rugbyunion
Latest News:

School of hard knocks.
joehousewife (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 10:14
I think this a a quality scheme, an excellent programme really selling the attributes of our great game.
Well done lads.

Re: School of hard knocks.
Humpo (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:17
Absolutely superb programme. Looking forward to catching up on the last episode.

Finigan and Colin are my favourites.

grumpybear (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:26
Bruno has the physique and makings of a good player.

Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 12:13
I think this is about the 4th or 5th series now and I've loved every one. Quite a tear jerker when you see the real difference it makes to some of the guys.

A lad (not part of SOHK) who works in the same company as me was telling me recently how rugby changed his life after he got into it in his early teens. Over 50% of his friends from that time have either been in prison or are still there and he attributed almost all of the change in his life to getting in with the rugby crowd, understanding how to channel his agression and deciding as a result to take a different path.

All makes me very proud to be invovled in such a brilliant sport.

joehousewife (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 12:30
I just hope it keeps going because I can't imagine the veiwing figures being very high, mind you it must be pretty cheap to produce. I do love it!

Benger_Boy (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:58
I would love to see someone (with help from the RFU) fund more projects like this around the country. Would make a great charity. There are lots of kids (and adults) out there who could really use something positive to focus on and help them mature into the people they could be and rugby is a fantastic tool to do that.

Players wanted! Any one who wants to get into or back into rugby or just fancies the odd game for Sutton Benger RFC, PM me.

Bri (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 14:56
Problem is theirs tens of thousands of kids wandering around aimlessly with no direction,you could do that with most sports but I enjoy it.Would be far better to bring back National Service.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 15:28
Agree, SOHK is excellent and essential viewing in our household smiling smiley

Cheers,

Rich

Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 20:09
Bri - National Service isn't the answer but SoHK provides a far better approach.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 00:36
Every old boy I speak to loved their time in national service.Everyone had nothing but positive things to say about it.

Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 08:11
Problem is Bri that the services don't want NS recruits.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:19
Quote:
Bri
Problem is theirs tens of thousands of kids wandering around aimlessly with no direction,you could do that with most sports but I enjoy it.Would be far better to bring back National Service.

There have always been kids supposedly wandering around aimlessly the fact is there are millions walking purposefully. The only difference between now and when I was a kid is perceptions and 24 hour rolling news, the kids of today are no worse than their grandparents were.

Ian

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:03
Quote:
Blocks2u
Quote:
Bri

There have always been kids supposedly wandering around aimlessly the fact is there are millions walking purposefully. The only difference between now and when I was a kid is perceptions and 24 hour rolling news, the kids of today are no worse than their grandparents were.

I take it you don't get out much or live in your on bubble.
I have heard the same Glen for a Staff Sargent who was agast when I suggested it.

Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:54
I think Sky deserve a great deal of credit, not only for producing the show itself, but also in presenting it in the raw, uncensored, gritty way that they do. You won't often see people in similar prominent positions to Greenwood and Quinnell doing studio work one day and the next being allowed the freedom to speak earnestly and swear in front of the camera. Personally, I find it quite refreshing, not because swearing's taboo, but because it's presented in a very real and honest way which is organic to the situation.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:00
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
I think Sky deserve a great deal of credit, not only for producing the show itself, but also in presenting it in the raw, uncensored, gritty way that they do. You won't often see people in similar prominent positions to Greenwood and Quinnell doing studio work one day and the next being allowed the freedom to speak earnestly and swear in front of the camera. Personally, I find it quite refreshing, not because swearing's taboo, but because it's presented in a very real and honest way which is organic to the situation.

You think it's uncensored?A Uni boy was in it last series and believe me it's Censored.

Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:11
Uncensored in terms that they don't bleep out swearing was my point.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:18
Quote:
Bri
I take it you don't get out much or live in your on bubble.

I've employed young people for over 22 years and spent my life working in factories. Your ignorance must be bliss.

Ian

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:54
And your he only one that employs youngsters?what your point.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:50
I'll make this easy for you Brain

You accused me of living in a bubble and not getting out much.

I said I have spent my life working in factories with young people and now employ them.

The inference from me is that I have not been living in a bubble in fact I have spent my life working with young people.

I never claimed I was the only person to do this I WAS TRYING TO ILLUSTRATE THAT I DON'T LIVE IN A BUBBLE. GET IT.

FYI I don't think the kids of today are any worse than they were when I was a teenager in the 60's/70's in fact I think, if anything, they are better.

Ian

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:53
FYI I don't think the kids of today are any worse than they were when I was a teenager in the 60's/70's in fact I think, if anything, they are better.[/quote]

Ha ha,like I said living in a bubble.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:15
We'll have to agree to disagree.

