Head Coach Approaching
Blocks2u (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:24
!0 Days

Ian

Re: Head Coach Approaching
Which Tyler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:26
Sounds to me like it's a done deal, but we don't want to disrupt another club's run-in.
If so, then presumably the new coach's team is unlikely to feature in HC final or Prem SF (or T14 SFs)

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

ballsout (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:35
Place your bets, Gold, Booth or Cheika?

I'll say Gold

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:40
Whoever misses out we'll have at Melksham RFC - we're looking for a new HC for 2012/13 if anyone is interested (Moving to new facilities and club house during 2013 which will be a great attraction for new players we hope!)
Is Mallett definitely out of the equation?
I think there is still an A.N.Other somewhere in the mix.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Sam Y (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:40
Gold for me.

fat lock (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 11:50
Hope it's Gold.
I expect Booth & Catt.

DA Bath (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:03
Expecting Gold.

Whether its Gold/Mallett/Booth/ANOther it will only be one of them so who will come in as coaches below them? Is the rest of the coaching team tomorrow's problem to decide on or will there have been discussions already?

Has anyone heard names rumoured for coaching roles other than Catt?

Bri (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:37
Let's get behind whoever it is,we all have our favourites.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:40
DAB - I'm hoping that the candidates have put together a list of who they'd like to work with, (it should be their decision after all) and that any recurring names have been sounded out (shy of tapping up illegalities, obviously)

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

P G Tips (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:55
Bod

I am not sure Mallett wants to live in Melksham: don't get your hopes up!

PG

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:16
Don't be so sure PG we are getting a new leisure complex with swimming pool and start of the art gym.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:22
I would also add that if it is ten days then that takes you up to teh end of the regular season. IF it were a coach of a SF team that would upset the team he is coming from so I would think it suggests it is someone whose team is not in comntention so the pendulum in my opinion swings to Gold and Booth.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:29
Can't be Cheika as the French Season finishes mid May and that is beyond the 10 days.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:38
mabr - Graham has just been announced as moving from Force to Reds for next season - so don't rule the S15s out as a source of succour!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:38
Stade's season could be effectively over this weekend or the week after, depending on results - they are 6 points outside the play-off zone with three to play.

Stuart

Former ed.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 13:52
Quote:
Ex-Bod
mabr - Graham has just been announced as moving from Force to Reds for next season.

Saw that as well and thought it was a shame - I wouldn't have minded Graham coming to Bath. Also scotches any hope of Ewen McKenzie coming.

Think it will be Gold. Hope it's Mallett. Would love it to be Mallett with Meehan attached...

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 14:26
Hope it's not Booth, but if it is all we can do is support the club.

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:13
I am sure it will be Gold.

Only hope he can perform the miracles we need and firstly bring ssme discipline to our dressing room and add some pride and backbone back for the players and if they are lucky enough to pull on the BB & W! Watch Belly's interview and what it means to some (a very few unfortunately) of our squad to do likewise!

Has he won anything - anywhere?

ballsout (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:17
A Tri Nations title and a Lions tour as assistant coach for the Boks?

Puxonian (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:32
Quote:
Ex-Bod
mabr - Graham has just been announced as moving from Force to Reds for next season - so don't rule the S15s out as a source of succour!

I hope you're right Ex-Bod. Can't say I'm inspired by the thought of any of the three mentioned above

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:36
To be honest - with the purported skills that the squad possess you'd think any innovative, motivational coach could come in and clean-up, of course benefiting from the cultural changes now established that will all bear fruits over the next 2-3 years eh.....................zzzzzz!

Bri (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:45
Quote:
Ex-Bod
To be honest - with the purported skills that the squad possess you'd think any innovative, motivational coach could come in and clean-up, of course benefiting from the cultural changes now established that will all bear fruits over the next 2-3 years eh.....................zzzzzz!

Your right again Bod,any coach that comes in now will have to thank Sir Ian for laying the foundations.I would imagine we have had a lot of applications because of it.

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:50
Quote:
Bri
Quote:
Ex-Bod

Your right again Bod,any coach that comes in now will have to thank Sir Ian for laying the foundations.I would imagine we have had a lot of applications because of it.

What has he done Bri?

Bri (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:52
(Sm161)

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:54
"Diamond made no secret of his admiration for Redpath’s qualities, insisting any club would be interested if he became available. “We do everything here behind the scenes so I don’t know where all the speculation has come from regarding Bryan, but if he was to become available then of course we would be interested,” declared the Sale chief executive. “But so would Bath be and any other club in our situation because Bryan has done a good job there. To be honest, we have been looking for a director of rugby since I arrived here and we have been inundated with lots of people approaching us over the role. “We’ve had a lot of applicants from people like Pat Lam, John Kirwan and Eddie O’Sullivan. Gary Gold was also interested, but I think he has got other options open to him.

