rugbyunion
Latest News:

Mike Catt to leave London Irish
Robbinho (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 11:25
At the end of the season, according to Sky Sports News on twitter.

Quote:
Sky Sports News
Huge news for London Irish, maybe even bigger news for England too! Mike Catt to leave London Irish at the end of season #SSN

Dare we hope?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 11:26 by Robbinho.

Re: Mike Catt to leave London Irish
ballsout (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 11:51
I really don't understand the hype about Catt as an attack coach. It's verging on bizarre.

This is the London Irish team that couldn't score a try, at home, against Cardiff Blues (who are awful this year and got spanked by Leinster)

Robbinho (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 12:01
Update from Alastair Eykyn is that Catt is with England for SA tour, and Wayne Smith has turned down the role full time.

Ian E (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 12:59
Also on BBC

[www.bbc.co.uk]

gaz909 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:04
misjudgement by Lancaster going public about Smith being part of his vision for england

01 May, 2012 13:06
Id love to see Mike Catt back at the Rec but I dont think its going to happen now he'll stay full time with England and fair play to him he deserves a crack

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:14
I can see Ballsout's POV but he was good for Irish to start with perhaps the Bath environment may suit him. His appointment with England is for this tour only so he either has somewhere else to go or he's taking a big gamble......

Ian

DanWiley (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:15
I gues it can only go one of two ways. On the one hand he'll do very well with England and we won't get him. On the other, he'll do not so well with England and we won't want him.

Either way, I can't see us waiting.

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:15
I agree with Ballsout, Irish have been terrible and for a forum that has been consistently unhappy about our performance this season the option to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire is bizzare.. If he does well with england it doesn't follow that he will do well at club level, national game you have the pick of the bunch, club level there is a wage cap that means you dont have the pick of the bunch..

Optimist (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:26
Bath have been terrible this season, but Brad Davis remains well regarded. England were terrible in the WC but Rowntree came out of it with his reputation enhanced. I've no idea whether Catt's a good coach or not. But writing him off because LI haven't performed is no more conclusive than bigging him up because he was a great player.

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 13:32
The appeal of Catty was down to his Bath roots. I've heard indifferent stories about his coaching abilities, admittedly from friends of Shane Gerghaty, who really did not like Catty.

Optimist (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 16:04
Can't believe it's 8 years since Catty left Bath! I still sort of think of him, Tindall and Balsh as Bath players.

The Oilman (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 16:59
This has been going round in circles for some weeks now. Just shows how little there is to talk about.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 17:32
To the point observation, Opti.
Surely by now the sentimentalists have worked it out, esp with Haag being less than successful.

Whether or not BC and NB have worked out that we need a proper proven attack coach remains to be seen.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 18:08
Quote:
AnnieB
Whether or not BC and NB have worked out that we need a proper proven attack coach remains to be seen.

How about Smee, Annie? http://www.honeysuckle-cottage.org.uk/walkingoff.gif

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 12:33

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:27
TBH as has been mentioned on other threads given the choice of Catty or Ashton I would love to see Ashton back at the Rec.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 08:08
The Independent: "Catt decided back in February that he would end his productive association with London Irish at the end of the season and it seemed likely at one stage that he would return to Bath. When that apparent opening suddenly closed, there was no immediate Plan B.

"Two weeks ago I was wondering what I might be doing next season," he admitted."

Guess that ends that particular area of speculation.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net