Latest News:

New bath Bosses
Merve (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 06:54
According to the daily mail Gary Gold and Mike Ford - sorry if this is old news

Re: New bath Bosses
Boy (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 07:57
Story here, including the normal nonsense of attributing an opinion to someone without any actual quotes.

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:29
I don't get it - why would we want Ford when we've got Brad Davis? Is this informed journalism or just rumour repetition?

(Sm109)

Bod (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:37
Quote:
Miles Offside
I don't get it - why would we want Ford when we've got Brad Davis? Is this informed journalism or just rumour repetition?
(Sm109)

"Crazy Bollox Season" I hope MO!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Robbinho (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 09:54
Continued over-egging of the Vesty mistake - if he hadn't have had his hand in the air, it wouldn't have looked anywhere near as bad, and still probably wouldn't have changed the outcome. Falcons can't blame an incident between two players from other clubs in the penultimate game of the season for their probably relegation.

Boredfan (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:05
Am I missing something or does that mean we will have two defence coaches and still no one apparently in charge of directing the scoring of tries?

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:40
Unless Brad continues as backs coach.

With Catty, there seemed a lot of synergy between the four likely coaches, being Gold with the forwards and overall control, Wells with the scrum, Catt with attack, and Brad with defence. Now if Ford transpires to be the likely coach instead of Catt, the balance is lost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2012 10:53 by Rolfs_Cartoon_Club.

Boredfan (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:43
Unless I have missed something this season, there has been an obvious lack of attack. I personally think Brad has done a great job, but I would never have seen him as leading the attack side of things. I was pretty sure that he was in charge of skills and defence. I thought that was recognised back in the autumn but then never addressed

ballsout (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:45
RCC, sorry am I missing something, where did the suggestion of Hatley as scrum coach come in?

Jaydeeone (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:51
That combination fills me with utter dread. (Sm31)

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 10:53
Sorry, meant Wells (being Gold's number 2).

27 April, 2012 11:11
As said in another post I wuld like Gold as DOR but dont want Mike Ford or John Wells
Why isnt Mike Catt coming back to where he belongs?? The Rec?? Him, Gold, Davis and a forwards coach would be a HUGE step in the right direction!

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 11:15
Can't see why we would want Ford at all. Him being Gold's current number 2 doesn't give him any more credibility.

ballsout (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 11:16
Gold said he was the best defence coach in the world

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 11:18
Quote:
ballsout
Gold said he was the best defence coach in the world
If Gold said that, then I don't want Gold

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Elan (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 11:27
The article does state at the end the Wells will be staying at Newcastle to work with Dean Richards. Not all bad news then...

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 11:46
Unless I've got them the wrong way round, I'd rather have Wells than Ford; in as much as... we actually need a forwards coach, but already have an excellent defensive coach.

Oh dear gods, what an horrendous thought.

How about
Brad: Defense
Ford: Backs/Attack

RAEBURN SHIELD

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 12:15
Catty was nailed on, I reckon. Farrell's failure to leave Sarries and Smith's unwilling to commit till the Autumn has turned his head and ballsed things up from that point of view.

27 April, 2012 12:31
Can somebody explain why Gold and Catt wouldnt work together??
Also how do we know Michael Chieka hasnt been snapped up? if the deal was done on skype then he's in Paris atm?
I bet him catt davis and a forward coach would be pretty good!

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 13:44
Not much willy waving or @#$%& flapping going on about this subject!
Come on chaps and chapessess, this is ERE for goodness sake and its Friday!
(Sm128)

Blimey didnt think that would be auto-censored. No offence intended.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2012 13:59 by Go on my sonner.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 14:03
Quote:
Not much willy waving or @#$%& flapping going on about this subject!
Come on chaps and chapessess, this is ERE for goodness sake and its Friday!

Spoke too soon looks like Rugby Mad has unzipped his clothing! winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bri (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 14:15
The last person for me would be Ford.

fat lock (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 14:46
It's Friday afternoon, it's raining and I've had a really tough week that doesn't look like ending for a fair few hours yet - and now this, Gold & Ford being front-runners.

I'm so dispirited that Bath rugby is even being linked with Ford, a few years ago no-one would have believed such talk and dismissed it out of hand.

Not sure whether to swear (but as I said on the other thread I'd probably regret it) or cry.

Pass the tissues please.

