rugbyunion
Latest News:

Webber out for rest of the season
Boy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 11:57
Couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Rob Webber's played his last game for Wasps after tearing his rotator cuff in Paris. Wonder how much of a pre-season he'll manage with us.

Story here

Re: Webber out for rest of the season
Tall Paul (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:04
Not great news for Wasps or us... Anyone know how long that takes to repair? (Which?)

Bod (IP Logged)
It was in the tea leaves when he signed!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
Have Wasps actually got a 15 left?

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:07
Quote:
Ex-Bod
It was in the tea leaves when he signed!

Another failing of the coaching team. Attack and tasseography not covered. Wouldn't happen under SMee.

Aidan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 12:23
Quote:
Tall Paul
Not great news for Wasps or us... Anyone know how long that takes to repair? (Which?)
Depends on the severity, if bad enough for surgery, then I'd be thinking of around 2 months; could be up to 18 months though if really bad (18 months for full, 100% recovery, which never happens in professional rugby; if that's his prognosis, expect him to be good enough for selection in 4-6 months, with me getting angry about it if I've seen the actual prognosis)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

retired (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 13:02
"Surgery is also indicated in active individuals who use the arm for overhead work or sports. Pitchers, swimmers, and tennis players are common examples."

Taken from the interweby thing

Gussieboy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 13:10
I'm sure I read somewhere that he would be out of action for 5-6 weeks, but I can['t remember where.

Aidan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 13:19
2 months would be my estimate to recover from surgery, so more to do with that, than the initial injury.
Again though, sports pro.s tend to come back too early anyway, so whilst it'd be 2 months for sensible people, 5-6 weeks is probably more accurate for a sports pro who would rather prolong the condition than lose his place in the team/ranking points etc.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 14:09
I had my rotator cuff done a few years ago, 2 keyholes, one to the front and one to the rear of the shoulder. It's a common complaint in front rowers as you tear it by overextending. In my case the loosehead prop I played with was a big old unit and I had to reach up and round him at scrum time. It's a painful problem and it gets to the point when you can't physically lift your arm above your head.

I had physio and hydrotherapy post op and was playing again within 3 months, so Webber will be up and running way before that with the medical facilities they have in place these days. I can't see him playing again this season though as what's the point?

cheekywatson (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 17:37
The injury time could range a lot according to the degree he tore it, it isn't a pre-determined time.

Bri (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 17:59
Quote:
Gussieboy
I'm sure I read somewhere that he would be out of action for 5-6 weeks, but I can['t remember where.

I saw that somewhere as well,so should be back for the start of the season.

Jaydeeone (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 19:29
Might affect his availability for the summer England tour. Might not be a bad thing for us if that's the case.

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 15:46
It depends so much on the original damage, the open surgery might be needed for someone who has received a traumatic injury to the whole joint (e.g. motorcyclist accident) then up to 6 months, for a keyhole to repair a single tear then as low as a few weeks for someone like Webber.

Hope he doesn't rush back (thinking Moody), it's never worth it in the long run. Not too much cortisone either.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:13
Does raise the question of how many fit hookers England will have for the summer tour. IIRC Brooker's out for the season, the Hawk may be too, and if Hartley receives a ban I guess that leaves just Lee and Gray from Quins.

Unless we raid the Old Hookers Home and draft in Chuter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2012 17:14 by callmeMrTibbs.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:18
I believe Mearsy picked up an injury in training on Tuesday. Serious enough to keep him out of the game on Saturday.

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:21
Oh no

Bod (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:22
Is Dawsey still registered somewhere?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net