18 February, 2012 20:50
Exeter Away. Be lucky to get a losing bonus point. 1 Point

Worcester Home. Win 4 Points

Quins Away Loss 0 Points

Saints Home Loss 1 point

Sale Away Loss 1 point

Wasps Home Win 5 points

Leicester Away Loss 0 points

12 points. Can't see us making top 6. Amlin next season unless we can win the LV.

Am I being negative or realistic?

Re: Remaining Premiership Games
TCM2007 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:54
I think we can win at Exter, but your conclusion seems right.

Stuart

Former ed.

ballsout (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:57
Annoyingly we don't get to play Wasps till much later, their form could pick up in the next two months, as Newcastle's have.

I'd settle for 11th at this point.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:59
I see Quins only scraped a win over Wuss, and Exeter over Wasps.

Things are getting closer.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bri (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 01:52
Can't see us beating Worcester at home,certainly not certain 4 pts.

Gussieboy (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 07:56
On current form I would have to agree - can't see us winning next week, it'll be a tougher game than Glos and we're just not very good.

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 08:41
Quote:
TCM2007

Given the evidence of how both Teams are playing at the moment what makes you think we can beat Exeter.

I'm not not "having a go", this is a genuine question.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:13
Yes indeed, do tell Stuart?

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:21
Agree,please tell can't see us beating Exeter.

Gussieboy (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:23
All the time we had any chance of top 6 we have not shown the fight, the savvy or the balls to front up, now that this chance has surely evaporated I can't see this bunch actually being remotely interested in the league and am certianly not expecting them to suddenly pick themselves up and start playing some rubgy - just do enough to stay ahead of the bottom one or two and concentrate on the LV cup will I'm sure be the order of the day - screw the league and the paying fans.

Bod (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:28
A bit harsh Jim.
But painfully prescient.
The trouble with Ere at times is that its inhabitants can occasionally be most "Greek" in their avoidance of accepting the bleeding obvious and the prophet will be shot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 10:46
Wasps in real danger after Newcastle won yesterday?

For us we can only hope our style can still change in time to make a difference.

Run from deeper, cut some angles, play out wider, trust our backs, give our forwards some reward for all their undoubted efforts.

Anyone got time to visit Farleigh and run a session? Bod?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 11:03
Quote:
Old Bathonian
Quote:
TCM2007

Given the evidence of how both Teams are playing at the moment what makes you think we can beat Exeter.

I'm not not "having a go", this is a genuine question.

There's no significant difference in ability between the mid ranking sides who have won 6, 7 or 8 out of 15 games, with the exception of Leicester. Any can beat any other, and that includes us beating Exe.

They got the narrowest of wins over the current worst team in the league on form, Wasps, yesterday.

I don't think it's a nailed on certainty, but I see no reason why we can't go there and win.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bri (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 11:06
I'm sure Exeter will have a different attitude playing us at home,than Wasps away.

cheekywatson (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 11:07
pests to go down.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 11:49
Quote:
cheekywatson
pests to go down.

It's still unlikely - however looking at Wasps' remaining fixtures there are no easy rides. And their last game of the season is....

......Newcastle at home. smoking smiley

m0rris (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 11:55
If Nuke can scrape another win, which IMHO is entirely possible, then that last match decides who goes down... and with the changes at Falcons I can easily see it being Pests. Whether they'll return is another matter.

terracehugger (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 13:12
With the players we have, there is no reason to be overly pessimistic about our remaining games.
However........
Carraro must be at 13 with Banners either on the wing or being brought on as an impact.
Classy has got to be much quicker at getting the ball out to the backs, and he must improve his woeful kicking.
If Bendy remains injured then play Cuthbert at 15. Vesty has had too many shockers with his kicking.
In general, when we have the ball, keep it, as we are totally lacking in kicking skills apart from Ollie, Perenise and Mearsy.
Also possibility of Fearns coming back.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 13:13
I'd say that Quins and Saints are the only matches we simply can't win. The Liecester match on the final day will likely depend on how they want to play it, if they're already safe in the top 4, but no hope of top 2, they may well rest several players for the play-offs for example, if it's all to play for they'll be an entirely different proposition.

There's very little between Exeter, Glos, Sale, Irish, Bath and Wuss; and any of those teams can easily beat any of the others depending on how things go on the day.
Currently, Sale, Irish and ourselves seem to be low on confidence, but that can all change with the bounce of a ball.

Now I'm not saying I expect us to win those 4 matches, but I expect all 4 of those to be close.
I'd expect us to beat Wasps, but it's possible by then they'll have turned things around, or be fighting for their survival. I'd also say we've a good chance of beating Wuss at the Rec. Exeter and Sale away are do-able, but big asks, I'd say we're better than either on paper, but not on the pitch.

We're a mid-table team, playing mid-table rugby positioned in the mid-table. Last few years we were amongst the best of the mid-table teams, currently we're amongst the worst.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 13:14 by Which Tyler.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 13:27
Quins form is on the slide. I think they will be favourites, but not a "can't win".

I would be extremely surprised to beat Saints or Leicester.

Stuart

Former ed.

OLoingseach (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 13:33
I expected us to lose against Saints last year at home, but didn't we get a winning bonus point?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 13:42
Yep, tries for Banners (3), Carraro and Vesty. If only we still had players like that...

It was during the 6N though.

Stuart

Former ed.

19 February, 2012 14:36
Its going to be interesting and nerve racking at the same time it all depends on wat players are available for both sides
Bath have beaten Exeter twice last season and at the Rec so its all possible

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 15:06
Quote:
OLoingseach
I expected us to lose against Saints last year at home, but didn't we get a winning bonus point?