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 14:51
I'm inclined to be more supportive of Ford than many here, it was his analysis & gameplan that saved Johnno's England from being a total laughing stock IMHO. I just don't see why we'd replace Brad as defence coach with anyone!

(Sm109)

Bri (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:06
Bod,get ready if Ford comes.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:11
Quote:
Miles Offside
I'm inclined to be more supportive of Ford than many here, it was his analysis & gameplan that saved Johnno's England from being a total laughing stock IMHO. I just don't see why we'd replace Brad as defence coach with anyone!
(Sm109)
As has been said about Bath this season; if your game plan, selection and training is all based around defense, and ignores attack, it's not too difficult to have a good defensive record.
What's really difficult is having a great defense, whilst also knowing what to do when you've got the ball in your hands.
I'd also suggest that, as with England and Bath, if you play such a defensive game, you will leak penalties, as most good defensive plays and patterns, are illegal in rugby; and ref.s tend to give the team trying to do something more benefit of the doubt

RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2012 15:13 by Which Tyler.

Bri (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:19
Spot on Which,I've been saying all along to set out your stall defensively is not that hard but now we can have two of them showing us how.while teams might not score many trys against us,we had better be squeaky clean on the penalty front and with a young scrum that ain't going to happen.
I would love to have Gold here but not the other two.

Bod (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:24
Quote:
Bri
Bod,get ready if Ford comes.

Is he bringing his 2 lads with him??(Sm100)

I reckon that he and Brad could work quite well together, both solid RL men, (contemporaries aren't they?).
His lack of AP experience might allow him to bring in new ideas and less preconceptions.

Gary Gold seems a lot more up-to-speed than most, and I'd expect the scrum to tighten up drastically with sloppy play and technique eliminated.
He's quite a cerebral character, and a keen student of the game, especially the most contemporary points of evolution.

Check out : Scrum Time

Gary's coaching pages

One thing is for sure - he won't be sat at his desk checking out the wallpaper swatches, or waffling around some RFU recruitment committee - and there'll be an end of match front-up for sure!

I think Mr Craig has been doing his homework this time whilst enjoying a cold shower - let's be especially diligent on the selection of the attack coach - again someone with ideas and analysis skills who's not afraid to try something less conventional from time to time.

thumbs down

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Rampant (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:32
If you are a new DoR or HC to a club, the first things you do are get the set piece working & make sure the defence is solid and aggressive.

Our defensive record in the AP this season hasnt been ideal, on average conceding 18 points a game. Our scoring average is 17 points a game, which sort of explains our table position. Average..

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 15:52
Perhaps that is the idea Bod three Fords for the price of one. But I have to say have been impressed with the way that Gold has galvanised the Falcons and hoping that he can do the same for our pack, but I would want more than playing ten men rugby.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 16:01
I wouldn't be against Ford.

Much as Bod says, I think he and Davis could work well together. I think it would be important to get another mind in the mix who is the ideas guy who can provide the talent in our backline with the guidance and structure to go out and play. Catty is the obvious choice...Meehan the perfect fit!

I also think Ford would feel he has a point to prove to the English game. I'm sure he and Gold wouldn't let backsides go unkicked if we see any evidence of lack or commitment or effort and perhaps Farleigh wouldn't quite be the 5star country hotel some of us perceive it to be!

comedowner (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 22:06
I still think glen Delaney the notts coach will be a part of it.

Blue Brum (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 10:28
as per another post, what feelings are there towards Ashton coming back with Gold as head coach.

bathmike (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 10:49
Funny you should mention Glen comedowner the guy I sit next to at the wreck mentioned his name acouple of weeks ago. His son does something or other forgotten now and he became aware of Glen being taken on board.

retired (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:56
According to BBC Mr Ashton denies any England links, could he be comming our way?

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 12:04
I read somewhere this very morning OEC that Fylde have scored more tries than other teams in their divisions with Brian Ashton advising their attack.
thumbs down

Bri (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 15:12
Well it ain't him.
[www1.skysports.com]

02 May, 2012 16:45
He was being linked everywhere, though after Munster talked to him it is no surprise that he ended up there. So the list shortens.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 21:36
It's pretty obvious who it's going to be.

03 May, 2012 12:26
Looking at another thread Marshie it appears to be Stir!!!

comedowner (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 00:02
ASHTON FOR BATH I hope

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net