Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Team Prediction for Saints Anyone?
Posted by: Sam Y (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2012 14:05

Who is going to kick off this thread then?

Re: Team Prediction for Saints Anyone?
Posted by: devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2012 14:11

Same as Quins except Mercer for Louw, and Ovens and Banahan on the bench.

Posted by: Bri (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2012 14:29

Don't think we'll recall Ovens,Perenise on bench instead of KPN.Skirving instead of Louw

Date: 27 March, 2012 14:33

I'd have thought Skirving might be benched due to lack of cover at lock but we shall see.

Date: 27 March, 2012 14:45

I would expect Merc to bench,he's had better games.
I would go with Belly this week if Anthony is not ready for his bulk.oh and expect a win by ten.

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2012 16:07

I wish I had your faith Brian 4455!

Posted by: nick holder (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2012 23:57

They will have a better team than us and we will lose?

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 04:32

I past caring tbh - regardless of who is picked/dropped/recalled/repositioned/injured/rested/honeymooning etc the end product is at best inadequate.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Posted by: TCM2007 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 09:23

Judging by the number of posts you're making on the subject, you are not past caring.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Posted by: Hamptonite (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 09:48

Based on last weeks performances, Banahan in for Woodburn and Ovens in for Louw. Guy Mercer was not good last Saturday.

Date: 28 March, 2012 13:38

I've never felt so confident as I do this week.Really hope Nick has recovered,we lost our main attacking option.
Tom will not be so big a miss(Sm159)Guy to step up backed up by Josh.
Very interested to see who they start at loose head( poss Flats)but maybe stick with Catty as he wasn't as bad as some made out.Wilson sure to start after a solid game,with Belly to bench? For his bulk.
If Toms not ready,in the video clip Donald was training so must be close as Eastmond.I would also play Banners instead of Woodburn if his heads in the right place,I'm sure being dropped was the shock he needed,although he is saying he was rested,believe me Matt you were dropped.
I feel we can beat this Saints team if we all give as much effort as Rat boy Tom Biggs the heart of a lion

Posted by: K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 16:33

Quote:
TCM2007
Judging by the number of posts you're making on the subject, you are not past caring.

Noted and quite so.....Come on Bod, lets see your selection..

Hopefully we'll see Perenise back, I'd like to see KPN on the bench..
Is Bendy and Tom fit?

Posted by: Ade1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 20:34

Carter, Chunnell, Staddon, Smith. Leading by example and with undying flair from the Bell to the Star and after that it'll be beyond me. and thats just before the game!

Posted by: Saint Morrissey (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2012 21:41

We are desperate for this one and hopefully will throw the kitchen sink at you!! We don't play that well when desperate but you never know. Shame Hartley has been stood down, typical that we lose our captain for half the season due to the WC and 6N. He plays for his country, gets some dubious attention from an irish'man' trying to prove a point and WE are the ones to suffer!!!! Anyway should be close but hoping Saints by 1!

Date: 29 March, 2012 09:46

Hartley got what he deserved,if they got it wrong this time it will make up a little for his past actions.

Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 11:12

What Bri the much talked about 'previous' was 5years ago since when he has behaved despite massive provocation and wind ups don't brand a player for ever because of (admittedly bad) transgression from half a decade ago. Saints by 10

Come on boys make 2013/14 SAINTS year COYS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2012 13:09 by Bob Stainsby.

Date: 29 March, 2012 11:22

No the last five years the t@@@ hasn't been caught for.b

Posted by: Saint Morrissey (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 11:47

Hartley was bitten last season on the arm by an Ulster player in the Heineken cup and slapped around the face in full view by Giovanni in the play off semi. He did nothing.... Most players have some sort of history and many aren't very nice but Hartley has a label that's hard to shake. You can't say this ban makes up for something missed at another time!! Another ban that punishes the club but the country (who's shirt he was wearing doesn't lose out-infact they'll get a fresh injury free hooker!!)
Anyway good luck on Saturday, changed my mind Saints by 8+

Date: 29 March, 2012 13:04

Hartley is a K@@b IMO and yes I would tell him to his face.I don't like the guy and I know many players don't to.
He deserves everything he gets,unless your a saints fan,can't see a problem Bath by +9

Posted by: Connorman (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 13:09

What a hero you are Mr Bri. Trying to disguise letters doesn't help your foul language. There are many types of readers on these boards. Try to control yourself.

