Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
London Welsh vs Bris
Posted by: Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 16:19

Anyone else watching this? Seems a very long time since we've been to the Old Deer Park.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Follow COML on Twitter

Re: London Welsh vs Bris
Posted by: bathleds (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 16:34

With their forward pack, Bristol will smash us next year.

Date: 15 April, 2012 16:40

Difficult to tell how they'd do against a Prem pack; certainly destroying London Welsh.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 16:59

Very leaky defences wouldn't last long in the prem.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Posted by: Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 16:59

Interesting last 4 minutes after this Welsh fightback...

Posted by: Bri (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 17:46

We would smash their pack,we handled their pack pre season with a Academy prop starting.Even our backs would score a hat full.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 17:55

Quote:
Bri
We would smash their pack,we handled their pack pre season with a Academy prop starting.Even our backs would score a hat full.

No guarantee of that, if they get promoted they will no doubt improve their squad.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 17:58

Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Bri

No guarantee of that, if they get promoted they will no doubt improve their squad.
And have the funds to do so given new benefactor

Date: 15 April, 2012 18:02

If theirs much about,most are signed up by now.They go straight back down if Wasps start on 0 pts like the rest of us.looking at that side they need a new squad.

Posted by: Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 18:32

A very thoughtful and succinct argument Bri. Not disimilar to the one given by many when Exeter were promoted.

Date: 15 April, 2012 19:00

Quote:
Hercules Spoons
A very thoughtful and succinct argument Bri. Not disimilar to the one given by many when Exeter were promoted.

If you are being sarcastic,I take it you know nothing about rugby,as that Bristol side is nothing like as good as the Exeter side that came up or Worcester for that matter.
If you weren't the reason I said it was because they are a very poor side in a very poor Championship league and I know pundits have said how good it is but IMHO that's bollo_s.
Now that the Championship has been plundered again this year because of money restraints it will be even weaker next until it's full of Islanders.

Posted by: Ade1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 19:05

Channel or Lundy?

Posted by: hooker 72 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 19:09

Bri i actually think you are the one who needs to do some research instead of being so hasty to have a pop, the exeter side that came up lost 2 playoff pool games in a league not as strong or open as this year, and worcester very nearly slipped up with a full prem squad, so with a rookie head coach, a year ahead in our plan, lots of new players and a very competitive league, how about a little credit where due, and as far as everyone being signed already, well ill remember you said that[:wor kid:]

Posted by: Bath Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 19:11

Well done Bris - we need something to cheer about in the West Country

Posted by: PhilHallFan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 19:15

The Championship may be poor in that its members would lose to the best professional outfits. By that measure the Premiership is also pretty poor as we've seen this year in Europe. But the Championship games I've watched have been highly entertaining, in some ways reminding me of what rugby on the Rec used to be like.

Date: 15 April, 2012 19:21

The reason the league is so open is because the quality is not there,I don't want to argue about it,that's what I believe,Yes Worcester nearly slipped up because of Kitchener but as you say they were head and shoulders above you and everybody else.
You can only beat what's there well done.
Ps Do you expect another 65 point win against play off contenders Doncaster next week.

Date: 15 April, 2012 19:26

It's Bris's best chance to come up, as you wouldn't bet against Newcastle or Wasps coming straight back up. They are also changing the system again next year to a more straight forward top 4 playoff.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 15 April, 2012 19:27

Bri, and how do you explain exeter then??

opinions are what makes these forums so great, the nasty pops and childish digs are what make them quite unpleasant.

i hope we can negotiate the mindfield of playoffs and resume the tradition of the only true local derby in prem rugby, in a nearest and dearest sense as i do miss briss/barf games.

Date: 15 April, 2012 19:31

Bristol deserve to come up they've been the best side all season.winning games in the play offs by 60 odd points tells you how poor most of the teams are.I agree about who ever goes down this year will come straight up.if it's Newcastle with their reported 3,00,000 fund and keeping their squad.

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 20:33

..And, if Wasps descend? I reckon that'd be different.
Bri - I know you're convinced by your own arguments to the dismissal of all other - but so is David Ikes!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 15 April, 2012 20:36

Depends if they get a 22 point penalty really.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 15 April, 2012 20:38

Bri there was only the doncaster blow out which was a freak game, so try and do some research in future

Date: 15 April, 2012 20:46

40 odd on Mosley,50 on Donny away 65 Donny home, need I go on.Not having a nasty pop or a dig,just a very weak league and will get weaker over the next couple of seasons.wish you all the best in your recruitment watching the game today I think you may need it,IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 20:51 by Bri.

Date: 15 April, 2012 20:49

That's because the top 8 are in the playoffs. And we know how weak the 8th team in a league can be.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 15 April, 2012 21:02

Where did London Welsh finish 2nd? And they looked very weak,glad Midlledon decided to make a game of it though.

