rugbyunion
Latest News:

How will the club keep us?
stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 12:20
I am wondering how the club is going to deal with the most dissapointing season in years, not just with the league position but in the general poor level of performances. Probably no HC rugby next year, currently no real big signings for the next season, no head coach and a league where all you can guarantee with fixture times is that most will change.

Why should we pay the money they have been asking for a seat in a stand with no roof to watch a poor team play sub standard rugby?

I think i'd have made a significant saving if I bought tickets for the games I could attend, as most had offers on to encourage people to attend. I personally know of 3 people, not including myself whom are considering not renewing season tickets. How many more are there?

Whats the betting that the price of tickets actually increases next year?

Re: How will the club keep us?
Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 12:42
I didn't renew this year, went to all the games I could get to/wanted to go to, bought a Membership to guarantee tickets, saved ~£100, which virtually paid for the ESPN sub.

The biggest issue isn't the bad season, it's the variable KO times.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Don't be a grey outline, set up your avatar

Join the COML Facebook Group

Follow COML on Twitter

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 12:51
I don't think this will be an issue. As cr*p as we are right now we nearly always sell-out (even for the LV!) and we have no problem selling ST's.

Looking on the brightside we have a very rich backer and hopefully good news on the Rec front soon, get 35 decent players and we are laughing......

P G Tips (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 13:48
We had lower league positions in 2002 & 2003.

I do not remember season ticket sales being much of an issue then.

Difference was we had some star names around - Grewcock, Lyle, Catt, Balshaw, Perry

PG

Pulteney (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 13:58
I must admit I am having serious thoughts over renewing my season tickets - could be a good shout to spend £50 on membership to guarantee cherry-picked match day tickets instead.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/Pulteney/bathonaroll.jpg
We're on a roll....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2012 14:10 by Pulteney.

Bod (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:03
Quote:
TCM2007
Amen

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:06
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Quote:
TCM2007
Amen

This isn't the club's fault though, KO times are down to TV and happens to all teams.

Optimist (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:08
Quote:
stuckinlondon
I am wondering how the club is going to deal with the most dissapointing season in years
...Why should we pay the money they have been asking?

One way of getting an answer to these questions is to attend the fans' forum....oh, and cough up a fiver for the privilege!

16 April, 2012 14:11
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Quote:
TCM2007
Amen

This isn't the club's fault though, KO times are down to TV and happens to all teams.

Whose fault it is doesn't change the maths on whether a ST is worthwhile.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:23
Most KO times are between 14:15 and 15:00 with a few different to accommodate TV. Hardly a reason on it's own to give up a ST do you think?

It's more likely to be one of many reasons that will no doubt include price, success, quality, work commitments etc etc

Humpo (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:34
I agree, Outside Bath. I don't see the variable KO times being an issue. And I come from London every home game...

KO times are not determined by the club. They are determined by the TV, without which there would be no Premiership.

Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:37
KO times seemed much better this season than last - maybe we just weren't on TV that much due to the@#$%&rugby we have played!

16 April, 2012 14:39
Quote:
OutsideBath
Most KO times are between 14:15 and 15:00 with a few different to accommodate TV. Hardly a reason on it's own to give up a ST do you think?

It doesn't take many Friday or Sunday games, or evening Saturday games to make it not financially worthwhile to have a season ticket. I've found that to be the case this year.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:43
Personally I was planning to get a ST next season until we failed to get HK rugby. I believe the losers trophy matches are mostly Thursday/Friday games which I will never be able to get to.

16 April, 2012 14:44
One Amlin game is on a Thursday in each pool round. We might be lucky.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

ballsout (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 14:56
Quote:
Dorset Boy
KO times seemed much better this season than last - maybe we just weren't on TV that much due to the@#$%&rugby we have played!

That's basically spot on. When we were playing proper rugby we were on sky every other week at least.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 15:45
I calculate that six out of eleven home Premiership games were on TV, plus I think all of our home Heineken Cup games and either one or two of the LV= games.