When I was a teenager living in a quiet village in Cambridgeshire we used to hang around in gangs there was graffiti and the mods and rockers had regular gang fights.

My factory is next to an E.O.T.A.S.centre we get no trouble from the kids there. I am living in reality, you appear to be living off the tabloid perception. How many children do you have Brain?

Ian

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:36
Quote:
Blocks2u
When I was a teenager living in a quiet village in Cambridgeshire we used to hang around in gangs there was graffiti and the mods and rockers had regular gang fights.

My factory is next to an E.O.T.A.S.centre we get no trouble from the kids there. I am living in reality, you appear to be living off the tabloid perception. How many children do you have Brain?

Maybe your right or maybe I work on the front line and see it without watching tv.
Mods and Rockers may have met now and again for a rumble and the odd one carry a cut throat razor but now so many more are tooled up.
Gangs are much more violent today,the Grays

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:37
Quote:
Blocks2u

Maybe your right or maybe I work on the front line and see it without watching tv.
Mods and Rockers may have met now and again for a rumble and the odd one carry a cut throat razor but now so many more are tooled up.
Gangs are much more violent today,Ronnie and Reg would be @#$%& cats by today's standards or maybe I watch to much Grange Hill.

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:39
[quote Bri][quote Blocks2u]We'll have to agree to disagree.

Gangs are much more violent today,Ronnie and Reg would be @#$%& cats by today's standards or maybe I watch to much Grange Hill.[/quote]

GRANGE HILL!!! Now we know you are out of touch Bri!

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:32
The kids today are the ones who's parents and grandparents made the society they live in. Think on that Brian.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:36
Oh I do Annie but you can't blame parents,I couldn't wish for better children but I've been lucky and I've always prayed since they were born no drugs and thankfully they haven't.Duncan Bell on tv now

comedowner (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:17
Bri x

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:57
Quote:
Bri
Gangs are much more violent today,Ronnie and Reg would be @#$%& cats by today's standards or maybe I watch to much Grange Hill.

Hmm.

To quote some Wikipedia on the Krays:

Quote:
The Krays' criminal activities continued hidden behind their celebrity status and "legitimate" businesses. In October 1967, four months after the suicide of his wife Frances, Reggie was alleged to have been encouraged by his brother to kill Jack "the Hat" McVitie, a minor member of the Kray gang who had failed to fulfil a 1,500 contract paid to him in advance by the Krays to kill Leslie Payne. McVitie was lured to a basement flat in Evering Road, Stoke Newington on the pretence of a party. As he entered, Reggie Kray pointed a handgun at his head and pulled the trigger twice, but the gun failed to discharge. Ronnie Kray then held McVitie in a bearhug and Reggie Kray was handed a carving knife. He stabbed McVitie in the face and stomach, driving it deep into his neck, twisting the blade, continuing as McVitie lay on the floor dying.[18] Several other members of The Firm including the Lambrianou brothers (Tony and Chris) were convicted of this. In Tony Lambrianou's biography, he claims that when Reggie was stabbing Jack, his liver came out and he had to flush it down the toilet. McVitie's body has never been recovered.

Yep, @#$%& cats.

Stuart

Former ed.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 07:05
Quote:
Bri

Oh good some validation to back up your sneering, what do you do? Policeman? Teacher? Youth Worker?

Ian

Bri (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 07:27
Ian,I have banter on here and some times can be serious but if someone asked me a direct question I try and be honest.
I do see a lot,most what drugs have done to society,this includes going on Drug raids as back up to the police,I am not about to say in what capacity but for the last twenty years things have changed for the worse and maybe watching Tv gives you a softer view than you would imagine
I do see a under belly that others may not.
Oh and this is my last post on ERE.

Boy (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 08:59
Always wonder why people feel the need to announce their departure rather than just stop posting.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:53
Quote:
Always wonder why people feel the need to announce their departure rather than just stop posting.

Sympathy vote? What has upset him?

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Boy (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:27
God knows. Seemingly someone having a different opinion on the youth of today than he does. Shocking.

Anyone want to start a 'Where's Bri?' thread? Marshie, I'm looking at you...

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:32
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
God knows. Seemingly someone having a different opinion on the youth of today than he does. Shocking.
Anyone want to start a 'Where's Bri?' thread? Marshie, I'm looking at you...

(Sm22)(Sm22)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

joehousewife (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 11:12
Anyway, back to the thread! Awesome programme, doing a lot of good.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 11:49
Quote:
Posted by: comedowner (81.132.247.137)
Date: 03 May, 2012 20:17

Bri x

So not even a kiss from comedowner persuaded Bri to stay!(Sm108)

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net