rugbyunion
Latest News:
 

Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
joehousewife (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:11
Anyone any news on Eastmond? Not looking likely we'll see him again this season really, is it?

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
pubtime (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:22
Not sure but it was great to see Fearns training with the squad this morning during the Captains run...

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
joehousewife (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:28
And Moody Pubtime? Was Fearns looking in decent nick? I know its only a run but...

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Humpo (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:40
Joo,

Last week in the warm up for the Newcastle game, Fearns seemed to be giving it absolutely everything doing his shuttle runs but looked absolutely donald ducked afterwards which isn't a surprise. I CANNOT wait for Fearns to come in at 6 with Louw at 7 and Taylor at 8. What a back row that will be.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
joehousewife (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:43
Thats great news, on paper we look potentially so good! With players like Mears,AP,Attwood,Classy,SD,Banners,Biggs,Bendy,Taylor,Louw and Ferns we really should 'Kick-on'

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
pubtime (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:48
well it was said that he was back to full fitness but obviously not match fit yet..
According to Bendy who was on the mic addressing the small crowd today Moody is fully fit and he anticipated him being in the match day squad.. Clearly he isn't for whatever reason....

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:56
I'd heard PT that Moody was due to be in the squad, so maybe something happened yesterday?

Eastmond was supposedly out for 4 weeks with a hamstring strain that happened just before the Saints game so would expect him to be fit week after next if not next week. Big problem for him that they have Woodburn, Banahan, Carraro and Biggs for the wings as well as Williams and Hipkiss to return. As such, it's probably less about him being fit and more whether the club are willing to drop a more established player from the bench in order to give him some game time.

Humpo I totally agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fearns, Louw and Taylor!!! SO exciting!!! Hopefully Fearns will be fit enough for a spot on the bench for either Exeter or Worcester. Can't wait!

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:06
Said it at the time, he was a waste of money and is the "new" Chev Walker.
It's also hard to see exactly who he would be able to dislodge from the current side.

If the Club felt it necessary to import from RL they should have put all the money into getting Sam Tomkins over, they didn't and now he's signed a 3(?) year contract....

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
cheekywatson (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:19
good to see Skuse training as well.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Aidan (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:37
Quote:
joehousewife
Anyone any news on Eastmond? Not looking likely we'll see him again this season really, is it?
Due back in about a fortnight, so he'll have 6-7 matches.
Whilst I don't see him displacing anyone currently, there wno't be any united games to give him time on the pitch, and I doubt we'd be allowed to farm him out on a DR, but we might on a "remainder of the season" deal.
If we don't, then expect to see him on the bench for most of those matches - you don't learn how to play a new sport by not playing it.
Follow that up with a full pre-season and he ought to be ready to go next year.

Personally, I'd favour farming him out, get game time in an easier environment, but somewhere close enough to keep very close contact with the Bath coaches (eg Clifton/Taunton have a few to play, and should play at a standard that wouldn't expose his weaknesses).


Edit: I though DR deals were age limited, with Kyle being too old - but of course, he's the same age as Josh (actually, according to wiki, he's 6 days younger), so should be eligible for DR



https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD




Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2012 14:38 by Which Tyler.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Bri (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:43
Eastmond told me he would be playing full back.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Aidan (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:50
Quote:
Brian4455
Eastmond told me he would be playing full back.
I thought we knew that much (FB for now, look to move inside later)


https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Humpo (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 15:25
I doubt very much he will be playing full back after we re-signed Bendy on quite an expensive deal I would presume. I think he will start on the wings with the view to move inwards, replacing Barkley in a few years time at 12.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 16:33
Fearns to be up for selection for the Exeter match.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
mines a black rat (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 22:38
Hasn't Sam Tomkins been rumoured to of signed an agreement to join Saffacens after the next rugby league world cup.



Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Tall Paul (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 22:44
Quote:
Old Bathonian
Said it at the time, he was a waste of money and is the "new" Chev Walker.
It's also hard to see exactly who he would be able to dislodge from the current side.

Wow! I've read some unfounded rubbish on ERE before but this is almost comical! Kyle is rated every bit as high as Sam Tomkins by all of the league fans I know! And more highly rated than Joel. He is certainly nothing like Chev or even Hape as a league player and is far more similar to Jason Robinson in terms of size and skill set. Funny how you ignore that. But after seeing him play for less than 30 mins in a Bath shirt I'm sure you're right. In fact I don't even know why we should bother to give him a chance. (Sm161)

If he lives up to his potential then he will have no problem getting game time in the back three, but I believe the idea (as previously mentioned) is to move him inside to use his kicking and distribution skills. Personally I cannot wait for him to be match fit!