I didn't renew this season for two reasons; one because I wanted to check out other areas of the ground and two because I anticipated we'd be playing less open rugby. As it's turned out I've not missed a game that wasn't on the box. Tickets - in the West Stand mostly - have been easy to get and I guess I've saved a few hundred quid.

It's always going to be a personal choice, but it's worked out okay for me.

Mike-s (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 16:00
if the reason for not renewing is simply lack of success then you are not a supporter you are a glory hunter !
thereare many reasons why people may not renew and mostly speaking it is down to cost , and in some cases ( as i am one ) of moving further from the holy land ( REC)
but lets not go down the route of not renewing becouse we finished out of top 6 !

COME ON YOU BATH
!!!!!!!
BATH, BATH, WHEREVER WE MAY BE WE ARE THE BOYS FROM THE WEST COUNTRY , AND WE'LL BEAT YOU ALL WHOEVER YOU MAY BE , BEAT YOU ALL FOR THE WEST COUNTRY !
Mike-s, in exile in Bridgwater

Paul60 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 16:16
At the start of the season my personal circumstances changed which meant I nor my wife could not renew our Season Tickets - despite being regular supporters and Ticket Holders since 1982.
It was a difficult decision but I drew comfort in the fact I could view many of the Bath games on Sky/ESPN.
What a good decision I made, after what has been produced on a regular basis this season.
Having said that, I am ever optimistic 'things will improve'- both on the pitch and with my circumstances, and if they do I would still renew my membership.

ziderman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 17:00
Well said Mike-s ... we've been through tougher times in the last 10 years or so. The frustrations IMHO, are mainly due to the level of support that BC has made hasn't borne fruit and that the we're very keen to know the make up of the new coaching set-up. TV money will dictate KO times, that's out of the Club's control, frustrating one's plans - yes, a deal breaker - no. As for the rugby on show, hopefully the new coaches will hone the squad into playing the style of rugby we long for.

It's a bit like the old story of going down to the pub, or drinking at home. I for one prefer the pub, a bit of banter and proper ale gets the nod. Live rugby at the Rec, or the TV/radio ... no competition, time will tell, but I for one don't want to miss out on the chance to see it at first hand.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 17:09
To be fair I don't think many people are put off by the lack of success so much as the moribund style of play this season and our tendency to roll over too easily.

So perhaps branding others as 'fair-weather' supporters or 'glory-hunters' is a little intemperate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2012 17:10 by callmeMrTibbs.

The Oilman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 17:50
It doesn't matter where we are or our results, most people will find something to moan about, not least the ref!Like complaining about the weather, it's what we British do. All being well I'll be reinvesting in an ST next season. Any idea when they go on sale? I want to be at the front to pick up a good seat from one of the dissenters.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 17:57
For me it is not only what happens on the pitch it is very much to do with the ambience of the whole match day experience but most important of all is the banter with fellow STHs and sometimes opposition supporters.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 18:14
" How will the club keep us?"

Just like farmed mushrooms if recent experience is the norm!
In the dark and fed on bullsh!!t!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

johnnyf (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 18:31
For some of us it's total addiction - a habit that you just can't throw off.
What would it be like if suddenly all came good next season and you'd given up your ST?
The honest thing to do with pricing is to make no changes.

Mr Frivolous (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 20:11
If you go to watch sport expecting the perfect game everytime and assuming the opposition aspire to the same would this mean a 0-0 or 100-100 all draw?

Personally I go for everything as well as the Rugby -

Post match Autopsy
Catch up with the chaps and chapesses
Stadler and Waldorf
The man you always stay upwind of.
Drowning in a monsoon in bath at least once a season
Shouting myself silly
Laughing myself silly
Race Night etc etc

So here's to you all!

Guess I'll be renewing...

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 20:20
despite their best efforts, the cynic might say!smiling bouncing smiley

Francois Louw
Proud to be wearing the BB&W and feared by all who play in the English Prem!

DanWiley (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 20:34
Another thread we get every year. Fewer supporting renewing this year I supposed, but hen the demographic has changed.

We've ended up lower in the division. We 'e played worse rugby.

