rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams not Up
Bri (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 19:18
What would your team be this week?Who is available,Mearsy or will he be rested,is Wilson back now,Eastmond?HIpkiss and Williams?

Re: Teams not Up
devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 19:34
It really depends on who's fit which we probably won't know until Friday. Taking into account the squad available for last match, I'd replace Vesty and Banahan with Cuthburt and Woodburn and Bell with Perenise.

Bod (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 19:45
I really doesn't matter does it? This squad play like punch drunks who would really like to be elsewhere, or with a different team.
Roll on the end of the season!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

20 March, 2012 19:54
I don't think be elsewhere is fair, Bod. I'd imagine it's more they'd rather the team had better company.

Bri (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 19:54
I thought you were mellowing Bod..
I hope Catty is back,he can scrummage really low,a place where Johnston doesn't like being.I'd play Bell against Marler.
I would like to see Wiliams get a run out if he's trained well and also Banners to taken on Lowe.
Really think we can win this one

DanWiley (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 20:15
bod certainly brings new meaning to everytime ref, everytime.

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 20:52
"elsewhere" presumably being a club whose supporters actually support, Bod.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Bod (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 21:25
Blind support? Where has that got the STHs this season? The club snaffle the cash in exchange for a monotonously downbeat, seemingly confused product on the pitch. I gave up my ST 5 years ago but always, always felt a tad envious of those that still awaited the envelope comeing through the letterbox and the anticipation of a new season to look forward to. Even last summer, as much as I thought SIM would be a disaster for Bath I was more than happy with the idea of being proven so so wrong I'd be marching up and down along side the river on matchday with a sandwich board to broadcast my stupidity.

I look desperately for tangible positives, I'm naturally an optimist - but I'm increasingly thinking I'm much better off well away from it all. The 3 times I've seen them live this has left me feeling seriously short changed.
Is it time to call it a day and look for another option to spend time and money on in exchange for honest endeavour and effort?

Damn it all!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 21:33
No, not blind support. But not blind sniping either.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:05
What way should we go about the game against Quins.Newcastle came close showing border line aggression.We don't need players banned but is this the way to ruffle them?
In Lowe,Chisholm,Brown and JTH they have a pace threat out wide.
I think we should take it to them with our much improved forwards.One thing for sure we can't afford to give penalties if Evans is playing.Hooper is a weak spot defensively for me if he plays an area Banners can expose.
Bath by 10

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:19
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Blind support? Where has that got the STHs this season? The club snaffle the cash in exchange for a monotonously downbeat, seemingly confused product on the pitch. I gave up my ST 5 years ago but always, always felt a tad envious of those that still awaited the envelope comeing through the letterbox and the anticipation of a new season to look forward to. Even last summer, as much as I thought SIM would be a disaster for Bath I was more than happy with the idea of being proven so so wrong I'd be marching up and down along side the river on matchday with a sandwich board to broadcast my stupidity.
I look desperately for tangible positives, I'm naturally an optimist - but I'm increasingly thinking I'm much better off well away from it all. The 3 times I've seen them live this has left me feeling seriously short changed.
Is it time to call it a day and look for another option to spend time and money on in exchange for honest endeavour and effort?

Damn it all!

I hate agreeing with bod but he is spot on...the blind support for the employees of Bath Rugby is not productive.

Malaize on the pitch should create a malaize in the stands.

I had a County Trial once...

they found me guilty.....

OFP

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:25
Bod may be proved right in time but I think the owner will get it right but it will take time.I cannot believe with all the change anyone would think it was going to happen over night.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:48
Quote:
Brian4455
Bod may be proved right in time but I think the owner will get it right but it will take time.I cannot believe with all the change anyone would think it was going to happen over night.

Fair observation to a point but we have been trundling through these changes for years now....

"change gives the illusion of progress" someone once said..

I had a County Trial once...

they found me guilty.....

OFP

21 March, 2012 07:54
Brian, it's not been overnight, it's been a season and the team doesn't appear to be making any progress as far as developing a game plan or managing a consistent run of form. That's not to say they won't next season but if the talk about changing coach is correct, this season is pretty much a write off.

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:50
"change gives the illusion of progress" someone once said..[/quote]

Doesn't mean he or she were right!

DBF,
I am sure mistakes have been made and Mr Craig I'm sure is aware of them but it's the first season,let's get these teething problems out of the way and it's onwards and upwards.

Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:52
Sorry to be positive on a Wednesday but I think if we can play with tempo as we have been these last few games, cut out the errors and be more clinical then we are looking good.

(Sm159)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2012 08:52 by Cum on u Barf.

Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:55
I do get the fact that there might not be much to play for for the rest of the season. But we would all be up in arms if the players gave up like we did (cue a load of comments saying that the players have given up!).

I actually believe that there has been far more passion and aggression in the second half of the season and that most of the players really do care. Ok, we've not had the results, but it doesn't mean this team isn't capable of getting them.

I think we all agree that there has to be a change in the coaching set up, but why don't we move the thread back to the original subject and talk about the team.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the game and think we can win.

Depending on injuries, I would go with:

1) Catt
2) Mears
3) Bell (Although I think Perenise will start)
4) Caldwell
5) Attwood
6) Skirving
7) Louw
8) Taylor (if fit, if not, Fearns)

9) Class
10) Heathcote
11) Biggs
12) Barkley (Williams to come on)
13) Carraro
14) Banahan
15) Abendanon (Cuthebert if Bendy isn't fit)

Some of the above really do depend on fitness of players. I do wonder whether Wilson, Eastmond, Hipkiss, Donald etc might now be over their knocks. I'd not bring any of them directly in to the starting line up, but would love to see Eastmond given 20 minutes at least. He needs some game time before the end of the season.

