rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Re: Gary Gold to Bath???????
Bri (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 17:25
Richard Lane is doing ok in Aus,scored a couple last week,he's playing for Sydney colts 2,They have three colts sides and 3 students side above that.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:40
Rugby paper also stated Gold with Ford would be coming to Bath. No might, maybe, etc.

Amongst other things, Brains is going (back) to Glaws from Wuzz.

Interesting (at least I thought so)article on why no-one with any SH int standing approached by the headhunters really wants to work at the RFU as England Coach. Too much box ticking apparently. It alleges that RFU only offered Sarries £60k in compensation for Farrell. Cheek. Farrell sensibly returned to Sarries. If you are fan of the Tuilagi's whole page spread on Alexana etc. going to Japan.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:55
£60k for Farrell is very old news Anne, do keep up!

Stuart

Former ed.

Bri (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:57
Quote:
TCM2007
£60k for Farrell is very old news Anne, do keep up!

Ha ha ha brilliant,Don't worry Annie,God loves a trier.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 19:22
Quote:
annie blackthorn

Interesting (at least I thought so)article on why no-one with any SH int standing approached by the headhunters really wants to work at the RFU as England Coach. Too much box ticking apparently. .

Smith implied in his criticisms of the Job Spec for HC that any successful candidate would need to know as much about their way around the RFU minefields as they did about delivering results on the pitch. Look at how HCs operate in other countries and see what a task SL has embraced. Look how Woodentop got shafted!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

ligger (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 20:15
Still no danger of a backs coach at Bath then, or have I missed something somewhere

ballsout (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 20:15
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Quote:
annie blackthorn

Interesting (at least I thought so)article on why no-one with any SH int standing approached by the headhunters really wants to work at the RFU as England Coach. Too much box ticking apparently. .

Smith implied in his criticisms of the Job Spec for HC that any successful candidate would need to know as much about their way around the RFU minefields as they did about delivering results on the pitch. Look at how HCs operate in other countries and see what a task SL has embraced. Look how Woodentop got shafted!

Link to these criticisms?

All I remember was his saying the original job description was 'waffly'. Prove me wrong?

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 20:28
I'll have a dig around for you Annie when I have access to my LT!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Bri (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 20:58
After watching the highlights please bring a scrum coach with you Gary,

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 22:23
You could always buy your own copy of the Rugby Paper folks.
I've since had a chance to read Ackford's summary of the Premiership season, but won't bother to enlighten you on his pithy views.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 22:34
Allow me to share

I like turtles.

retired (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 23:01
(Sm57)
Quote:

Oh so smart Lee, so simple and so to the point.
(Sm22)(Sm128)

m0rris (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 23:05
To quote Andy from Hot Fuzz "What a load of horse @#$%&".

That Ackford article is total mull and I'd want my money back if I had paid to read that. Whilst there are some nuggets of truth they rest amongst plenty of dross... To top it off it is so poorly written it reads like he planned an article, ran out of time and handed in his plan like a GCSE student who ran out of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 23:07 by m0rris.

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 23:33
OEC (Sm14)

I like turtles.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 23:58
Where is Mr Mendez these days to tw4t a tw4t?

Cyberadey (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 02:12
Personally I think if Mike Ford is coming with Gary Gold then Brad Davis will become attack coach. What everyone is perhaps forgetting is that when Brad played Rugby League his position was either Stand-off, Scrum-half, or Hooker so, rather than being a defensive player,he was usually the teams main playmaker and infact dictated the sides attacking moves so successfully he is in the Castleford Tigers 'Hall of Fame'. He also played with Mike Ford at Castleford Tigers where Ford was the scrum-half inside him when he was starring at Stand-off.
Ok so I know this is Rugby Union not the Northerners game but all i'm saying is that he has the mentality to make a bloody good job of attack coach if given half a chance.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 06:39
Willing to back the club in whoever they bring in but a little worried about having a untested forwards coach and a untested attack coach.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 07:50
Just read through your stuff on the 3rd page on Neal and as an Irish Supporter I might just twitter him the link! it might be just what he needs to decide to stay with us.