Posted by: Bob Stainsby (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 13:16

Bri I was going to try to engage you in the relative comparisons of Mears play in the tight and loose compared with Dylanís for example Dylanís strong ball carrying abilities and his virtue of taking the ball up in the red zone. But then I just see your use of thinly disguised puerile insults make this type of debate a waste of time. Oh and bully for you knowing all those players who also don't like Dylan which team do they turn out for then Dings Crusaders 3rds?....... Saints by 11

Come on boys make 2013/14 SAINTS year COYS!

Date: 29 March, 2012 13:18

Oh believe me I'm have control.my views are my own and I have posted what I think of the guy.let's hope the two thugs learn their lessons as they are not a good advert for the game.is that better.we wouldn't want children repeating or copying what they did would we?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2012 13:20 by Bri.

Posted by: Broonie (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 14:07

shame you don't like him Bri , he speaks highly of you.

however , we could probably hire a private room so you could achieve your ambition of telling him your views to his face ?smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 14:20

Sorry Bath fans, Saints by at least 10 probaly 15 as we will be without Louw who is our only 'go to player' and Saints back row will be free to roam and target Claasens as our front 8 will be needed to keep the Siants front 5 quiet!

Cannot for the life of me see a Bath win.

The only redeeming feature of my pessimistic predictions is that I am often proved wrong and soncerely hope I am again!! But logic tells me otherwise!!!

Date: 29 March, 2012 14:27

I would look forward to telling the Thug( IMHO)as I have said while he was representing England the Saints captain let England,Northampton and himself down.Let's hope saints youngsters coming into the game realise this behaviour By the club captain and a young thug is under no circumstances acceptable.
Oh and Connorman I don't class Kn@ b as foul language,maybe you had better start with your club Captain who voices a lot worse throughout the game,that's picked up.
As I have said before let's hope some good comes out of this bad press for the game by Your two thugs and they learn a lesson.
Anyway great to see Andy Long playing,always played the game fairly and in the right spirit.Bath by Lots.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 14:30

Amuses me how defensive the Saints lot are on these boards, without a doubt the most precious of any club fans on sportnetwork.

Quote:
Dylanís strong ball carrying abilities

Hartley has many qualities, carrying the ball is not one of them, although to be fair he's improved that aspect of his game a bit recently.

Quote:
Hartley was bitten last season on the arm by an Ulster player in the Heineken cup

Wasn't he trying to rip the guy's head off at the time?

Quote:
and slapped around the face in full view by Giovanni in the play off semi. He did nothingÖ

Amazing restraint, what a hero.

Quote:
Anyway good luck on Saturday, changed my mind Saints by 8+

Bath by 82+

Date: 29 March, 2012 14:31

Quote:
Broonie
shame you don't like him Bri , he speaks highly of you.
however , we could probably hire a private room so you could achieve your ambition of telling him your views to his face ?smiling bouncing smiley

Because physically intimidating Brian would really prove how wrong he is by saying that Hartley is a violent thug?

Date: 29 March, 2012 14:34

[quote devizes bath fan][quote Broonie]shame you don't like him Bri , he speaks highly of you.

however , we could probably hire a private room so you could achieve your ambition of telling him your views to his face ?smiling bouncing smiley[/quote]

Because physically intimidating Brian would really prove how wrong he is by saying that Hartley is a violent thug?[/quote

I would hate to dispel your image of me DBF but I would not be intimated.I would actually enjoy the experience.

Date: 29 March, 2012 14:42

I was just pointing out the irony of the suggestion, Brian.

Date: 29 March, 2012 14:53

Many thanks,DBF.many hear what they don't like,mainly the truth and then get all righteous and that really gets my back up, them acting all holier than thou.
As a rugby fan and a Bath fan second I believe Hartley has been very lucky to be between to very good props and if Mearsy was a little taller would get the nod over him just
Like the old war horse Thompson.
England will not be losing anything if he's dropped because he is not head and shoulders better above the rest.
Could be our biggest win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2012 15:25 by Bri.

Date: 29 March, 2012 17:16

Tut,tut,tut - such a lack of decorum towards our Cobbler friends.
(The young'uns have no historical perspective Boonie/Stainsby/Cm - forgive the impulsive youth and springtime hormones, tis but the time of the year and their in "Bucking" season)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/magnoliasoft.imageweb/nhmwpoty/fullsize/nathis269.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 29 March, 2012 17:20

A bit like them deleting our post last week maybe we should delete theirs.Hoping for a good CLEAN game.Bath by a score as in 20

Date: 29 March, 2012 17:42

"them"?
Tut,tut,tut!

Posted by: marshie10 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 17:48

Agree with Ballsy about Hartley's carrying, I often see Hartley carrying the balls with gusto but he goes in too high and gets knocked backwards, happens regularly for England. I think he's a very good player, a player that is highly competitive and that often lands him in trouble.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net