21 March, 2012 09:03
Quote:
Brian4455
I am sure mistakes have been made and Mr Craig I'm sure is aware of them but it's the first season,let's get these teething problems out of the way and it's onwards and upwards.

Don't disagree in principle just think this transition season may be repeated due to failures to install an effective, balanced management team, mismanagement of the cap (which won't be sorted until after next season), to create a successful gameplan etc. I suspect we'll see a new head coach asking for more time to establish a new gameplan.

Bod (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:13
[quote Brian4455]"change gives the illusion of progress" someone once said..[/quote]

Doesn't mean he or she were right!

DBF,
I am sure mistakes have been made and Mr Craig I'm sure is aware of them but it's the 2nd season,let's get these teething problems out of the way and it's onwards and upwards.[/quote]

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:22
Let's not forget we're playing a top 4 side that will probably be at full strength, don't see how we can expect to get anything out of the game.

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:46
Robshaw is on holiday is a big loss for starters,don't know who else is out,they have had a few wobbles,we have a fighting chance.Bath by 10

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:03
I don't share it, but I like your optimism.. (Sm13)

21 March, 2012 10:10
Fair point Bod. The Soviet style five-year plan isn't going too well.

Bod (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:17
If it were Soviet style dbf I'd expect there to be some clear plan and discipline in integrity of execution.
Whether it is the right plan to deliver what the market wanted is a totally different proposition.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:19
Bod, is that 3 visits to the rec this season? You're getting more and more like a football fan with every post.

Ian

Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:25
Quote:
Tricky=Legend
I do get the fact that there might not be much to play for for the rest of the season.

Heineken Cup Rugby is the most important thing to play for other than winning a trophy. Plenty to play for.

Humpo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:44
I don't understand why everyone is abandoning hope for this season and just willing the end of the season to hurry up.

Bod, you will become even more repetitive and tiresome if we don't secure HC Rugby next season, so why on earth are you suggesting there is no point to the last 5 games?!

These 5 games are absolutely huge. I desperately want to see my team in the HC Cup next year, so I believe we can win 4 of the next 5 games if we play to our potential.

Cue Bod's reply of "we can't play to our potential under SIM as he is a fit-for-nothing dinosaur".

FFS, get behind the side and let's finish with an absolute flurry and knock Exeter from the top 6.

Bod (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:58
I'd love HEC rugby again - I tend to see it as a right for Bath to participate.
Thanks Blocks!
You know what, quite worryingly that might be the case eh?

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 11:40
Quote:
Cum on u Barf
Sorry to be positive on a Wednesday but I think if we can play with tempo as we have been these last few games, cut out the errors and be more clinical then we are looking good.
(Sm159)

That's my view too. A poor season all round but hints of the offloading game in recent games, angles being run and a better platform too.

Trouble is we should have been at this stage in Sept.

Bod - I agree with your general misgivings about SIM but it's as though you've not seen the last few games IMO.? Or did you just have your eyes shut (blinkered?).

Bod (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:01
I review all games - but watching for me is a live experience rather than via TV - it's much more involved, at least for me.

Ickle (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:00
Quote:
Tricky=Legend
15) Abendanon (Cuthbert if Bendy isn't fit)

Glad to see I'm not the only one of this opinion. I know there seems to be mixed feelings about Jack on ERE, but after his recent performances off the bench, and the inability of Vesty to look anywhere near threatening in attack, is there anyone who'd still rather see Vesty at 15?

Obviously if Bendy is fit, he'd be my first choice, but I think he's still a couple of weeks away?

As for the 1-14 you've named T=L, I'd have to agree.

Humpo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:15
I spoke to Bendy at the Leicester game and he said he was fit, but rested for the Leicester game. He joked about not being selected but would definitely play in the final if we qualified... *sigh*

Hoping he plays this weekend, but would rather see Cuthbert than Vesty if not.

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:48
I suspect we'll be fielding the 15 players who are fit enough to train - again! Not sure if these boys are all fit, but I'd like to see:

1. Catt/Beech
2. Mears/Dixon
3. Bell/Perenise
4. Attwood
5. Caldwell
6. Skirving
7. Louw
8. Taylor
9. Claasens
10. Heathcote
11. Biggs
12. Barkley
13. Carraro
14. Banahan
15. Abendanon

...with the proviso that if Bendy isn't fit, start with Williams at 12 and Cuthbert at 15. If Taylor isn't fit start Fearns at 8 and Ovens at 6. Reserve backs Cook Vesty Woodburn.

(Sm109)

Bri (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 15:00
What I would like to see is players picked on form not on reputations.Cuthbert has played very well and that's off not playing for ages only bit parts,what would we get out of him if he had a run of games?Same with Josh Ovens give him ago.

gaz909 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 11:51
agree Cuthbert has looked far better in recent games, maybe its the drier, firmer ground

noidea (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 14:11
It would make a nice change to be able to pick out best players rather than our least injured ones.

I would go for a similar team to MO

1. Catt/Beech
2. Mears/Dixon
3. Bell/Perenise
4. Attwood
5. Caldwell
6. Fearns
7. Louw
8. Taylor
9. Claassens
10. Heathcote
11. Biggs
12. Barkley
13. Carraro
14. Banahan
15. Cuthbert

I would really like to see Abendenon,Eastmond & Donald coming off the bench to get some match fitness & go with Cook & Skirving to cover back 5

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:36
It's a sell out,glad I got my two tickets early.I'll try and post a few observations from the match at half time for all you sado's without a ticket lol.

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:38
He's been the best we have had but He's not now.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net