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
pubtime (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 23:35
Tall Paul thanks for replying .... I was going to but couldn't be bothered!! such sewarage OB spouts

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 00:04
Quote:
Tall Paul
Quote:
Old Bathonian
Said it at the time, he was a waste of money and is the "new" Chev Walker.
It's also hard to see exactly who he would be able to dislodge from the current side.

Wow! I've read some unfounded rubbish on ERE before but this is almost comical! Kyle is rated every bit as high as Sam Tomkins by all of the league fans I know! And more highly rated than Joel. He is certainly nothing like Chev or even Hape as a league player and is far more similar to Jason Robinson in terms of size and skill set. Funny how you ignore that. But after seeing him play for less than 30 mins in a Bath shirt I'm sure you're right. In fact I don't even know why we should bother to give him a chance. (Sm161)

If he lives up to his potential then he will have no problem getting game time in the back three, but I believe the idea (as previously mentioned) is to move him inside to use his kicking and distribution skills. Personally I cannot wait for him to be match fit!

Take a copy of this and post it again in a year.

I doubt if he'll be anywhere near Bath by then.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 00:15
Quote:
pubtime
Tall Paul thanks for replying .... I was going to but couldn't be bothered!! such sewarage OB spouts

Insults really don't have the desired effect when they are nonsense.

Sewage is what you meant. Sewerage is the infrastructure that conveys sewage.

The Comprehensive system has so much to answer for.........

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 01:15
I normally don't respond to these posts OB because I'm sick of reading people abusing each other and selected individuals from the club. You've had it in for Kyle before he even walked through the door and it's pathetic. The sad thing is that as you know your argument has no basis of fact you've resorted to petty insults and offence. Your level of snobbery does not make you look superior, but ignorant, and adds me to the list of people on this board who are fed up with the drivel you spout.

What you have clearly proved is not only that you know very little about rugby, but also that you lack the intelligence to come up with a reasoned and informed argument.

I have loved the number of new posters on the board over the last few days. It's great that the Glos match brings lots of people here to contribute to something I am very fond of. Sadly it's the likes of you who make ERE feel like an exclusive club to those new to the site and stops them reading or contributing.

I'm sure you will have an erudite response to this or will maybe demand to know which school I attended. Perhaps you'd like to know my post code or how much money I earn. Maybe I should tell you what my father does for a living so you can 'properly' judge me. In reality I don't care, just like I don't care for your attitude to others.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 05:30
Quote:
Tricky=Legend
I normally don't respond to these posts OB because I'm sick of reading people abusing each other and selected individuals from the club. You've had it in for Kyle before he even walked through the door and it's pathetic. The sad thing is that as you know your argument has no basis of fact you've resorted to petty insults and offence. Your level of snobbery does not make you look superior, but ignorant, and adds me to the list of people on this board who are fed up with the drivel you spout.
What you have clearly proved is not only that you know very little about rugby, but also that you lack the intelligence to come up with a reasoned and informed argument.

I have loved the number of new posters on the board over the last few days. It's great that the Glos match brings lots of people here to contribute to something I am very fond of. Sadly it's the likes of you who make ERE feel like an exclusive club to those new to the site and stops them reading or contributing.

I'm sure you will have an erudite response to this or will maybe demand to know which school I attended. Perhaps you'd like to know my post code or how much money I earn. Maybe I should tell you what my father does for a living so you can 'properly' judge me. In reality I don't care, just like I don't care for your attitude to others.


To show how much I am, in fact, a man of the people,

"Am I bovvered?"

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Bri (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 06:58
Moving on,you have got to really feel for the youngster,heis a sportsman who is wanting to play.
I amsurethe club knew they were taking a chance with him as with all rugby league players,if it comes off we could have a awesome player on board.Let's give the guy a chance.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
pubtime (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 07:17
yes OB exactly my point..you are the infrastructure that conveys (a lot of) sewage!! I'm pleased you picked up on that, you said it sooo much better than me! Blast that comprehensive system!!!! Although if my memory serves me well I went to some public school in the deepest darkest depths of Somerset.... waste of money I'd say smiling smiley

anyway as you say insults don't have the desired effect especially when they are nonsense...

Judging an individual based on the performance of another is also nonsense!! getalife (ancient gaulish plank who inanely irritated his fellow villagers)

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
bathstigg (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 09:28
Give Kyle Eastmond the chance to play.He joined us in November on a three year deal.Injuries have been frustrating but he is very much a player for the future not the now. Please dont judge a player before he has played.

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 09:54
I tend to agree Bathstig and from the very brief cameo appearance we have seen of him, he is very committed and wants to play! Chav Walker never appeared to me to be remotely interested but I think Kyle may prove to be different! Hope so anyway!

 
Re: Eastmond? Will we see him again this season?
ziderman (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 11:13
Just give the lad a chance ... without evidence, this current spat is pointless.


Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?