Cipriani can't stay the course
Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:15
Off before the season ends

In tears

Re: Cipriani can't stay the course
Bod (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:30
Make's sence all round I guess given that the Rebels won't get past the regular season.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Huxster (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:08
What a Big Girls Blouse

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Huxster8/Huxster6.jpg

ballsout (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:52
This is the guy who according to some should have been in the England squad the last few years? I think not.

Optimist (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 12:52
nice bit of tabloidisation there. Alternatively - good move for Sale, Cipriani and England. Gets a full pre-season in with new club, and see where that takes him.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 12:58
Correct Opti, as usual, some ere posters jump to preconcieved conclusions that aren't in the story.

Quote:
"I want to thank the club for being so understanding with my wishes and granting me a release to return to England," said Cipriani.

I think the decision to go to Sale will make or break him but its not a club where he can hide and I thinks he's made the right decision.

Ian

ballsout (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:25
Yes because a press release quote tells the whole story as usual? (Sm161) Rumour is he wasn't turning up to meetings anymore, whether that's true or not who knows.

Another Henson, wasted talent, and his defence is even more shocking than it once was.

Optimist (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:47
Cipriani's played a lot more rugby than Henson these last few years, and has also come back from a very serious injury. He may end up as a wasted talent, because part of his talent clearly lies in being a bit of a c**k, but I don't believe he's blown it yet. Really hope that Sale is the making of him.

Bri (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 14:54
Didn't Belly cry when leaving?

DanWiley (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:08
"Rumour is he wasn't turning up to meetings anymore, whether that's true or not who knows. "

Well don't let the fact you don't even know who would know if it is true stop you forming a critical opinion.

"Didn't Belly cry when leaving?"

Were you there when he made his personal goodbyes?

I've never really understood why people almost totally unrelated to the guy feel they need to give him such a hard time. Perhaps because he once played for Wasps or maybe they are just jealous of a wasted talent.

I wish him well, as far as I can hope that of someone who could hurt us badly when we play them.

Bri (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:15
I wasn't their but I watched on BRTV,give Cips a break awesome rugby player when his heads in the right place.

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:25
What's his signature dish Opti?

Optimist (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:36
er....run that one past me one more time?

3Quarter (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 16:55
Really hope he makes it at Sale, he cannot help his make up, a bit like McEnroe it is all part of the package - without the emotional turmoil the talent would probably go as well. From an England perspective I would love to see him fulfil the potential and his time down under can only have improved his attacking capability

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 18:05
Quote:
Go on my sonner
What's his signature dish Opti?

Ha ha ha!

I like turtles.

bathguru13 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 18:07
Think Cips has finally showed some maturity and common sense with this move. Seems that he has, or at least his 'advisors' have,thought this through and been very clever and taken a huge step in Cips career.

With Lancaster having seen him at a young age where it was just pure talent on display before the headlights, they both know what he is capable of.

Sale are very close to securing Heineken Rugby, The rebels aren't near the playoffs. He has picked up a few niggles this season as well.

Just seems very cool and calculated move from the Cippy camp and fair credit to him.

And for the rumour he isn't turning up for meetings, his new mates James O'Connor and Kurtley Beale wouldnt let him do that.

Optimist (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 18:20
okay....i've got it.

Revenge? Served cold.

Kelly Brook? Served hot?

Bod (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 09:40
Coming back a better chap!

Good luck to him!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Boy (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 09:57
Improved as a person? So, is that shown in him being fined for stealing from a bar after a game, or in conducting himself in such a fashion that he's sent to train with semi-professionals rather than go with the Rebels to SA?

Improved as a player? That'll be the guy who missed more tackles than anyone else in Super 15 last season and is deemed so dispensable that the Rebels have (allegedly) paid up his contract and told him to go halfway through the season, will it?

What a load of b*llocks.

Bri (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 16:41

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net