rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Re: Face reality please-everyone!
marshie10 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 21:46
I started in February 2011. Ha I didn't think one could be criticised for contributing too much!

This evening has convinced me that ERE is probably a place I should read but not write on.

Goodnight one and all.

http://i54.tinypic.com/b54os4.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/2z57ns0.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/s6umg9.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/mvrxjr.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:04
Over policed?(Sm22)(Sm22)

...And m10 flounces out stage left!(Sm22)

See you soon!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:09
Hows yer dog Bod?

Mines fine and woofs alot
(Sm128)

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:15
There's trouble at t'mill.

fat lock (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:16
Deleted my original post.

Reason - I had typed about M10 trying to give my views why I feel it's his passion for the club that sometimes makes him type robustly.

On reflection I realised this thread may probably take an unpleasant turn as we all say what we think about a fellow poster.

I'd rather not go down that route and would ask others to resist that temptation.

Sincerely hope M10 continues to post even if he might need a few days off to clear his head.

FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2012 23:04 by fat lock.

22 January, 2012 22:23
m10 bLOWFELD THEN

m0rris (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:24
Marshie might well be an upfront poster who has upset a few people's apple cart but it would be a damn shame to lose him. He's got plenty of really, really good contacts at the club that allowing him to gather lots of information about signings and resignings long before people like Fissler even hear a whisper about them... I for one would miss him.

I know he's ruffled a few feathers but haven't we all in our time? I've made a complete @#$%& of myself on the internet a couple of times and left never to return to a few sites but I definitely wouldn't like him to disappear into the sunset.

Every poster fits into the forum in a different way... I take the classic sit in a corner and whisper @#$%& approach seeing as that is one of my personal strengths, others are more prepared to type what they think and IMHO as long as they don't go overboard just ignore them if they cause you displeasure.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:56
Surely it is good to remind ourselves that there are some very peculiar lurkers out there (none of you of course), and to be prudent as to what we post? This is in no way a private club with automatic loyalty to Bath Rugby.

Francois Louw
Proud to be wearing the BB&W and feared by all who play in the English Prem!

Puxonian (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 23:13
F
Quote:
Go on my sonner
Right Marshie
Please would any moderators correct me if wrong
Glen has not moderated on here for years.

You are new and please behave as if so, you little @#$%&.

If that doesn't qualify as personal abuse I'm not sure what does

Bod (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 23:55
He'll either flourish or flounder Pux - it's m10's call.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Bri (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 03:07
Marshie don't let them get you down.I have always enjoyed your posts and hope you continue to do so.you are right in so much of what you post,you will be a lost to this site,I read far worse posts from other posters.

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 07:18
Quote:
Go on my sonner
Right Marshie

Seriously ! That message goes a long way to explaining your Forum "name"...

What a terribly nice chap you must be in the flesh (Sm161)

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 08:43
Quote:
m0rris
He's got plenty of really, really good contacts at the club that allowing him to gather lots of information about signings and resignings long before people like Fissler even hear a whisper about them...

Do you know this for a fact? A lot of it seems to be common sense guesswork to me and I suspect his twitter monitoring is up to a high level.

Ian

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 09:03
Is Marshie really Malco?

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 09:51
Marshie as one who has been on the end of your wrath on more than one occassion, I still read your posts with interest and respect your opinion. (ie You believe/ think Mr Wilson is a good prorp and I don't!)

I do not take offence as my views are my views not everybodies and I can live with that. All the moderators are saying is respect/listen to other opinions and do not unsult them or call them names like in a playground.

If you have something to contribute and you usually do and its worth reading,. write it! Don't be afraid to express yourself as I have learnt one or two things from you and your inside knowledge which has changed my views -slightly! Everyone is different and seees things differently but this is no reason to withdraw your thoughts. It just adds to my belief that the majority on thsi site care passionately as I do about Bath Rugby!

I also believe this is a very well run forum in my eyes nd Cooch and the other moderators do a very unenviable task very well indeed. We will never all agree and as long as it is not insulting, we acn all sensibly debate the topics that occur.

I hope you do come back Marshie and if I ever meet you I will buy you a pint-as long as you promise not to throw it over me!!

m0rris (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 10:02
Quote:
Blocks2u
Do you know this for a fact? A lot of it seems to be common sense guesswork to me and I suspect his twitter monitoring is up to a high level.

Yep, I don't want to reveal any of his sources as that is for him to do but I've seen evidence from him that he does have contacts of some note at the clubs and it's more than just one person he seems to know a few people in all levels of the club.

I've also had a fair few PM exchanges with him over the past while and he was a very nice persson to deal with in those PMs.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 10:05
BoB Hear Hear! (Sm152)

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 10:10
http://cherrytart.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/group-hug.jpg?w=600

Awwwwwww!

