rugbyunion
Latest News:

R.I.P. - Sue Guscott
Sparksy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 12:51
Taken from her Facebook wall as posted by her son Gary on Sunday 11th October 2009:

Dear Friends of Susan Guscott, It is with great regret and sadness that I am informing you that Mum passed away last night at 10pm. She is a sadly missed wife, mum, granny, aunty, teacher and friend to many. Rest in peace.

Such a wonderful lady who faught so hard with her battle. Fondly remembered for her infectious giggles and wonderful sense of humour and more importantly her wonderful hugs.

My thoughts and condolences to her family and close friends at this sad time.

Re: R.I.P. - Sue Guscott
Peasedown Exile (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 12:59
My thoughts go to her family, she will be missed.

G and T (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 13:01
Very sad news - she will be much missed. RIP Sue. XX

Peter Short - Adopted Player 2010/11:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/bathbadger/ScreenShot004.jpg

RCC (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 13:20
Did Sue go by the moniker Taygus?

Sparksy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 13:32
Yes she did RCC

Fudpucker (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 13:38
I enjoyed meeting Sue over breakfast in Limerick when Bath played Munster a while back. Very down to earth lady who definitely had her own views on all things rugby, and a passionate Bath supporter. She will indeed be sadly missed by many.

TallRugbyGirl (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 14:02
I am so sad at this news. Sue was a very lovely and very funny woman (with a wicked sense of humour) and the Rec won't be as noisy without her. She will be very much missed.

Not sure what else to say really - I send my love to her husband and their children and grandchildren.

http://i32.tinypic.com/wswoqp.jpghttp://i19.tinypic.com/5xemudv.gif

touchline viewer (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 14:23
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to this lady several times at the Rec and also at some away games.

The Rec will miss her, along with all of those that met her.

Sad, sad news.

steve.b (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 14:33
enjoyed her company so much on coach trips and at the ground she will be sadly missed by both barb and i

Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 14:38
Very sad news, a real part of Bath rugby.

Condolences to her family.

I hope the club will honour her memory on Sunday.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 14:58
Very sad news and I count myself privileged to have met her.

My thoughts and condolences to the family.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Stir Crazy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 15:41
Am very, very sad to have lost a friend of over 20 years. A passionate Bath supporter, great sense of humour and always up for some fun. Rest in peace Sue - you will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with Slim, Jerry, Gary and ALL her extended family. x

Tom "Samson" Biggs - Adopted Player 2012/2013
Chris Cook - Adopted Player 2011/2012
Luke (THE LAW) Watson - Adopted Player 2010/11
Michael " Classy" Claassens - Adopted Player 2009/2010

Building a nice future VETS team!!!

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 16:23
Condolences to all, RIP Sue and Taygus.

Nothing can stop the Duke of Earl

RCC (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 16:41
Gutted. I didn't even know she was unwell.

I only met Sue on a couple of occasions, but whenever I did, she was the life and soul.

I recall having a drink with her in the clubhouse with my fiend Luke, who is 6'7". She made the old quip, "Oooh, if I were twenty years younger", which surprisingly made Luke blush a little.

After we'd supped up and left, Luke said what a lovely lady she was, and that for the past ten or fifteen minutes, she'd had been squeezing his rump!(Sm22)

sisteresther (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 17:03
So sad to hear this news, which I was aware was expected, but still a shock.

My prayers and condolenses to her husband, sons and grandchildren and all her family and friends.

I can remember a couple of times when I poured Sue into my car after an evening in the Premier Bar after a game, where she was a little worse for wear, and took her back home. She will be missed by many, and the Rec will be a less colourful place without her.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 17:38
So very sad to hear she has lost a courageous battle and is at peace!

It won't be the same without you Sue! You will be remembered and missed by many. Sincere sympathy and condolences to all her family and wide circle of friends.

One of my best memories of Sue is on the Supporters Coach - wonderful chats on the way there and back on all sorts of topics. Marching into the main members bar at Wasps with out blinking an eye with us in tow! But I always wondered what she sipped from that small silver thermos when the beers and wine ran out! I hadn't known here for nearly as long as most, but valued our friendship. Her forthright views and wicked sense of humour and above all her courage facing her illness.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Gary Guscott (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 17:45
Such kind words from you all. Thank you . There will be a service at the St Saviours church in Larkhall but the date has to be confirmed, all are welcome, it looks like it will be Monday the 19th but like I said this is yet to be confirmed. Thanks again.

Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 18:00
Our thoughts are with you and yours, Gary.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

Gary Guscott (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 18:04
if you have any pictures of mum please feal free to pass them onto gguscott@hotmail.com

Mike-s (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 18:20
very sad even if expected news , my prayers and best wishes go to Henry and the family ,

COME ON YOU BATH
!!!!!!!
BATH, BATH, WHEREVER WE MAY BE WE ARE THE BOYS FROM THE WEST COUNTRY , AND WE'LL BEAT YOU ALL WHOEVER YOU MAY BE , BEAT YOU ALL FOR THE WEST COUNTRY !
Mike-s, in exile in Bridgwater

Smiley Neil (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 18:22
Really sad news, Sue was a real part of the Bath rugby family for so many years. My thoughts are with you and your family, Gary.

theholdways (IP Logged)
12 October, 2009 20:36
oh how sad - my condolences to the family. Away trips on the coach wont be the same without her, she will be missed.

my glass is half full coz I drank it

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v169/77/43/582209155/s582209155_392827_1279.jpg

My adopted player 2011/12

gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 08:40
Arrived back to UK to see this sad news, my sincere condolences to family and friends.
When it came to Bath, that knowing look and combination of no fear and great fun.

Andy R (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 12:22
Like RCC I didn't know she was unwell.

Had the pleasure of meeting Sue at the Fat Blokes a few years ago, I remember her being great value and not mincing her words.

RIP Sue/Taygus. Best wishes to all of those left behind.

Lesley (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 12:56
Sue, such a lively, up-front kind of person. We will miss you. I think screw top wine bottles were made with Sue in mind. Rugby will be a little less without you Sue, rest in peace.

lesley

Gareth (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 13:53
Deeply saddened. Sue and I always got on like a house on fire every time we met and I stand with others in lauding her true sense of fun and wicked sense of humour. She will be much missed by all of us lucky enough to have known her.

http://www.bathrugby.com/tools/images/players/photos/2009/bath/1/120x120/4179.jpg
Lee Mears, the only player I can (nearly) look eye to eye with!!!

hasta (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 15:24
Very sad news. Rest in Peace.

A Lad In Sane (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 18:58
Very sad news indeed, she always had a very large smile whenever I saw her, she will be sadly missed by all that knew her, R.I.P. Sue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #COML hash-tag or #BATHFAMILY so we can find each other!

redneck17 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2009 20:32
Like Andy R I remember Sue fondly from the Fat Boys a couple of years back. Her and Stir kept me in bacon butties all weekend and she was such a laugh. She said what she thought and in my opinion there should be more people about like that. She certainly had an impact on me, as I asked Stir the following year if Sue would be in attendance again, and I remember being disappointed that she wasn't!

I'm sure she joined us in drinking all sorts of rubbish through Jay Jay's infamous tube??? If I'm correct,there are photos about somewhere aren't there?

God bless you Sue.

14 October, 2009 14:07

Robbinho (IP Logged)
14 October, 2009 14:27
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v108/39/114/590275601/n590275601_856493_267.jpg

There are a few more on the ERE facebook page.

Gary Guscott (IP Logged)
14 October, 2009 15:56
The Funeral service will be At St Saviours Church Larkhall Bath, Monday 19th 2.30.pm[size=x-large][/size]

Thank you Once again for all of your comments and story’s, they have put a smile on all of the family’s face. Cheers.

Flowers or donations, if desired, to Dorothy House, c/o Co-operative Funeralcare, Pulteney Road, Bath, BA2 4HP. Telephone 01225 314304 [b][/b]

14 October, 2009 16:55
We have lost a wonderful friend of nearly 45 years - our thoughts are with Henry and all the family.

14 October, 2009 18:28
Dear Sue's Family
We have been luckey to meet most of you via Susan Hill, we have been to birthday parties etc.
Sorry for your loss, will nto be able to attend funeral as away.
Love to Henry

memnoch (IP Logged)
14 October, 2009 20:06
I am truly saddend to hear this news. I met tay (didn't know her real name until now) at the fat blokes 2007,both her and Stir kept us Brizzlers on our toes both nights. She made a huge fuss of my then 4 month old daughter on the Saturday and then later that night the above photo was taken.
She was a truly lovely lady, with a wicked sense of humour, who seemed to live life to the full.

RIP Tay it was an honour to meet you.

Cath Burgess (IP Logged)
15 October, 2009 18:15
I have just found out the sad news about Sue. I had the pleasure to meet her on several occasions, the most notable being when we room shared in Dublin a few years back. She was such good company,such a laugh and a vast amount of alcohol was consumed that weekend. My condolences to all the family - her personality and presence will be greatly missed at the Rec.

TOKS (IP Logged)
16 October, 2009 12:54
What a shame. Commiserations from us at Sarries.

R.I.P Sue.

diana davis (IP Logged)
16 October, 2009 15:12
so sorry to hear about Sue she was such a laugh on the supporters bus. love and prayers to all her family.

21 October, 2009 17:22

The Primadonna (IP Logged)
21 October, 2009 20:24
Always remember our times on Tubbs tours. The tube will never be the same! So glad i had the privalage to meet such a nice and genuine woman, she will always be missed by me and many others im sure.

My best wishes go to the family.

Jayjay and Family xx

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net