We did but we were playing their 2nd XV......

nick holder (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:23
I can not see how we will overtake enough sides to get into the top 6.Mind you after the embarrassment of the HC in the last 2/3 seasons do we wnat to get in.
If we do not progress into the LV final then we wil have nothing left to play for, so what would be the risk at that point in changing the coaching set up?

Bod (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:34
The sooner that changes nh, the sooner the new incumbents can assess the scenario and plan their changes for next season.
We clearly have BC2s mission statement from the programme, but certainly not the architects and facilitators.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 20:21
Remember 7th may qualify if Sarries win the HC, so you shouldn't give up too soon.

Stuart

Former ed.

Utility Back (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 20:28
Does 7th also qualify if Leicester or Saints win the LV?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 20:31
No

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 21:17
Quote:
TCM2007
Remember 7th may qualify if Sarries win the HC, so you shouldn't give up too soon.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z7R51HgwEtI/Tf0AV0HoaRI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/eMo9Sp5BJdg/s320/wylie131.jpg

You is touched Stu!

joehousewife (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 09:44
I think we can win more than is first predicted at the top of the thread. Add Donald,Attwood,bendy,ferns and Moody back in the mix, firmer grounds, some confidence from the LV. I'd certainly hope we can beat Worcs and Wasps at home and Sale away and pick up another win and some bp's. Come on team, positive.

The player we miss more than I could possibly imagine is bendy!!! He adds so much. Along with Louw 1st on the sheet IMHO.

20 February, 2012 09:55
Simply can't agree with Joe. We should not be relying on a handful of players to win games, or even get a LBP.

IMHO, there are far more issues to sort out than individual players availability or not. Its going to be very close indeed in the bottom 4 and just hoping for the return of a few, and keeping fingers crossed that none of the 3 (currently) below us find form in the next month or so, is not the way we should be regarding and supporting our team.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

joehousewife (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:06
I think it'll come good. Availibility of players is key in any sport. At this stage in his career Donald is better than heathcote, Bendy is better than Vesty x 3, Ferns,Louw and Taylor would make a back row rivaling any in the prem and Attwood is the best 2nd row at the club, I'm afraid I can't agree that not having these players available doesn't make a difference.
Agreed it's not the overall solution but coupled with firmer grounds which I think will suit our pack, Catt,AP,Mears,Louw,Ferns,Skivs,ovens will all go well.
Lets return to this at the end of the season and I'll doth my cap to you if we are still in the bottom 4, I think we'll amass a further 17-21pts.

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:12
Quote:
joehousewife
I think we'll amass a further 17-21pts.

That glass of yours is really half full...grinning smiley

Personally I think we'll probably get another 9 points

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:16
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
joehousewife
I think we'll amass a further 17-21pts.

That glass of yours is really half full...grinning smiley

Personally I think we'll probably get another 9 points

And yours is drained to the dregs.

Given we play two teams below us in the league at home, I guess that means you think we will get absolutely nothing from the other five remaining matches?

Stuart

Former ed.

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:19
I am certainly more of a glass half empty type. I was thinking 4pts against Wasps and Worcester with losing bonus point at Sale. will be delighted to be proved wrong by the team though.

20 February, 2012 10:19
Agreed about come the end of the season.
Worrying about the return of better more experienced players is like putting a sticking plaster over a cut jugular IMHO.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:22
Odd in our favour: Wuss, Wasps

Odds pretty even: Exeter, Sale

Odds against us: Leicester, Saints, Quins

If I had to guess, 15pts (3 wins, 3 LBPs)

Stuart

Former ed.

Humpo (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:42
I know this is maybe a rash suggestion but why not experiment with the team for the remaining Prem Games (very unlikely we will go down). Let's chuck the ball about a bit and maybe line up something like this when Kyle is fit again:

Cook
Donald
Biggs
Barkley
Eastmond
Banahan
Bendy

We won't do so, but hey. Just a thought. Very keen to see Eastmond play.

Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:24
Well I'm really glad I got the first one wrong. Hopefully the Worcester game will be correctwinking smiley

johnnyf (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:34
We're currently averaging about 3 points a game.
It was about 2 per game before Christmas.
So let's go for a (minimum) of 18 points for the final 6 games - not an unachievable scenario.
Winning down at Exeter should be the boost to move on!

joehousewife (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:47
Well that's 4 out of my 17-21 so far (Sm128)

DA Bath (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:59
My prediction is that Wasps will be relegated by the 2012 edition of the St George's Day Massacre.

If Irish can beat Wasps next weekend I really can't see Wasps winning another game before round 22.

Newcastle on the other hand have Sale at home and Worcester away, they will also fancy their chances at home to Quins this weekend. I also wouldnt be surprised if Sarries, having already secure a home semi, send the reserves up to Newcastle on the friday night before we play Wasps. If Newcastle can win 3 of these 4 games we could be the ones to send Wasps down.

King Curtis (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 15:06
I would bloody love to send Wasps down.

Haskell moving form Super Rugby to the RFU Championship! Hahaha!

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 15:18
Pleased to see the team proved me wrong with 4pts at Exeter.

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 21:51
Quote:
Barters
I would bloody love to send Wasps down.
Haskell moving form Super Rugby to the RFU Championship! Hahaha!

Their plight is not helped by Flutey and Wentzel out for the rest of the season!

My monry is stillon Newcastle though!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net