Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teams up
Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:00

Re: Teams up
marshie10 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:02
Perenise must have picked up a knock in training this week. Shame, but very good to see Wilson back. Would have definitely gone with Williams over Hipkiss.

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:03

marshie10 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:05
Very strong Quins side.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:06
Cheers Brian.

For those who have the offy blocked at work (but not ERE!):

Bath Rugby team to face Harlequins

15. Nick Abendanon
14. Olly Woodburn
13. Matt Carraro
12. Olly Barkley
11. Tom Biggs
10. Tom Heathcote
9. Michael Claassens
1. Nathan Catt
2. Pieter Dixon
3. David Wilson
4. Dave Attwood
5. Ryan Caldwell
6. Carl Fearns
7. Francois Louw (c)
8. Simon Taylor

Replacements

16. Ross Batty
17. Charlie Beech
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Ben Skirving
20. Guy Mercer
21. Mark McMillan
22. Dan Hipkiss
23. Jack Cuthbert

Harlequins team to face Bath Rugby:

15. Mike Brown
14. Tom Williams
13. George Lowe
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Ugo Monye
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care
1. Joe Marler
2. Joe Gray
3. James Johnston
4. Olly Kohn
5. George Robson (C)
6. Tom Guest
7. Luke Wallace
8. Nick Easter

16. Rob Buchanan
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Tomas Vallejos
20. Maurie Fa'asavalu
21. Karl Dickson
22. Rory Clegg
23. Ross Chisholm

Cheers,

Rich
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/bathbadger/userbar677437ny4.gif
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/bathbadger/Bathsmall.gifhttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/bathbadger/sp001-6.jpghttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/bathbadger/31f41b8d-9586-4692-88f7-9a985f510610.png
Luke Arscott - Adopted Player 2014/15

Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:06
Did the same as BB. So have deleted team lists for those that don't like to see double smiling smiley

The runs in begins in earnest now doesn't it? All teams with full squads back available; this Quins team looks very strong - it will be interesting to see whether they can regain their form form earlier in the season.

With the weather set fair, the match could be a corker.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 12:10 by Tiger in the Bath.

Hamptonite (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:08
Good team with plenty of mobility!

Not totally confident of 4 points though - tough game to predict the result!

joehousewife (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:08
Great to see Bendy back, makes a bit difference to our 15.
That quins side looks very strong. I was feeling positive but I'm thinking a very tight game away from home with us picking up a LBP.

johnnyf (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:11
Should be a corker of a game - Bath by 1 score!

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:13
Both teams gone for Academy tight heads on the bench?sorry KPN I would have preferred Bell for this one.
This game was tailor made for Banners with their light weight wingers,same for Woodburn,Banners for me against the league leaders.
Shame Williams is not playing,he's the future not HIpkiss.
Their bench is also good but so is ours.
Ross Chisholm I rate highly and is quick.Bath win is not impossible.

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:14
Really looking forward to this one.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Sam Y (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:22
Agree with Brian & Marshie, Williams over Hipkiss!!

joehousewife (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:28
Wheres Mearsy? Odd Banners doesn't even make the bench?
Very much enjoyed Eastmonds little dart in the video!

marshie10 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:30
Mears was injured in training on Tuesday. Banners dropped from the squad.

DA Bath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:31
Whichever team wins I think they will have to score 30+ points to do so.

I'm more than happy with KPN over Belly, might as well give the lad another chance, that scrummaging performance for Utd the other week earnt if for him.

Would anyone have the Quins backrow over ours?

marshie10 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:33
I'd have our back row over theres, and our second row.

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:48
I'm struggling to see anything but a heavy defeat here, maybe someone can help me with some optimism.

All I see is an opponent that's top of the league and 19pts ahead, scored more point, conceded fewer points, won more games, lost fewer games etc etc

Help!

23 March, 2012 12:55
OB, those stas are reversed since Jan 1st.

Quins are mid wobble. We can win this.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Tores2053 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:00
Looking forward to the game - be interesting to see Bendy v Brown. Not sure about a Bath win, but looking for an overall improvement like we have seen recently.

