rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Re: Rob Hawkins
the gaffa (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:06
"'The player clearly intended to pull Hawkins' arm backwards after the whistle had been blown so that the ball became available and his side could play the ball quickly.'"

many of the posts have been repeative (Sm105)

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:17
Quote:
the gaffa
"'The player clearly intended to pull Hawkins' arm backwards after the whistle had been blown so that the ball became available and his side could play the ball quickly.'"
many of the posts have been repeative (Sm105)

...including RFU statements highlighting Clarke's motives and making the foamers look like morons...but in a nice, nonviolent way...

I had a County Trial once...

they found me guilty.....

OFP

the gaffa (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:45
"making the foamers look like morons" Mmmm. (Sm147)

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 18:34
Quote:
Old Fat Prop

Have you considered following orienteering? Its nonviolent and might help you from getting lost.

Thanks for the suggestion OFP, if rugby was full of players like Clark, I would be happy to take up other sports.

Fortunately it's not.

Maybe you should be pointing Clark toward orienteering as he'll need something to do with his time for a while and he obviously needs some direction.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 18:45
I think he is teaching judo this summer.

OFP

the gaffa (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 19:02
Judo, "meaning " the gentle way"

"force an opponent to submit by joint locking"

Maybe needs to learn the meaning before he demonstates

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 19:27
Looked like judo to me. How about forcing a cheating player off the ball? Fault his technique? But Hawkins did finally let go of the ball...

B
Perhaps a few sessions for the lads at the castle on the hill above the Rec.

OFP

the gaffa (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 19:36
How about forcing a cheating player off the ball

By breaking his arm? Ok then if thats good for you fine.
Enough said.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 20:14
According to the RFU ruling the injury was not intentional. Clark was punished for his clumsiness. Tigers shamed into giving Hawkins a contract...... Happy ending....

Some of you struggle accepting the rule of law...

Your lynch mob rule just will not work against us civilized folk.

accept it and move on.... and stay off my vvcking ball.....

OFP

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 21:48
Nice weather weve had recently

Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 22:05
OFP - if you understood the first thing about the law you might realize where Clark should be sleeping for the next few months.

But then physical violence with the aim of injuring the oppo seems to be the reason rugby is played in your warped mind.

Too many of your few brain cells clearly deadened in the engagement when you played.

Shame you live 150 years too late and on the wrong side of the pond.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 22:41
Boyu,

the RFU has ruled and stated....

Hawkins contributed to te event by continueing to old the ball up afte rhis penalty...

the inury was unintentional ....

...and Clark is not a thug...

And so says the discliplinary committee of Rugby Football Union....

just as I have said all along.....

It is you who are out of touch, bitter and twisted....

Stay safe... its only a game...

Your Hero,
OFP

OFP

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 00:08
They most certainly did not rule that Hawkins contributed to it.

You are correct that they believed him that it was unintentional. It's beyond me how they reached that conclusion.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:54
It would seem that many things are beyond you Stew, but alas we are faced with much more pressing issues than "standard on pitch fisticuffs "

The club is in a shambles.

OFP

Purebob (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 05:27
OFP

This incident has polarised opinion for sure. I think if this had been a Tiger cranking one of YOUR boys arm off your view may well be different but thats just what we rugby fans do smiling smiley

Fact is yours or my opinion matters not a jot now, the RFU verdict is in and the longest ban ever imposed in English rugby is in effect. Clark will play again on November 2nd.

You and some others will applaud his return as a prodigal son. I suggest 95% of the rest of the rugby world will always consider him to be a scumbag thug, and he will know this. That "sentence" will be somewhat longer lasting than 32 weeks.

Still a good chance he will be back playing before Rob Hawkins which is pretty rum.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 11:58
PB,
This thread has been great fun and I have enjoyed reading how many here run out of valid points and start screaming for torches after two posts.

Our own matt Stevens coped a two year ban for drugs. So clarks ban pales in comparison.

I think we will see more of this unless refs deal with strategic cheating. I am sure Hawkins will be back killing ball much before Clark returns from
Elba

OFP

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 12:14
I'd rather see Hawkins back killing ball than have to retire on medical grounds - I would expect the ref to deal with it of course.

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 13:28
At least we started with a valid point OFP...

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Rucking Carl (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 15:08
OFP - You are a better spin doctor than Alistair Campbell ever was. Well done! Have you ever considered political work?

Everything I have posted here is my opinion, it in no way reflects actual fact, except when it actually does, although that will not be often.

Please do not take offence if I call your favourite player rubbish or say he plays out of position.

I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Mine is most likely to be right though.

I also think cricket is rubbish! This is fact.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 17:23
Quote:
Rucking Carl
OFP - You are a better spin doctor than Alistair Campbell ever was. Well done! Have you ever considered political work?

Carl this was a fair bit of target practice on the banjo playing element here who only see black blue and white.

The old ways of clearing rucks were much better so when the laws changed we get whole new interpretations on the old kick to the face. This was one of them.

I have to laugh at the outcry against Clark from so called long term fans of the game.

You can probably take 10 posts from this thread and have a pretty good debate on what are acceptable levels of response on slowing up the ball.

But with Dribbler from devizies babling and Bod and Stew talking themselves in large indignant circles we soon get distracted.

But that is what ERE is these days when the foamers get up in arms.

OFP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 18:36 by Old Fat Prop.

Bod (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 18:13
How did you work that out OFP?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 18:42
Quote:
Ex-Bod
How did you work that out OFP?

Odd,

I worked it out by putting your posts through a manure spreader and seeing if anything was left.

Only a few odd sylables I'm afraid.

But I have been in touch with a few farmers over near Wiltshire and they would be happy for you to come by and expound on your ideas...

Every Cloud, eh Odd......

OFP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 18:43 by Old Fat Prop.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net