clubs. There’s not a club in the premiership id take even a tiny bit of pleasure from seeing them collapse

TOKS (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 10:26
Quote:
Siggy89
You sound deeply unpleasant.

He's probably not though. He's probably just p*ssed off with people coming on here and spouting off about salary cap abuses with no evidence whatsoever. And the other petty jealously levelled against a team doing well.

Having said that, little of that abuse has come from Tigers supporters who do strike me as some of the most fair-minded of all. I for one have always regarded Tigers as a force for good and their strength is also that of the Premiership and England.

Plenty of worse things out there. Shifting your team half-way up the country and forcing a football team out of their spiritual home with unreasonable rental terms. Behaving like the worst kind of football fans at an away premiership semi-final. Employing someone who very probably had non-consensual sex with a young lady.

Happy days. Bon weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2019 10:29 by TOKS.

JO'G (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 10:35
I've actually met Bramley Road on the train from st Pancras.

In fact quite the opposite of unpleasant. Bubbly full of life and optimistic. Also ironic and sarcastic

Nicer chap you could not meet

Siggy89 (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 12:42
Can only judge on what he posted and I'll stick with my view for now.

LutonS (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 13:42
I've been to Bramley Road but that's probably not the same.....

As for the Tigers good luck to 'em.

Roger G (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 18:52
It's very difficult to read somebody's character from message boards, or indeed any purely written media. You can't see smiles, twinkling eyes, frowns etc., which add so much to the basic words.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
29 June, 2019 14:52
I actually interpreted that as a humorously sarcastic joke, rather than a mean-spirited jib at Tigs.

So, as you say, web discussions are tough

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 11:10
There's always someone waiting to be offended - it happens on here too, so we're not innocent. It's a shame you can't put 'tone of voice' into text.(Sm108)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net