Read more at: [menmedia.co.uk]?

gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 16:29
"To be honest" ahhaahhha
Has he deliberately let the Gold en Catt out of the bag
Or does he know who is replacing Redpath already ?

Humpo (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 17:08
I'll go with Gold as head coach and Catt as attack/backs coach.

Bri (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 17:14
Gold appears to be getting Newcastle more up and at them.A bit like Danny Grewcock with the kids,

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 17:37
Gold or Cheika would be fine, but I wouldn't want Booth..whats he done at the Notnots??
Personally I'd like to see a Southern Hemisphere coach, i think they have a flair that we lack in the north...Mallett would have been not half bad either..

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 18:19
Cheika now favourite for Western Force?

""round and round the big wheel goes and where it stops, nobody knows!"

(Sm8)

comedowner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 18:29
Mmmmm I think we are all barking at the wrong tree I got a feeling itwill be a shock to us all I'm going for glen Delaney the Nottingham coach. Very well thought of amongst fellow coaches and not backward in coming forward he has done well with a low budget

Bri (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 18:34
Can he make our pack aggressive and our backs play heads up rugby?

FourSticks (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 18:36
Amazing to see 3 former Bath coaches name-checked in Bod's linked article. We do seem to be a spawning ground for coaches...

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 19:15
There seem to be more vacancies than candidates right now. Its a great time to be a coache's agent!

Stuart

Former ed.

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 19:52
Comedowner makes a valid point.. we will just have to wait!!

comedowner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 20:00
BOD who do you think ?

comedowner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 20:00
BOD who do you think ?

comedowner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 20:05
BOD who do you think ?

Bod (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:12
What I think and what I'd want are 2 different things. I'd like Mallett, Cotter or White, I think it'll be Gold, or Cheika.
Jamie Joseph is a little early to move from S15 I think!

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:17
Quote:
Ex-Bod
What I think and what I'd want are 2 different things. I'd like Mallett, Cotter or White, I think it'll be Gold, or Cheika.
Jamie Joseph is a little early to graduate from S15 I think!
Fixed! sorry, couldn't resist

RAEBURN SHIELD

Horus (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:22
Gold's agent lives in the Bath area.

King Curtis (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:43
I'm expecting Gold and Catt.

ballsout (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 22:27
Surprised no one's mentioned Gold would probably bring John Wells with him as forwards coach.

*stands back and awaits gnashing of teeth*

bonso (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 22:28
Mike Basset ))))) (Sm115) ?

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 22:32
ballsout, I think you'll find I did!! I'd struggle to see Wells as a step forward from Haagy and actually as a potentially weak point in delivering Bruce's latest stated vision. He's damaged goods and a classic example of good enough for England but not good enough for Bath.

ballsout (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 22:40
I'm not his biggest fan but he'd be a step up from Haagy for a start.

spongey (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 23:27
Haag wasn't all terrible, the rucking did improve as the season went on and what Caldwell and Atwood have become under him shows he wasn't truly terrible at everything. I don't think Booth and Catt would be terrible. Booth's done some good things with Irish but they've never really had a fantastic squad in my mind and I think they have overachieved under him. I think we have a better squad and he will get more cohesion into the squad I think. I'm not gonna be annoyed whoever we get really, I'll just be excited for the new year whoever we get.

comedowner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 23:38
I have really been thinking that soccer bring there own coaching teams in to get balance and understanding surely we should be looking at this in rugby. We are new to the pro game. Meehan bakewell did not get on did our coaches last year get on at bath? we need stability and build to the future with players and coaches. There is no quick fix like it or lump it. WE have made a lot of mistakes loosing key players in there prime like brothwick Stevens Tyndall balshaw Hudson Barclay crompton Reagan delve and players like Goode Haydn Thomas etc etc and young good lads developing in other clubs. The team that jack built was around for years with each other they built a culture within. Let's really try to support the guys that we get in have patience and hope. Pro rugby is tough on the field and off it to.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
The surprise to me about Haagy was in his playing days he was so influential in the line outs but since he arrived at Bath to coach, our line outs have been a lottery!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

comedowner (IP Logged)
I have really been thinking that soccer bring there own coaching teams in to get balance and understanding surely we should be looking at this in rugby. We are new to the pro game. Meehan bakewell did not get on did our coaches last year get on at bath? we need stability and build to the future with players and coaches. There is no quick fix like it or lump it. WE have made a lot of mistakes loosing key players in there prime like brothwick Stevens Tyndall balshaw Hudson Barclay crompton Reagan delve and players like Goode Haydn Thomas etc etc and young good lads developing in other clubs. The team that jack built was around for years with each other they built a culture within. Let's really try to support the guys that we get in have patience and hope. Pro rugby is tough on the field and off it to.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net