Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Re: Danny Care - again
Posted by: stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 13:34

Who knows until the full facts come out but it just adds to my feeling that he needs to lay off the drink.

Posted by: Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 13:56

Problem for Care now is that he's effectively 'known' as a drinker/tearaway so now something like this has happened many people will see him as guilty until proved innocent.

I'm certainly not saying he is innocent or guilty, but he is an easy target for this stuff now. All in all a shame because he's talented and it's being overcast by off the field problems.

Posted by: Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:04

Isn't £3k a pretty hefty fine for drink driving? The judge must have been seriously unimpressed.

Posted by: stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:08

It's based on a % of weekly earnings, so high earnings high fine!

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:12

Another one soon to be looking for a S15 contract?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Posted by: Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:13

They don't mind them @#$%& up in Aus I guess.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Follow COML on Twitter

Posted by: Chuzwozza (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:25

Probably couldn’t resist copping a feel while he was kissing his England career goodbye.

Posted by: Old Fat Prop (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:42

"burn him...he's a witch!.....aaaaahahahaha"

I had a County Trial once...

they found me guilty.....

OFP

Posted by: johnnyf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 19:00

Danny Care..less ??

Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 19:26

I see he's playing tomorrow. Wonder what sort of reception he'll get?

Posted by: WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 19:31

Or even Danny "Couldn't-Careless"?

Date: 23 March, 2012 19:49

I believe careless driving is one of the few misdemeanours he's yet to accrue. There's always this weekend though!

Seriously, I hope he's getting help from 'Quins, I'm sure he is but I bluddy hope so.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 20:09

If he goes to S15 it should be in NZ not Oz, he can swap for Cowan, they're used to managing this given Cory Jane post RWC11. Oz alchohol issues are/were in ARL. DC Eng career is toast.

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 21:51

Now then boys in BB&W, no sneaky nasty sledging of your fellow professional. Play like nice boys!(Sm115)

Francois Louw
Proud to be wearing the BB&W and feared by all who play in the English Prem!

Posted by: m0rris (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 23:26

What is it about English halfbacks with the intials DC? tongue sticking out smiley

As for the incident itself, if he did do it is truly reprehensible and he should be hit with the full force of the law.

However, some people attract trouble and allegations of trouble in equal measure. I sincerly hope that this case isn't true and that the police will find him innocent and that he continue with his life.

The man is a talent and could be a key player for England going forwards, but he won't get there from a prison cell and it's shame to see a career tainted by these repeated allegations.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 07:50

"Sexual Assault" covers a wide range of things. Of course none of these things are right or proper but like with all such incidents, perhaps we ought to wait for some more detail before consigning him to jail.

The thing that I find most damning is the LACK of a media feeding frenzy. Is it because with Lamcaster in charge and Care being excluded it is already dealt with on a Rugby level? Or is "Danny Care Drunken Law Breaking" about as evocative as "Cheryl Cole Upset About Something" as a headline these days?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/ken_jnr/KEN_JNRcopy.jpg

Posted by: mines a black rat (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 10:16

I fear that is the case Ken Jr. If it had been a footballer of the latest reality star it would of been everywhere.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

Date: 24 March, 2012 10:33

Quote:
ken_jnr

The thing that I find most damning is the LACK of a media feeding frenzy. Is it because with Lamcaster in charge and Care being excluded it is already dealt with on a Rugby level? Or is "Danny Care Drunken Law Breaking" about as evocative as "Cheryl Cole Upset About Something" as a headline these days?

Seems to be in all the papers?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 10:41

Try saying "I Danny Care" in a Glaswegian accent - sums the laddo's attitude up at the moment it seems!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 24 March, 2012 10:43

He needs help.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 14:05

Quote:
TCM2007
Quote:
ken_jnr

Absolutely, but compare the reporting of this with that of the alleged sexual assaults on that NZ tour and during the World Cup. Few editorial have been dedicated to this story and the language is hardly "frenzied."

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/ken_jnr/KEN_JNRcopy.jpg

Posted by: devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 14:28

Sports journos have ADD. They're more interested in F1, the Olympics, Rangers going bust and football players having heart attacks at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 14:29 by devizes bath fan.

Date: 24 March, 2012 20:36

He needs dropping until he sorts himself out.
Both by England and Quins.
Not likely to happen at Quins - they arn't that bothered.

Francois Louw

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 21:13

Quote:
annie blackthorn

To be fair, we're just as happy with Dickson K starting...

Date: 24 March, 2012 22:39

Quote:
ken_jnr
Quote:
TCM2007
Quote:
ken_jnr

Absolutely, but compare the reporting of this with that of the alleged sexual assaults on that NZ tour and during the World Cup. Few editorial have been dedicated to this story and the language is hardly "frenzied."

Ah, but British papers are not subject to the various sub judice and restrictions on reporting sexual offences when they take place abroad. Leeds on the other hand...

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2012 00:32

Quote:
annie blackthorn

Daft woman.

Reinstate the Fulham 1!

Date: 25 March, 2012 10:42

Sexist p**

Francois Louw

Date: 25 March, 2012 10:50

And there was me thinking we were all going to try and get along a bit better in the wider interests of ERE rather than individual agendas. Ho hum.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net