Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
OK so I left 5 minutes early
Posted by: bathmike (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 17:49

I sit midway on the openside and with about 15 minutes to go I looked around and virtually everyone was still in the ground, we were getting marginally less than stuffed comments about Saints not being that good are not valid they didn't have to be,what is it that keeps us glued to our seats when quite clearly we have absolutely no chance of salvaging anything. Possibly it's something as simple as the sound of the Ref' blowing for full-time and thereby releasing everyone. It's over you may go now. OK.

Re: OK so I left 5 minutes early
Posted by: spongey (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 17:52

Because even when they are playing poorly and have no hope of winning they're my team and I have to support them when they're doing badly as well as doing well.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 17:55

... and you could witness the best try ever by us (or them) in the last few minutes

Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 17:56

My sentiments entirely spongey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 17:57 by The Oilman.

Posted by: TCM2007 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 17:58

You don't leave before the end, just like you don't boo the kicker and you clap opposition scores. It's part of the ritual of the game.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 18:27

Not sure about clapping opposition scores. That's pushing it unless its a beauty of a try.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 18:32

Personally I wouldn't leave before the end of the game as I like to give my appreciation to the players who I believe are doing their best. That said wouldn't criticise anyone for getting fed up and leaving.

Posted by: TCM2007 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 18:36

Quote:
ballsout
Not sure about clapping opposition scores. That's pushing it unless its a beauty of a try.

Guess I'm just old school BO

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Posted by: dabos (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 18:48

I applaud the oppo onto the pitch for turning up, I really like the respect of silence given to all kickers, and I don't leave early, although I struggled with this one yesterday (really struggled!). Can't say I've ever applauded an oppo score though.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/iain704/heathcote-1.jpg Tom Heathcote

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 18:58

Like TCM - I applaud good play, even if it's the opposition. I stayed to see the team do the 'walk of shame' they were very dejected which helped ease my own disappointment

Posted by: dabos (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 19:27

Bendy-anon

I, too, applaud good play, even a couple of Leicester tries in the past fortnight from my settee. However, from the terrace, I'm watching with one eye. Damn, another personal failing confused smiley

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/iain704/heathcote-1.jpg Tom Heathcote

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 19:50

When is Grandad getting the invitation to eff off early? Anyone?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Posted by: ghost (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 20:52

I left early for the first time EVER yesterday.

Posted by: Rampant (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 22:16

I left 5mins early and headed to watch from the Club bar. In my defence I was shouting encouragement for the previous 75mins, but I just couldn't face any more disappointment.

I've only left a game early once before. When Matt William's Scotland team were woeful against South Africa at Murrayfield.

I'm sure our players won't play as badly as that again and will still continue to get my support.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/chilliefish/Rugby2-2-1.jpg

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net