rugbyunion
Latest News:

Captain for whats left of the season
K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 16:02
Right Hoops is out, Louw is out..
Who would make the best captain for what is left of the season?
Claasy was Cap'n yesterday and IMHO whenever he becomes captain his game takes a tumble.. mind you on yesterdays showing it's not really possible, personally i would like to see Caldwell as Captain for the remaining part of the season, his dedication to the cause is fantastic, he's played 99% of games and he certainly gets passionate about his game.. We don't need a "nice" player as captain, we need one who is hard and is passionate, when the ref says "have a word with the team" you don't want "dont do that lads" you want a string of expletives and the passion to be transmitted ..

So any other views?

Re: Captain for whats left of the season
01 April, 2012 16:28
I'd be happy wwith RC for the reasons stated above - recognition for a great 1st season.
I remember Attwood berating players at the start of the season but not so much of late - 'flogging a dead horse' springs to mind

paul bath (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 16:39
I'd be delighted with Caldwell for Captain. But then when has HQ ever listened to the season ticket holders?

A.M 180 (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 16:51
Quote:
paul bath
I'd be delighted with Caldwell for Captain. But then when has HQ ever listened to the season ticket holders?
On playing matters, frankly I'd be worried if they were listening to season ticket holders

ziderman (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:48
I was shocked by the comment by Mr Fox to DA, after MC had gone off regarding a penalty explanation, "you're the captain ... you've been nominated" to which he looked completely bemused! It had either slipped DA's mind that he was taking the armband, which I doubt; or, the coaches had failed to inform those on the pitch, which smacks of rank amateurism in keeping their finger on the pulse.

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 20:49
Atters for me as most of the so called captains we have had have failed evn Louw!

01 April, 2012 21:06
I thought that too, Zider, but then considered he might not have realised Claassens had been subbed.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 21:17
Attwood or Fearns for me, both are big characters and lead from the front. Caldwell would be my wildcard.

Bri (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:09
Quote:
marshie10
Attwood or Fearns for me, both are big characters and lead from the front. Caldwell would be my wildcard.

Might be for you Marshie,but not for the squad,

marshie10 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:13
What do you mean Bri?

Bri (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:15
I'll PM you,had a long chat to two senior players today,

BustaR (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 20:02
Didn't Taylor captain Scotland for a while or am I wrong? I like back row as captains personally, in the mix all the time and generally big characters!

Bri (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 20:04
Taylor is the quietest squad player,

BustaR (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 20:31
Off the pitch is v different to on the pitch, Borthers is very quiet off the pitch but one of the best captains we've had!

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 20:56
Bri we need a proper captain who does not have to be popular but someone who the troops would follow into the trenches and play their hearts out for and put their bodies on the line to ensure victory!

Look back at some past Bath captains, Spurrell spings to mind not liked hugely but held great respect and lead from the front with all the guys following him. He bled for Bath and that is what we need and not a cerebral softie who might not even make the starting XV!

I would give it to Attwood who appears to care and shout at the others! He is the best I have seen in this bunch! You and Marshie might know different!

marshie10 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 22:22
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Bri we need a proper captain who does not have to be popular but someone who the troops would follow into the trenches and play their hearts out for and put their bodies on the line to ensure victory!

I would give it to Attwood who appears to care and shout at the others! He is the best I have seen in this bunch! You and Marshie might know different!

To your first point, I think for the troops to follow someone into the trenches, the captain would firstly have to be popular, and secondly this would only happen at a paintballing arena.

To your second point, you may not have seen, but I would also have Attwood as captain, or Fearns.

comedowner (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 23:49
The best person for captain lee mears and the only one. Respected,and talks sense, and loved by his fellow pros.

Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:09
Good call comedowner, esp if he is not in the EPS.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:23
Bendy.

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:28
Isn't Lee injured?

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 12:40
Caldwell would be my first choice. Atters or Mearsey as a second choice.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net