rugbyunion
Latest News:

Brian Ashton leaves Fylde
Bathred (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:15
How long till he's linked to Bath?!....

Former England boss Brian Ashton has stepped down from his role as coaching consultant with National Division One club Fylde.

Ashton has "other options of potential work to consider", in addition to taking on an ambassadorial role with Kukri Sports.

Re: Brian Ashton leaves Fylde
Blue Brum (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:23
get him, get him now! 100 times better option than Catty (no offence Catty, fantastic player but unproven coach)

i always remember Bath as a great attacking side under Ashton and maybe a role as backs coach would suit him, let the main man take the pressure and just do what you do best, get us running again!

pubtime (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:24
I can't see him back at Bath having sold up and relocated to Lancashire but who knows...

Blue Brum (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:30
the whole thing with Catt has confused the matter. i reckon Bath may be negotiating a duel role but personally i dont think it will work. i think Ashton is a good solution and Gold can get a grip of our forwards.

DanWiley (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:40
how old is he now?

BennyP (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:45
Quote:
DanWiley
how old is he now?

Does that really matter? I think he's in his mid-60's... 65 I think. I think it would be great to have him as the Backs Coach. Less pressure than the top role whilst still being involved with the club. Maybe he feels that he had unfinished business here after going off to the England job?

DA Bath (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:48
Alastair Eykyn tweets:
"Brian Ashton confirms to BBC that he has not been asked to be part of the current England coaching set-up - either in the short term, or long term."

With Sale, Glos, Bath, England and possibly London Irish after coaches there is a fair bit more musical chairs to be played yet.

Bath Fan Jack (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 11:53
Can you physically return to your spiritual home twice?

hasta (IP Logged)
Ashton is the same age as Graham Henry (66)

joehousewife (IP Logged)
Gold,Ashton and Brad would make a nice combo IMHO.

Optimist (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 12:57
for all those coaches out there saying, 'Give me time', can I respectfully suggest that they get hold of a recording of Bath playing pre-Ashton, and then compare and contrast it with a video of Bath playing 3-4 weeks after he took over. A greater transformation in a shorter period of time can rarely have been achieved. Was also part of the reason why Ashton attracted such opprobrium on here when he abruptly de-spiritualised a couple of months after that - the disappointment was intense.

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:05
Come on Bruce, this one really does make sense. Tie him to a deal that will be too valuable for England to poach him.

Avers (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:18
Ashton has not sold up yet.

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:23
Now I would love to see Ashton back here, wasn't he instrumental in getting Robinson to play for us??

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

Rampant (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:24
With the comments from NB at the Fans Forum last night. Ashton certainly fits into the coaching structure of gnarled forwards and wide back play.

joehousewife (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:28
Got an uninformed hunch he'll come...

hasta (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:39
Probably end up at Sale.

Griff (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:45
Ashton would be very welcome, definately would spark the backs into life

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Stone Poet (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:55
Yes please!

BathHalfFull (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 14:30
yes, yes a million times yes. Top man too.

parkdisc (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 14:49
That would be excellent news - unfinished business to conclude!

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 17:49
It is what I like about Super rugby so much they have hard forwards who get the ball then spin it wide to the backs to cause damage. Hopefully we will play like this rather than trying to placate us after a season which has not gone as hoped.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 19:02
I am with hasta,looks like Sale, they have Cips and Miller two players he will like.
Shame, him and Neil Jenkins to jig up Tommy and re-jig OB would be great assets for Bath in intense bursts.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 20:09
Another re-tread! for the third time round? Get-a-grip!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

3Quarter (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 20:34
Much as I would love to see him back I cannot see it after the way he was treated when he decided to take the England offer. Never understood the level of spite on this board after all who would turn down the chance of coaching England to a world cup?

The Oilman (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 20:37
Agree with the Sale suggestion.

rightarmover (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 21:31
Once shaton twice a tad wiser. No thanks - and Fylde achieved nothing special in ND one, either.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net