Posted by: Jaydeeone (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 21:06

Quote:
TCM2007
That's because the top 8 are in the playoffs. And we know how weak the 8th team in a league can be.

I know...Gloucester have been rubbish this season! (Sm1)

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 21:15

The AP is pretty poor given the money washing around it!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 15 April, 2012 22:07

Dear wise and experienced rugby man Bri, just look back thro' this season's AP scores and you will see some fairly large differential scores, although I do realise your opinion is declared as humble.

The only game Josh Ovens, who has been training with a Championship side, has started for you he was MoM.

As regards coaches making a game of it - pots and kettles?

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2012 22:21

Bri, Bristol have won only won game in the play offs by scoring 60-odd points, not games.

Are the guy trying to start a band?

Posted by: comedowner (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 00:38

Taxi for bri. X

Date: 16 April, 2012 05:50

[quote Hercules Spoon

The only game Josh Ovens, who has been training with a Championship side, has started for you he was MoM.

Although I really enjoyed the game mistakes and all,are you really telling me that the standard was good?
Quite clearly you must have been watching a different game if you do.
Our other loanee in the Championship won M O Month for Welsh scoring a hat trick in one game something he failed to do in Three years in the A league and he has been released by us after being released by you.
I stand by with my assessment of the Championship that it has got weaker than previous years and will continue to decline,although their are a few good players but this is also on the decline.imho

I still wish Bristol well and hope the can compete next year if they make it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2012 06:49 by Bri.

Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 08:37

Some entertainment here today, but not much of it Rugby related.

Quote:
Bri using IMHO in the same post as ...
'I take it you know nothing about rugby'

Quote:
Bod with Kettle related jibe of the year ...
'I know you're convinced by your own arguments to the dismissal of all others'

Well done Bris. I think they know they'll need to improve hugely if they're to match some of Bath's performances this year drinking smiley

Date: 16 April, 2012 09:27

Up early for the paper round this morning Bri?

No one suggested the standard of rugby was good in that game, there's too much on it, but it is compelling and competitive rugby.

The Championship standard has risen generally over the past few seasons, more, it seems, than can be said for the AP sadly.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Date: 16 April, 2012 09:33

Quote:
Beergoggles
Some entertainment here today, but not much of it Rugby related.
Quote:
Bri using IMHO in the same post as ...
'I take it you know nothing about rugby'

Quote:
Bod with Kettle related jibe of the year ...
'I know you're convinced by your own arguments to the dismissal of all others'

Well done Bris. I think they know they'll need to improve hugely if they're to match some of Bath's performances this year drinking smiley

It appears you can't have your own oppinion on here unless it's the same as the majority but I'm glad you said they will need to improve to match Bath's performances,that's exactly what I've been saying,we've Been poor and you feel you have to improve hugely to match us,we are 8th,says it all really.

Posted by: Hoopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 21:41

Bri....excellent. You have restored my faith in your wonderful fans. Knowledgeable fair and honest. The most popular club in English rugby. Congratulations on the way your wonderful side have taken the Prem by storm this year ! Always a pleasure when Bris play you to watch the lesson you always give us. Im sure if we do get promoted we will be quaking in our boots facing you next year .... In fact Id just give you the points now if I was Bris coach. Wonderful fans... absolutely wonderful.

Posted by: 5 Tanners (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 21:50

See the bars are still open out west

Date: 16 April, 2012 22:05

I always try and give a fair assessment,I am glad you have noticed Hoopsy.
I have repeatedly said Bristol deserve to be promoted as they are by far the Best team in the league.I am sorry if you don't agree with me that the Championship is weak this year and with about ten of the better players moving up next year it will become even weaker.
Is it true you've resigned Darren Crompton?

Posted by: Big Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 22:18

Can't remember who the journo was who said after B**h scraped by Bristol at the Wreck in the summer that, on that showing, B**h were in for a tough season while Bristol were in for a good one.

How prescient, I say, with hindsight.

Bri, perhaps you'd like to tell us which team are the only ones unbeaten at home in the top four divisions?

I'll give you a clue - they don't have a band.

Posted by: 5 Tanners (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2012 22:28

So do we have to drop a division to be as brilliant as the western fringes, or will you wait awhile to test your theory.....Time for bed Big TedM

Date: 17 April, 2012 07:20

I wonder if Middleton has heard Tindalls looking for a club,he would be a massive signing for Bristol.I am a little worried about you resigning Crompton though,if it's true?
Bristol have been down that road before with a ageing pack.
Heard a rumour the Regan is back in training as he was rumoured to have said recently,playing for Bristol is not a huge step up from Clifton?Anyway time will tell.I hope you do well in your remaining games,could be a close one this week,I'm going for Bristol by 50.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2012 07:35 by Bri.

Posted by: Hoopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2012 21:45

And with that last post Bri... well need I say anymore.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net