He's a real class coach (Have a look at what he's done with our academy) and a really nice bloke as well.

Don't imagine he would come to manage your academy if that slot was available i guess the move to forwards coach is career development we can't offer him as we are slimming down the back room team.

If you don't want him hope it's not to late for Brian to get him to stay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 07:54 by Jon_r43.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 07:55
Does he work with you forwards John?I understand he is well liked and respected for what he's done for your Academy,maybe it's our plan to get JJ off you,who in my oppinion the best young back in the country.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 08:18
We've gone down the route of a tiny academy recently (about 5 or 6) of real quality (And then we borrow a load of players from the championship to make up the A league side.) Because of this and squad size I think our academy lads and management spend much of the week working with the first team.

Beefy and Toby looked after the forwards side of things so don't think working with forwards will be new to him (Haven't most of yours retired anyway (Sm100))

Catty was then "attack" coach with Justin Bishop "defence" coach.

On JJ, hands off.... not just because we are his fan sponsors but because I agree with you can't wait to see him and Manu for England , hopefully over the summer.

Would have been worried that he might have come your way if Catty had been coming to you as well but Brian's signings have filled most of the gaps and think we will be top 6 (Ideally top 4 again) in the next couple of years, so hopefully he will stay.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 08:26
Thanks John,well they certainly smashed Gloucesters pack.
If JJ is not on the plane to South Africa I'd eat my hat so to speak,I'm wishing we got Catty now if he could have brought him here.Players like him come along very rarely,watch him at age grade and although others were getting more plaudits at the time,you could tell he was the real class,hope he stays injury free for awhile.

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 08:33
Quote:
m0rris
To quote Andy from Hot Fuzz "What a load of horse @#$%&".
That Ackford article is total mull and I'd want my money back if I had paid to read that. Whilst there are some nuggets of truth they rest amongst plenty of dross... To top it off it is so poorly written it reads like he planned an article, ran out of time and handed in his plan like a GCSE student who ran out of time.

Care to point out the "nuggets" from the "dross" or are you happy just to prove his 4th point?

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 10:18

m0rris (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:03
Quote:
Old Bathonian
Care to point out the "nuggets" from the "dross" or are you happy just to prove his 4th point?
If you insist...
Nuggets of truth:
Quote:
False Dawn
Stephen Donald. Slotted the penalty which sent the World Cup New Zealandís way, landed with accompanying fanfare in England, then struggled in a poor Bath side.
Quote:
Where rugby apes football
The constant harassment of officials by players. Scrum-halves are the worst. It should be the captainís prerogative and no-one elseís.
Quote:
Best analyst on TV
Former Gloucester director of rugby, Dean Ryan

Dross lowlights...

His constant fawning over Nigel Wray
Appalling writing style for this article, he is supposed to be a paid professional?
Quote:
London Irish and Gloucester are examples of that, clubs which are currently punching well below their weight.
Gloucester should be there but Irish, my understanding is that they have been struggling with money problems for years now. Their stellar signing for this season was Hape, whilst ours was a slight overspend we went for a £500,000 All Black.

Apologies everyone else for the thread diversion.

On topic. It seems as if it is being all but announced that Gold is coming, that can only be a good thing for us as we need someone to motivate our squad and rebuild our forward work.... someone like Gary Gold!

I think that we could see a reversal of fortunes between Gold and McGeechan. We'll probably lose a lot of the really good N.Hemisphere captures, players like Ryan Caldwell and Carl Fearns. However, unlike McGeechan, it is clear that Gold can motivate pro-players which should stop a rout similar to this season.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:05
Why do you think we'd lose Caldwell and Fearns under Gold?

Stuart

Former ed.

m0rris (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:10
Apologies I didn'texplain myself properly... I don't think we'll lose the players but we'll lose the abilility, to an extent, of signing NH players that have been lurking off the radar for a couple of season... such as Ryan and Carl. i.e. We'll lose that signings capability but not the players.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net