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:03
I'm afraid my confidence that we can win any game is shot to pieces. I'm just hoping

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:18
Quote:
TCM2007
OB, those stas are reversed since Jan 1st.
Quins are mid wobble. We can win this.

And we lost to Tigers 2nd team in our last game, Quins team for Saturday is definitely not their 2nd team.

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:30
With Dixon's wobbly throwing, and no Skirving (have not seen anything extra from Fearns), Wilson's slowness around the field and not the best of scrummagers, we are going to struggle in the forwards where Quins are very mobile, tough and close unit. The front 5 have got to keep the Quins backrow committed to the tight and our back row MUST protect our ball and Claasy.

Our backs are not as in good form or speed as the Quins and with Evans running the show, I cannot for the life of me see how we can even get a LBP here. Danny Care will also be very keen to show what he can do and he is very fast so will keep our back row very busy indeed.

I sincerely hope I am wrong ( as I have often been) but do not think so this time!

23 March, 2012 13:31
A sunny Saturday is no a Friday night. Quine are not Leicester.

I'm not saying it's a nailed on bonus point certainty, but here is no reason we can't win this.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

marshie10 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:36
Wilson is our best scrummager.

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:43
Not alot of competition there, though.

Bath Fan Jack (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:10
Bath will win this.

On holiday tomorrow morning so will be back in a weeks time to crow!

Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:12
Well both of you are right there. But Wilson has also proved himself to be a fair scrummager on the international stage as well. As I said in the preview, Marler isn't known for his scrummaging so it could be an area to attack.

Massive shame about Mearsey not being fit, but Dixie is another strong scrummager. If we can starve them of clean possession there and cause problems at the breakdown, then we do stand a chance.

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:14
It would take a young Academy tight head ten games at least to get accustomed to premiership standard and a bench now and again,also lots of times getting stuffed,if we lose just as well play him.Most if not all of our squad has something to prove let's hope it's tomorrow they deliver.

The area of attack must come from Catty tomorrow,Johnson gets pinged more than any other prop at the moment for losing his bind against low scrummagers and we have the loose head that scrimmages lower than any other prop in the Premiership Catty,after him,Academy tight head,Beech should have a field day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 14:17 by Brian4455.

dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:23
4 Northampton 47
5 Exeter 45
6 Gloucester 41
7 Sale 40
8 Bath 39

I know it’s stating the bleeding obvious and I know that we have two very tough games in the next week (one being away from home) but two wins puts us right back in the mix at the top end of the table. We could do with Sarries beating Sale and a draw at Kingsholm for Glos v Exe!

I am certainly a “glass-half-full” member of these ‘ere boards but i think our XV (on paper) should challenge Quins and it should be close, with a LBP at worst. And I think we should have the beating of Saints at home on a fast, dry track.

Forever the optimist, i think there’s plenty still to play for this season. Allez Bath!

Bri (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:45
I agree,tomorrow is a big game again,no second chances,this is last chance salon for our season and I think the boys could deliver.

Dougie15 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:45
Fingers crossed for this one. to close to call for me.

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:08
I share a little of OBs pessimism here.

Really hoping for a BBW win but at the Stoop it is a tough ask.

Gonna be close.

Lost Soul (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:13
Sorry even with quins stumbling a bit I will be very surprised if we come away with anything. They are not a flash in the pan side. They having been building nicely over the past couple of years.

Live as an optimist but do not worry when the odds prove to be true

DA Bath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:34
Remember there is a chance that England could have 7 places in the HEC next season if Quins, Exeter or Sarries win their competition. Even if we lose this weekend it isnt time to give up on the season just yet.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:12
Always a close game but we will sneak it by 1

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

spongey (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:55
I do like that team sheet, Abendanon back will make a huge difference and I think we'll probably be able to take them up front. Just need to get the back line clicking and we can win this.

Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 20:02
Agree with marshie re the back 5 - we are superior, front row needs to match/upset their 123. If we can then it's up to the backs to run them ragged. Heart = Bath, head = quins but I shall there and cheering us on. We should play without fear and run @ them.