23 January, 2012 11:09
Ex Bod, please can we get back to reality - and start annoying each other again!

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 18:09
Quote:
Go on my sonner
Right Marshie

Um, this is still here? Even with the censoring, I think everyone can work out what was said and it makes Marshe's comment pale in comparison.

hasta (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 21:00
Quote:
Um, this is still here? Even with the censoring, I think everyone can work out what was said and it makes Marshe's comment pale in comparison.

Can't speak for any of the other mods, but if someone wants to contradict themselves and make themselves look like an idiot in the same post, I've a mind to let it stand.

Oh, and yes, Glen is still part of the moderating group.

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 21:07
It might be unintentionally funny but the guy it's directed at has decided not to post anymore as a result.

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 21:15
He hasn't stopped posting because of that specific post. He's talked about quitting before.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Bod (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 22:12
....And, the band played on!

24 January, 2012 16:18
Back to reality and improving the lot of Bath Rugby....

I am reliably informed by a major sponsor of the club lots of very good things going on at the club and he is more than happy with the way things are and he will be keeping his company heavily financially involved.

Good news at last and hopefully we can turn the resulkts around in near time.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 17:59
Interesting Bob, I heard that a major sponsor is extending their sponsorship but at a reduced rate!

Ian

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 19:54
Hmmmm that could be either because they arn't doing so well or because their feelgood factor returns re. Bath Rugby are zilch, zero and therefore not worth the investment.

More special offers of 10 a ticket this weekend?

Francois Louw
Proud to be wearing the BB&W and feared by all who play in the English Prem!

24 January, 2012 20:56
If they were getting "zero zilch" out of their sponsorship, why woudl they renew at any rate?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Bod (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 22:41
Quote:
TCM2007
If they were getting "zero zilch" out of their sponsorship, why woudl they renew at any rate?

So that the Directors keep their allocation of HQ tickets Stu?

24 January, 2012 22:45
I think you have a strange view of the amounts of money involved!

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Bod (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 02:01
How long have you been Nick's agent Stu, and isn't your touting of the lad not somewhat tacky? Or desperate?

25 January, 2012 09:29
Eh?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Bod (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 10:37
Your signature seems like an attempt to assist in the marketing of the player - a bit scatter gun and not particularly sector focused but eye catching none the less.

25 January, 2012 19:30
Yes I imagine my signature will make a significant contribution to Nick, and, er, Nick's decision making.

"sector focused"? You increasingly dribble these phrases into your posts, which sound good until you think about them.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 19:37
Has Marshie gone then? Shame. I liked the way he kept insulting people he wanted to be on his side and his random, seemingly utterly unconscious belligerence. He'll be back. (Sm100)

27 January, 2012 01:36
Goodness me have I done something wrong.
Is this a rugby forum or something that people want to pick and choose about at intellectual level and just be crass about.

27 January, 2012 20:04
GOMS please be assured this is a rugby forum and I hope help everyone connected in any way with our once great club and game that this thread helps everyone focus on tghe reality of the current sitaution and what needs to be done to maintain our Premiership status by winning some games and hopefully restore the club back to where history and tradition demands we belong!

28 January, 2012 04:38
Quote:
Go on my sonner
Goodness me have I done something wrong.
Is this a rugby forum or something that people want to pick and choose about at intellectual level and just be crass about.

What?

Come back when you have a basic command of English.

Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 12:52
Old Bat - if you want a place that is free of mistakes in language and punctuation, I suggest you go to the OED website, not a rugby forum.

29 January, 2012 07:55
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Old Bat - if you want a place that is free of mistakes in language and punctuation, I suggest you go to the OED website, not a rugby forum.

I just want a place where people at least make a basic effort to be literate........

WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 08:35
"Is this a rugby forum or something that people want to pick and choose about at intellectual level and just be crass about."

This sentence does not make clear it's meaning. Is it not reasonable that fellow posters request that posters make their thoughts clear?

The poster implies that being "intellectual" involves being "crass" does it not?

Whatever it is, it is semi illiterate and therefore irritating, in my humble opinion.

Fight!

BBandW (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 09:08
Maybe its time for a Stalinist purge of the intellectuals on this site ?

(Sm118)

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 10:45
Quote:
Maybe its time for a Stalinist purge of the intellectuals on this site ?

Let me know when you find one! winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 11:53
Bod needn't worry, nor Brian, bless him. But Stuart....I can hear the tumbrils lining up, the drums rolls drumming and the swish of the blade falling!