Dougie15 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 20:47
We will be renewing our season tickets, don't feel any need to change .
Love the whole day out,but better performances would certainly improve the experience.

paul bath (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 00:03
A true supporter may whinge , but will support their team through thick and thin.

Although this is the worst season since 2002/3 I will continue to be a season ticket holder because Bath is my team.

A.M 180 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 00:07
Quote:
paul bath

Although this is the worst season since 2002/3 I will continue to be a season ticket holder because Bath is my team.

It's funny. I think I'll remember more from that season than I ever will from this season.

pubtime (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 08:12
when we lost to Glaws at home and I was being grunted at by a pack of their hairy backed neanderthal fans in the Crystal Palace, I said we will finish above you... So come on Bath we still have something to fight for.. Finish above them and I will end the season with a smile and an optimistic feel for next season... I will be renewing my season ticket..

17 April, 2012 12:41
I have supported Bath since childhood played for the juniors and will probably be renewing my ticket BUT it is galling to a fan to be treated to the way the club currently treat us.

We have the best ground for views but the worst ground for amenities, we can't see the corners from where we sit, if it rains we get soaked, tickets are offered at a discounted rate for numerous games in the season. We are expected to pay a large amount at the start of each season to have the privilige to do this!

Yes things have improved the big screen is a great idea, but we can't see it when people stand up, the beer tents are ok but you can't buy the same stuff at all the bars, some sell beer and cider but not lager others sell lagert and 6X. The toilets well........

Last year they "restructured" the seating arrangements and we had an increase, I wonder what the business plan shows for ticket income for 2012/13?

TV revenue will I imagine be down if were not in the HC, is BC2 prepared to shoulder the loss? Or will they look to increase the ST price?

I'l love to go to the fans forum but the cost of petrol/train plus £5 to enter precludes me from doing this!

Most people are having pay freezes which in real terms is a 3-4% pay cut and disposable income is less. Now is the time that I would like to see the club make some form of statement ahead of the last home game of the season.Why not actually offer a renewal discount?
Direct debit for next season?
Actually announce a coach!

Bod (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 12:56
I think we won't have an announcement at the earliest regarding coaches before the denouement of the Top 14 season, and maybe not before the end of S15 season.

17 April, 2012 13:01
Quote:
stuckinlondon
TV revenue will I imagine be down if were not in the HC, is BC2 prepared to shoulder the loss? Or will they look to increase the ST price?

I seem to remember that the Premiership teams share all the revenue equally, but I could have that wrong. Obviously gate revenues will be less.

Quote:
Why not actually offer a renewal discount?

They always do?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Flat-top (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 13:30
[quote]Why not actually offer a renewal discount?
[/quote]

They always do?[/quote]

Don't think that was the case this year, IMHO a shame as it removed a very simple 'bonus' that certainly helps make the mind up.

SUFTU

17 April, 2012 13:37
There was a price for new members but no early renewal discount.

17 April, 2012 13:41
Current interest rates mean there's no advantage to the club of having the money in the bank early.

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 14:20
I didn't renew our season tickets at the end of last season because of value for money; or rather lack of it. The prices remain too high, especially given the quality of the ground, and now the quality of the rugby too.

I've mentioned this on previous threads, but the price of junior tickets in particular is dreadful. Far higher than any other premier league team.

Overall the club's financial relationship with the supporters is not in balance. And as long as that remains the case, I will be largely absent.

recduckboarder (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 14:45
I will renew; at the base of the arguements iswhat else would I do? Shopping, gardening, DIY - no I prefere the peace and quiet at the Rec!!!

Puxonian (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 16:28
Quote:
recduckboarder
I will renew; at the base of the arguements iswhat else would I do? Shopping, gardening, DIY - no I prefere the peace and quiet at the Rec!!!

Me too but I only have one. If I had to renew a pair (so to speak) I'd be thinking very carefully about it.

WembdonJumper (IP Logged)
17 April, 2012 20:39
after 28 years ST I will be pick and mixing, Rec and ESPN on alkward times. Never thought I would say that.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net