rugbyunion
Latest News:

Richie Rees - Leaving Blues
winger90 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 10:58
Cardiff Blues' Welsh international scrum-half Richie Rees has announced he is leaving at the end of the season, but has not revealed his new club. As soon as I saw this I wondered what people would think of him at Bath? If McMillan is released then he is good competition for Claassens, and would be a good person for Cook to learn from. At present, Rees hasnt announced where he is going to be playing next year.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Richie Rees - Leaving Blues
Boy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:20
Wasn't it Rees who once laid down a fairly high profile challenge to Dylan Hartley to 'meet him around the back of the stands' to settle some squabble or other?

I'm sure OFP would love him.

20 March, 2012 11:25
Rees is okay. Back up at best.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:29
Why is it that every time a player is released from his club that someone links him to Bath? I'm not having a go at the OP but Rees is pretty average and I'd be really disappointed if we signed him. Besides, I think MMM is going to stay.

Bri (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:36
I hope MMM stays,his performance against Worcester Caviliers compared with Cooks in the same game showed me Cooks not ready and MMM is.

Humpo (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:53
MMM's and Cook's performance in that game show that they are nowhere near ready for 1st team rugby.

We need a new scrum half who is better than Classens or we will continue to consistently fire as a back line.

Yes, when Classens plays well, we play well, but this is not often or anywhere near consistent enough.

Boy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:54
Because everyone likes new and exciting things, Marshie, regardless of whether or not they really need them.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:57
SZ, I hope people aren't excited by the prospect of Richie Rees! That's like getting excited by the prospect of a round of golf with Ed Miliband!!

ballsout (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:58
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
Wasn't it Rees who once laid down a fairly high profile challenge to Dylan Hartley to 'meet him around the back of the stands' to settle some squabble or other?
I'm sure OFP would love him.

That was Gareth Williams, Blues hooker

Boy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:58
<insert joke about Ed Miliband's handicap>

Boy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:19
Quote:
ballsout

Right you are. I was confusing that with the gouging ban which Rees copped for trying to use Hartley's face like a bowling ball.

Bod (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:20
Wasps bound I'd wager

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Aidan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:31
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
Quote:
ballsout

Right you are. I was confusing that with the gouging ban which Rees copped for trying to use Hartley's face like a bowling ball.
No, no, you've got it all wrong!
Haven't you read Gwlad?
It was a travesty of justice, as that vicious Hartley was attacking Rees' fingers with his eyelids.

Sorry about that, I came over all Welsh there; I must be living too close to the dyke

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2012 12:32 by Which Tyler.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net