[wiki.answers.com]

29 January, 2012 16:39
Lots of reality on Saturday!

1. Our scrum was very poor at the beginning against Saints second string props.
2. Hooper is not up to standard and scrum improved when he unfortuantely had to leave the field. Spencer was doing his bit with Super Ryan in the sceond row.
3.Line out also creaked but some of the refs 'not straights' were rediculous.
4.Louw is a class act. End of story!
5.Donald is beginning to run the show
6.Taylor is also very good at the unseen 'dirty work'!
7.Flats binding late or otherwise is a liability which we can afford to be without.
8.In Biggs and Woodburn we have two agressive wingers with pace to burn. I wish some of the others showed as much commitment as Biggsy does in the tackle and chase.
9. Chasing pays off
10.Can Danny be persuaded to put his boots on until Attwood returns?
11. Olly Barclay needs to spend time on the track to increase his speed. He has lost some pace.
Give Classy clean quick ball and we play at tempo! Simple.
12. Beating Newcastle, Worcester, Glaws and Wasps are a must and minimum for our survival in the Premeirship.
13 . Am Bruce Craig would love to have Mr Dysan sitting at the same boardroom table as him with his cheque book out!
14. It was Saints Wanderers side after all but we still had to win the game which we did comprehensively!

Lots of positives to build on here Bath and I wonder how others see things!

29 January, 2012 16:46
Mostly agree, but 12 - lose even one of those games and we'll be relegated? Is that really what you think?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

02 February, 2012 17:58
Am happier after signings but still need reality guys and gals over the all important league position. This is where our bread and butter lies and on what the club will need to build its future and how we are perceived in the order of things.

Also good league position means HC Rugby and more cash better players and hopefully a full Rec to pay for all BC's input.

19 February, 2012 19:02
Well guys and gals, what do we think of saturday and IMHO it proved the reality check we needed after the 'soft' 4 victories!

This was a League game as well as being a derby and had MUST win written all over it if we apsired to anything resembling a change of our beloved club's fortunes.

We regreatbly came up short and lost a game which with a little more application and sheer guts we could have won. Glwas let us back into the game and Olly shoiuld have nailed the penalty just before half time that would have brought us back to 11 all. But i think Olly's kicking is 'off' form and I watched olly practicing before the game and he only landed 3 out of 6 attempts. Why don't we use young Tom as he has shown he is fearless and hits the ball very cleanly and with lots of confidence which Olly has plainly lost?

Our front 5 did try but came up short against an abrasive and stronger unit although I thought Catty had possibly his best game for the BB & W and certainly put in a lot more work around the park than Flats would have done! Even Hoops was more agressive and Ryan certainly was although by the end he had been beaten into submission. Taylor did not want to knwo when the rough stuff started and nor did Skirving. Francois was fantastic and fought a lonely battle on his own at the breakdown.

Because our front 5 did not get any go forward and tie in their back row, Claasen was getting very slow ball and usually a man as well but Glwas never got pinged for their 'lazy' runners getting in his way and our back row not clearing them out of the way.

This meant Tom got slow ball and our backs took it standing still so many times and Barclay at first receiver much of the game looked very harrassed and Banahan completely lost at centre.

Biggs was well Biggsy and was all agression and pace. I wish the rest of the team had his pound for pound agressive instincts and we would do much better. IMHO I thought Woodburn had a good although his inexperience was shown up once or twice, he made one or two very good runs and tackles.

Vesty tackled well but his kicking out of hand was lamentable. If we had the spare full back on the bench why didn't he get on?

Ovens should have been on for Taylor at half time and Mercer for much earlier than he was.

Overall we ewre out fought, out thought, our basic skill levels were derisory and we kicked rare ball away with regularity and very poorly with little sign of any concerted chase to put them under pressure. If this was to orders, why didn't the players on the pitch change the tactics themselves?

If we cannot beat a Glaws side not playing very well, we do not stand a chance against a rampant, enthusiastic, confident, play for each other, never say die side like Exeter next week. We will loose on this form by more than 10 and next up are Worcester who ran Quins very close away from home. Sorry guys I do not believe we are out of the relegation scrap as yet.especailly as Newcastle appear to be finding some form and fight and Wasps are the same.

Bath MUST GET AT LEAST A LBP NEXT WEEK AND BEAT WORCESTER.
we are scrapping in the basement and the sooner we realise it the better.

19 February, 2012 19:13
"Not out of the relegation scrap" - up to that point you were talking a lot of sense.

I think you normally predict that we'll lose the next game by more than 10. Your track record ain't so hot on that this year.

If we were so deeply terrible, why were we level with 10 mins to go and lost by a single kick? That must make Glaws an almost equally terrible side - possibly true but they are top half according to the table!

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Bri (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:14
Our pack did ok.face reality.Tom Heathcote is not ready for the Premiership yet and you can't have youngsters out their who can't tackle.
We could have won it but IMHO we picked the wrong side,all our players gave their all but just came up short,Gloucester were n't that much better than us and until the last line out we were still very much in it.
I agree I would have used the bench earlier

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net