Leroy Houston - adopted player 2014/15
Will Spencer - adopted player 2013/14
Francois Louw - adopted player 2012/13

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:02
Bring it on Quins - it won't be easy for you!
Keep to you game, don't let them put you off, and go for it focussing for 80 minutes, but especially the last 20!

Francois Louw
Proud to be wearing the BB&W and feared by all who play in the English Prem!

Rob (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:21
Good to see Abendanon back but hard to make such a big impact in 1st game back.

HQ's know how to win games more than our lot this season. Hope I'm wrong but I'm betting silly mistakes plus a REAL world class fly half adding up to over a 10 point loss.

Away from home, against top of the table. Our only real good wins in the LV cup.

My glass is 1/2 empty.

Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 07:13
Lose this one and it's Amlin Cup next year.

I had a County Trial once...

they found me guilty.....

OFP

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 08:52
TBH I think it already is but hopefully a "never say die" attitude is in there somewhere and the team will give everything in an attempt to secure that HEC spot.

Aidan (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:00
Realistically, our HC ambitions are basically over.
2 upsets this afternoon at the Stoop and Castle Grim, and we're suddenly right back in the hunt.

If I were Geech/Brad, I'd go full out this week, just in case, and expect to be playing the kids as much as possible for the last 4 matches.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15137138872_df9a213fd9_m.jpg
Nick Auterac, adoptee 2014/15.
A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:03
Yep, that's about right WT.

Aidan (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:09
You need to stop agreeing with me Gareth - in public or by PM - it's making me doubt myself

RAEBURN SHIELD

Bri (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:15
Well I understand where you are coming from WT but don't agree,you just can't grow youg uns in.
The only youngsters we have to put in are Heathcote,Cook,Mercs,KPN and Woodburn and they are already playing,maybe give them a little more game time but putting them all out against Northampton or Leicester would do them no favours.

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:31
Unless Banahan suddenly 'finds himself' or Donald comes back early, I'd imagine Heathcote and Woodburn will be starting against Leicester and Northampton.

mayroad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:53
Sat behind Mearsy last night - he was having dinner with Hoops BC and NB. On crutches and leg was pretty immobile - i'd say not looking good for the rest of the season

exbathballboy (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 11:59
That's a good Bath team, they'll have to gel. I'm worried about the front 3, on paper Catt,Dixon,Wilson is strong but they haven't played much together. The Harlequins team is strong but missing key players. Our back row has to dominate.

It's a shame about Mears and hes actually injured a lot but that's why I am so glad we signed Webber, to share the starting hooker spot next season. I think Webber will be strong and constant for us.

Bri (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 13:41
Really warm here,expect a really fast game,just announced pitch hasn't Een watered for a while due to hose pipe ban.

Aidan (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:33
Quote:
Brian4455
Well I understand where you are coming from WT but don't agree,you just can't grow youg uns in.
The only youngsters we have to put in are Heathcote,Cook,Mercs,KPN and Woodburn and they are already playing,maybe give them a little more game time but putting them all out against Northampton or Leicester would do them no favours.
How many youngsters do you think I mean?
If results go against us this weekend, I'd be looking for.

Beech and Catt to start & bench, getting 160 minutes each for the rest of the season.
Mears and Batty to share hooking duties
KPN on the bench each week, even when Wilson & Perenise are both fit
Spencer on the bench at least twice
Fearns starting and Mercer benching

Cook on the bench, getting proper game time, not just a token 5 minutes
Heathcote starting
Williams starting
Woodburn involved every game
Preferably Cuthbert starting and being told he's getting all 4 games, and needs to earn a contract beyond 2013. Yes even if that means Biggs/Bendy have to drop out for a match or two.

If things go against us this weekend, we've got 4 matches with nothing riding on them; and the youngsters won't improve by not playing, so give them game time.
There's a popular theory that the likes of Cuthbert need a run of games to grow into the role - so here's 4 games, prove yourself.

RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 14:41 by Which Tyler.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net